ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Jeffery Simmons DL Mississippi State
Coogs 06:39 AM 02-13-2019
#12 overall by Kiper. Projected to go #7 to the Jags.

Tore his ACL this weekend.

Do you take a chance on a guy who has top "10" talent who may not play in his first year?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:26 AM 02-13-2019
Nope. Of all the years, this is the one where we need immediate contributions. They are inches away from being a Super Bowl team.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:17 AM 02-13-2019
And c'mon - we released Kareem Hunt because he threw a friend of his into a woman and halfheartedly swung his foot at her.

Simmons had a girl on the ground beneath him and took 3 full-scale punches at her head.

Dude's not even on our draft board. If he's there in the 3rd we wouldn't take him. Personally, I'd use a late 2 on him and hope he'd be ready for a late-season contribution (though admittedly unlikely). But you should probably just dispense with the thought - we're not gonna cut Hunt and then immediately turn around and grab this guy.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:27 PM 02-13-2019
If he's there at the back of the 2nd I'd take him. If he's there at the end of the 3rd you absolutely have to.

I can sort of see the Chiefs going for it, despite the recent Kareem Hunt situation. They can hold Tyreek up as the model "with the right assurances before the draft and the right support as a Chief, Tyreek has been a model human so we are comfortable taking someone who has made a mistake in the past" etc.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:41 PM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Nope. Of all the years, this is the one where we need immediate contributions. They are inches away from being a Super Bowl team.
Yep.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And c'mon - we released Kareem Hunt because he threw a friend of his into a woman and halfheartedly swung his foot at her.

Simmons had a girl on the ground beneath him and took 3 full-scale punches at her head.

Dude's not even on our draft board. If he's there in the 3rd we wouldn't take him. Personally, I'd use a late 2 on him and hope he'd be ready for a late-season contribution (though admittedly unlikely). But you should probably just dispense with the thought - we're not gonna cut Hunt and then immediately turn around and grab this guy.
Double yep.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:02 AM 02-14-2019
Simmons was defending his sister, and the woman was making inflammatory remarks about his sister's deceased son.

Yep, unjustified
[Reply]
MTG#10 08:09 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Simmons was defending his sister, and the woman was making inflammatory remarks about his sister's deceased son.

Yep, unjustified
Glad you agree.

A man should never put his hands on a woman over "remarks". Its called being an adult.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:31 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Glad you agree.

A man should never put his hands on a woman over "remarks". Its called being an adult.
While I agree it’s still not an excuse it’s a little more understandable if it were really about his sisters deceased son.

That’s a line that if anybody crosses, they should expect a violent reaction. Would you consider her alleged actions being an adult?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:34 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
If he's there at the back of the 2nd I'd take him. If he's there at the end of the 3rd you absolutely have to.

I can sort of see the Chiefs going for it, despite the recent Kareem Hunt situation. They can hold Tyreek up as the model "with the right assurances before the draft and the right support as a Chief, Tyreek has been a model human so we are comfortable taking someone who has made a mistake in the past" etc.
Tyreek would have never been a Chief if there was a video.

When the Chiefs were able to dodge the graphic nature of a large man hitting a woman, they took a shot. When they couldn't, they cut Kareem Hunt.

If there was no video on Simmons, maybe they would have gambled. But with a video - no way.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:36 AM 02-14-2019

Yep, unjustified
A 300 lb man punched a woman on the ground 3 times when his sister pretty clearly had things under control.

It was absolutely unjustified. And that's even IF I'm willing to take him at face value. Truth be told - I'm not. Everyone always has a reason when they get caught and the more salacious you can make it, the better.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:37 AM 02-14-2019
A 300 lb man punched a woman on the ground 3 times when his sister pretty clearly had things under control.

It was absolutely unjustified. And that's even IF I'm willing to take him at face value. Truth be told - I'm not. Everyone always has a reason when they get caught and the more salacious you can make it, the better.
So the sister and her were fighting and he jumped in?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:44 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So the sister and her were fighting and he jumped in?
Hard to say, but that's how the video looked. His sister put her to the ground and when she was down there, he stood over hear, leaned down and punched her several times.

Watch the clip - his sister has 75-100 lbs on the girl. She's no wilting daisy. That girl no longer presents any threat to anyone and he just pummels her a few more times for shits and grins after she's already put her hands over her head.

He shouldn't have been allowed to play this season, IMO.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:55 AM 02-14-2019

Dude, you know why he was still a top 15 pick?

He was vetted and kept clean.

the guy was an honor student as well
[Reply]
staylor26 10:00 AM 02-14-2019
Hard to say, but that's how the video looked. His sister put her to the ground and when she was down there, he stood over hear, leaned down and punched her several times.

Watch the clip - his sister has 75-100 lbs on the girl. She's no wilting daisy. That girl no longer presents any threat to anyone and he just pummels her a few more times for shits and grins after she's already put her hands over her head.

He shouldn't have been allowed to play this season, IMO.
Just watched it and it definitely appears that way.

If the girl really did say shit about her deceased son, she deserved the ass whooping from the sister, but he wasn’t even needed at all.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:09 AM 02-14-2019
Dude, you know why he was still a top 15 pick?

He was vetted and kept clean.

the guy was an honor student as well
Dude, you know he stood over top of a girl and wailed on her ass while she was on the ground?

He's still a top 15 pick because Mississippi State landed a top 20 player for the first time in a long time and didn't want to throw him off the team. They should have. He wasn't 'vetted' - if the dude was as much as a 4 star instead of the best player in the state, they'd have launched his ass out of there.

They let him stay in the program because he was good - the end.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up