ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 48
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Episode IX
Hammock Parties 07:39 PM 07-09-2018
Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Originally Posted by :
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.

[Reply]
Sorry 03:14 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It's a dumb notion anyway, there was never going to be a way to fit all five OT greats into a film and accommodate

Snoke
Kylo
Hux
Finn
Rey
BB-8
R2-D2
C-3P0
Chewbacca

We were lucky we got Ackbar for five minutes.
Force awakens should have been from luke's perspective and they edge in the kids towards the end of last jedi and for the majority of 9.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:12 PM 04-22-2019
5 minutes of Ackbar >>>>>> ANY minutes of new characters.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:11 AM 04-25-2019
It's a dumb notion anyway, there was never going to be a way to fit all five OT greats into a film and accommodate

Snoke
Kylo
Hux
Finn
Rey
BB-8
R2-D2
C-3P0
Chewbacca

One scene could have accommodated Luke, Han, Leia and Chewy. JJ nixed that when he decided to cram Luke into his patented Mystery Box. I'm still very much in the TLJ > TFA crowd. That being one of the central reasons why.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:40 PM 05-02-2019
Peter Mayhew died.

RIP

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:26 PM 05-02-2019
:-)

[Reply]
Bowser 07:31 PM 05-02-2019
Ah man.

RIP, Fuzzball
[Reply]
Bowser 09:34 PM 05-08-2019
So this doesn't suck....

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:46 PM 05-08-2019
Yeah that was an awesome edit.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 12:08 AM 05-09-2019

Snoke
Kylo
Hux
Finn
Rey
BB-8
R2-D2
C-3P0
Chewbacca

This must be sarcasm.

I got a fucking 30 minute PETA lecture jammed into TLJ, so I think they could manage.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:16 AM 05-09-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
So this doesn't suck....

Didn't see this before I made a thread about it. It's cool enough for it's own thread anyway.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:40 PM 05-11-2019
Cleaned up 4k downloads of the original unaltered trilogy are coming.

http://www.thestarwarstrilogy.com/st...Dj48viLrfXqg4M

you can already download ANH in 4K....and you can choose between the original grainy film stock and a restored version with digital noise reduction :-)

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:30 AM 05-22-2019
At least Rose got written out.

[Reply]
Bowser 08:41 AM 05-22-2019
I read somewhere the actress that played Rose took an absolute beating on social media after TLJ, so she told them she wasn't going to be in IX. That's not really fair to her - it wasn't her fault they wrote her character so badly and put her in a more awkward and out of place love story than Anakin and Padme rolling around in the wheat on Naboo.

Sweet images, tho. I like Lando and the gang in the Falcon, and that's a cool pic of Kylo and Rey fighting on the husk of the Death Star II.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:49 AM 05-22-2019
I think that's the Falcon.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:58 AM 05-22-2019
intredasting...

Originally Posted by :
Anthony Daniels, who plays C-3P0, is the only actor who has appeared in all nine movies of the Star Wars triple trilogy, so if anybody’s entitled to leak, it’s him. Daniels says he loved the script for The Rise of Skywalker, but he didn’t get it until the last minute, right before shooting started, and for some reason he just couldn’t memorize his part. “My first line would not go in my head!” he says. In person Daniels is like a C-3P0 whose preferences have been reset to charming and voluble. “The line that I couldn’t say was two words: ‘common emblem.’ Common emblem, common emblem—I would say them thousands of times. My wife would say it back. I just couldn’t say them!”

Fortunately C-3P0’s mouth doesn’t move, so he could add the line in postproduction. Anyway, there’s the big scoop: “common emblem.” I don’t know what it means either. (Also I 100 percent guarantee that they will change the line before the movie comes out so that this scoop will end up being fake news.) Daniels also told me that C-3P0 does something in this movie that surprises everybody—but he wouldn’t say what. “He keeps his clothes on. It’s not like he suddenly does this thing, but …”

[Reply]
Page 34 of 48
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up