ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Jeffery Simmons DL Mississippi State
Coogs 06:39 AM 02-13-2019
#12 overall by Kiper. Projected to go #7 to the Jags.

Tore his ACL this weekend.

Do you take a chance on a guy who has top "10" talent who may not play in his first year?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:24 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Dude, you know he stood over top of a girl and wailed on her ass while she was on the ground?

He's still a top 15 pick because Mississippi State landed a top 20 player for the first time in a long time and didn't want to throw him off the team. They should have. He wasn't 'vetted' - if the dude was as much as a 4 star instead of the best player in the state, they'd have launched his ass out of there.

They let him stay in the program because he was good - the end.

As I stated if it was all bullshit, and his character was truly questionable, he'd be in the 5th round and down flyer in the NFL evaluation process.

T
[Reply]
O.city 10:25 AM 02-14-2019
So theoretically speaking, at what point in the draft would you be willing to say "fuck it, take him"?

I don't think the Chiefs will take him all things considered, but if he were there in the 5th round, you'd have to have a discussion, right?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
So theoretically speaking, at what point in the draft would you be willing to say "fuck it, take him"?

I don't think the Chiefs will take him all things considered, but if he were there in the 5th round, you'd have to have a discussion, right?
He might not be able to play at all until 2020. I'm not drafting him anywhere, at all.
[Reply]
O.city 10:39 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He might not be able to play at all until 2020. I'm not drafting him anywhere, at all.
Sure, but if you can get him in the 5th round, you'd do it. I don't expect to get much out of a fifth rounder anyway so if you could roll the dice and redshirt him that would be pretty valuable.

The problem is do you want to have to deal with all the media shit for a fifth rounder. They did it for Tyreek, but as discussed this is a bit different.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:59 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Sure, but if you can get him in the 5th round, you'd do it. I don't expect to get much out of a fifth rounder anyway so if you could roll the dice and redshirt him that would be pretty valuable.

The problem is do you want to have to deal with all the media shit for a fifth rounder. They did it for Tyreek, but as discussed this is a bit different.
Nope, I don't. I don't want to deal with the circus if he's not going to be a starter day 1. To deal with all the baggage, he needs to bring something significant to the team in 2019. He can't do that, so I don't draft him at all.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:10 AM 02-14-2019
Nope, I don't. I don't want to deal with the circus if he's not going to be a starter day 1. To deal with all the baggage, he needs to bring something significant to the team in 2019. He can't do that, so I don't draft him at all.
Man, that’s some conviction.

No way I’m passing up on him in the 5th.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:14 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
As I stated if it was all bullshit, and his character was truly questionable, he'd be in the 5th round and down flyer in the NFL evaluation process.
What do you think I'm calling 'bullshit'?

I don't care WHAT the woman said. Take it at face value if you want - still don't care. The dude stood over top of a woman who was ALREADY outgunned by his sister and proceeded to punch her in the head when she was literally face down with her hands over her head. She had given up and he threw 3-4 punches in there for good measure.

That IS bullshit.

His character is questionable - full stop. He punched a woman laying on the ground who wasn't fighting back. That's a questionable character any way you want to slice it.

And you're wrong regarding his draft statues - had MSU done with him what OSU did with Hill then his draft status would've plummeted. But had Hill stayed at OSU and played as well as Simmons did at MSU, he'd have been a high pick as well. Hill was rightfully held accountable (and to be fair, what he did was far worse), but Simmons should have been as well.

His draft status is because MSU didn't hold him accountable for his actions and performed well in the SEC. His performance and pedigree is why he's a 1st round pick but that wouldn't have mattered if MSU would've stepped up when they should have. I truly couldn't give one fuck less about 'honor student' status for D1 athletes; that stuff is made up from whole cloth. As for the fact that he managed to go 3 years without beating another defenseless woman - WOOPITYDOO!!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:32 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Man, that’s some conviction.

No way I’m passing up on him in the 5th.
So you're willing to open the book on the Chiefs "hypocrisy" regarding Hunt, regarding Hill, regarding every situation they've had. All for a 5th round pick that might not even see the field for a year.

No. Freaking. Way.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:38 AM 02-14-2019
So you're willing to open the book on the Chiefs "hypocrisy" regarding Hunt, regarding Hill, regarding every situation they've had. All for a 5th round pick that might not even see the field for a year.

No. Freaking. Way.
I highly doubt that it would be a topic in the national media to be honest. Plus, it’s not like Tyreek isn’t still on the team. If they were going to open the book they already would have.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:43 AM 02-14-2019
What do you think I'm calling 'bullshit'?

I don't care WHAT the woman said. Take it at face value if you want - still don't care. The dude stood over top of a woman who was ALREADY outgunned by his sister and proceeded to punch her in the head when she was literally face down with her hands over her head. She had given up and he threw 3-4 punches in there for good measure.

That IS bullshit.

His character is questionable - full stop. He punched a woman laying on the ground who wasn't fighting back. That's a questionable character any way you want to slice it.

And you're wrong regarding his draft statues - had MSU done with him what OSU did with Hill then his draft status would've plummeted. But had Hill stayed at OSU and played as well as Simmons did at MSU, he'd have been a high pick as well. Hill was rightfully held accountable (and to be fair, what he did was far worse), but Simmons should have been as well.

His draft status is because MSU didn't hold him accountable for his actions and performed well in the SEC. His performance and pedigree is why he's a 1st round pick but that wouldn't have mattered if MSU would've stepped up when they should have. I truly couldn't give one fuck less about 'honor student' status for D1 athletes; that stuff is made up from whole cloth. As for the fact that he managed to go 3 years without beating another defenseless woman - WOOPITYDOO!!!

An 18 year old defending his sister, after a woman talked horribly about his sister's deceased child.

I forgive him on this one, he never had issue before. no drug infractions, or insubordination before this incident.

If he's truly habitual, he'd be a lower round pick prospect

He's an honor student, and has been on the straight and narrow ever since.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:49 AM 02-14-2019
An 18 year old defending his sister, after a woman talked horribly about his sister's deceased child.

I forgive him on this one, he never had issue before. no drug infractions, or insubordination before this incident.

If he's truly habitual, he'd be a lower round pick prospect

He's an honor student, and has been on the straight and narrow ever since.
"Defending his sister" /= standing over and pummeling a woman after the fight is over.

That's just being a violent shithead.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:56 AM 02-14-2019
"Defending his sister" /= standing over and pummeling a woman after the fight is over.

That's just being a violent shithead.
totally ignoring that his off-field conduct has been spotless afterwards.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:15 PM 02-14-2019
totally ignoring that his off-field conduct has been spotless afterwards.
He won't be able to play significant snaps in 2019. This team's best window is RIGHT NOW. Why bother?
[Reply]
Chargem 03:51 PM 02-14-2019
He won't be able to play significant snaps in 2019. This team's best window is RIGHT NOW. Why bother?
Sort of depends what pick you have to spend on him and what the Chiefs can get done in free agency. To me, the window is open for years with Mahomes under center so you don't want to mortgage everything for this year, you want sustainability.

If he falls to the end of the 3rd not taking him is insane. If you don't have a gaping hole that you can't fill with FA, using a 2nd on him is reasonable imo.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:57 PM 02-14-2019
Anybody that isn't drafted in the first 3 rounds isn't likely to play significant snaps in '19 anyway. And if he's not playing and is just stuck on the IR, you'll have 6 minutes of rabble and then he'll be out of sight, out of mind.

I'm not opposed to spending a late 2nd on him (maybe; depends on the board), but I'd definitely use a 3rd.

I just think hand-waiving what he did as some youthful indiscretion is pretty ridiculous.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up