ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 215 of 386
« First < 115165205211212213214215 216217218219225265315 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:52 PM 04-25-2019
This BS that Tyrion has all of a sudden become a dumbass is all a dodge. No way he trusts Cersi to honor her part of the deal. He had to know she wasn’t sending her troops north. There are conversations that took place that we know exist but not what was discussed or decided. Something is up.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 04:56 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This BS that Tyrion has all of a sudden become a dumbass is all a dodge. No way he trusts Cersi to honor her part of the deal. He had to know she wasn’t sending her troops north. There are conversations that took place that we know exist but not what was discussed or decided. Something is up.
I dont dog on the HBO writers too much, but that's my biggest wtf for them at the moment. Hope it somehow pays off, but not expecting it.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:06 PM 04-25-2019
Tyrion, by coincidence or not, has been working to separate Dany from allies who would literally die for her since Season 5.

He advised she put Jorah in exile.
He advised she keep Daario in Maereen.
He advised to separate the Tyrells, Greyjoy’s, Grey Worm, and the Martells from Dany in S7.
He advised to send Jon on a suicidal mission that had a questionable payoff from the beginning - and then begged Dany not to go herself.

I think there very much is a larger play from Tyrion here, or at least I hope there is.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:59 PM 04-25-2019
Heh. It just popped into my head that Jon was burned when he killed the first wight in Castle Black.

So...

He’s a Viserys level Targaryen?
[Reply]
Frazod 08:18 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Tyrion, by coincidence or not, has been working to separate Dany from allies who would literally die for her since Season 5.

He advised she put Jorah in exile.
He advised she keep Daario in Maereen.
He advised to separate the Tyrells, Greyjoy’s, Grey Worm, and the Martells from Dany in S7.
He advised to send Jon on a suicidal mission that had a questionable payoff from the beginning - and then begged Dany not to go herself.

I think there very much is a larger play from Tyrion here, or at least I hope there is.
:-)

Very astute observation. Sure would suck for Tyrion to end up being a weasel, but at the end of the day.... he is.... a Lannister.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:31 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
:-)

Very astute observation. Sure would suck for Tyrion to end up being a weasel, but at the end of the day.... he is.... a Lannister.
Until it's reveled that he is a Targaryen.
[Reply]
Hawk 09:22 PM 04-25-2019
The show writers have made Tyrion out to be a dumbass. I don't think he'll get the same treatment in the books...if we ever get the books. I don't think Tyrion is purposely screwing Dany, that's far too complex for these show writers. They're just making him look dumb so he can then do something smart to help win and redeem himself.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:40 PM 04-25-2019
I don't think the books will be anything at all like the TV show. Some major beats that he gave them, sure, but the minutae will be completely different and there's a ton of strings running in the books that are either changed or non-existent on TV.
[Reply]
BigRichard 04:42 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Hawk:
The show writers have made Tyrion out to be a dumbass. I don't think he'll get the same treatment in the books...if we ever get the books. I don't think Tyrion is purposely screwing Dany, that's far too complex for these show writers. They're just making him look dumb so he can then do something smart to help win and redeem himself.
Exactly, everyone keeps throwing out these complex scenarios where there is this big reveal. I would be willing to bet some money that there isn't any big reveal in the show. These writers just aren't that good.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:17 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Hawk:
The biggest problem I have with the whole theory is if he is trying to fuck her over, then to whose benefit? Certainly not Cersei. And since he begged Dany not go north to save Jon from the white walkers, not Jon. Does he seek power for himself? Maybe, but he's never seemed the type. Perhaps Sansa? That doesn't make much sense, either.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:29 AM 04-26-2019
Hey, Tim, I found the perfect article for you: https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/4/2...-of-winterfell

Where's that popcorn emogi?
[Reply]
Frazod 11:18 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Hey, Tim, I found the perfect article for you: https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/4/2...-of-winterfell

Where's that popcorn emogi?
Yeah, I stopped reading fairly quickly.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:52 AM 04-26-2019
Not one of the better reads.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:02 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Not one of the better reads.
People like that amaze me. Sort of like people who watch football and whine about the violence.

You know going in that it's going to be violent. If you don't like violence, then go somewhere else.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:12 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
People like that amaze me. Sort of like people who watch football and whine about the violence.

You know going in that it's going to be violent. If you don't like violence, then go somewhere else.
What do you expect from a loser like this
https://www.vox.com/authors/rebecca-jennings
[Reply]
Page 215 of 386
« First < 115165205211212213214215 216217218219225265315 > Last »
Up