ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2285 of 4800
« First < 1285178521852235227522812282228322842285 228622872288228922952335238527853285 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:03 AM 04-25-2019
Whatever happened with Shane Ray? He's a FA right? I know that he's been injured a lot, but I figured that someone would pick him up and take a chance on a one year prove it deal by now.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:04 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Whatever happened with Shane Ray? He's a FA right? I know that he's been injured a lot, but I figured that someone would pick him up and take a chance on a one year prove it deal by now.
I believe he's still a FA...
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:13 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I'm just glad that the draft is finally here... would love to see Denver trade down to pick up another pick or two, maybe get something nice for Harris and then focus on DL, OL, LB, CB.

Right now, they have 6 picks in the first 5 rounds... add 2, maybe 3 picks in there with the moves above and there are a lot of options for them. Would love for them to get a top TE, but not sure I want to sacrifice what would be on the board in the first 3 rounds (DL, LB, OL) for a TE.
Is this a straight Failway draft again? Didn’t Kardiac Kubiak help him last year?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:21 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Is this a straight Failway draft again? Didn’t Kardiac Kubiak help him last year?
Yeah, not sure who was 100% responsible last year - Kubiak definitely helped a great deal and is with MIN now. I don't know who is in the draft room this year or what Fangio's influence will be.

Have to imagine having Fangio and Munchak in there now will be a good influence.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 10:24 AM 04-25-2019
Yeah, not sure who was 100% responsible last year - Kubiak definitely helped a great deal and is with MIN now. I don't know who is in the draft room this year or what Fangio's influence will be.

Have to imagine having Fangio and Munchak in there now will be a good influence.
Thats good news because a certain someone will certainly be under the influence by the time the draft starts.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:36 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Thats good news because a certain someone will certainly be under the influence by the time the draft starts.
Why, yes, I will be
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 10:39 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Why, yes, I will be
You hanging w John already, my guy? I wouldn't try to go drink for drink w him. You'll be in the ER before 1.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:47 AM 04-25-2019
The day I hang with John Elway is the day you read of a NFL GM homicide
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:22 AM 04-26-2019
Ok, as a diversion from all the Hill talk... what's the feedback on the Broncos trade from 10 to 20 and selection of Noah Fant. I know there was some chatter that Denver got screwed on the trade value, but per the charts - it was pretty much in line.

I think as soon as TJ and Oliver fell at 8 and 9, Denver was out. I'm pretty convinced those were their 2 top choices, especially Oliver - would have been awesome to have him in that front 7.

I like picking up the additional R2 pick. Denver now has the 9th and 20th selections in R2 and there's a lot they can do there. Would love for them to find a way to get a 3rd pick in R2, just not sure which team would be interested. Maybe Dallas would like CHJ... find a team like that, get a mid R2 and flip 4th or 5th picks. Who knows, but with the injury and the money, I'm fine if they want to part ways, but they would need to get a 3rd pick in R2 to ensure they find a good CB replacement.

I'm hoping they spend their two picks in R2 on OL and DL/LB. It's a pretty talent rich pool still.

Back to Noah Fant - I really like the pick at 20.
[Reply]
Bewbies 08:27 AM 04-26-2019
Ok, as a diversion from all the Hill talk... what's the feedback on the Broncos trade from 10 to 20 and selection of Noah Fant. I know there was some chatter that Denver got screwed on the trade value, but per the charts - it was pretty much in line.

I think as soon as TJ and Oliver fell at 8 and 9, Denver was out. I'm pretty convinced those were their 2 top choices, especially Oliver - would have been awesome to have him in that front 7.

I like picking up the additional R2 pick. Denver now has the 9th and 20th selections in R2 and there's a lot they can do there. Would love for them to find a way to get a 3rd pick in R2, just not sure which team would be interested. Maybe Dallas would like CHJ... find a team like that, get a mid R2 and flip 4th or 5th picks. Who knows, but with the injury and the money, I'm fine if they want to part ways, but they would need to get a 3rd pick in R2 to ensure they find a good CB replacement.

I'm hoping they spend their two picks in R2 on OL and DL/LB. It's a pretty talent rich pool still.

On paper it looks like a great move and pick. But it was Elway who did it so I think we should all question our thinking there. :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:31 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
On paper it looks like a great move and pick. But it was Elway who did it so I think we should all question our thinking there. :-)
True... there's always that. I was texting with a buddy at pick 18 and we were both hoping they traded back again, joking that is one way to ensure they don't draft Lock or make a terrible R1 pick. However, I think they did well with Fant - certainly not a reach on a player and he's at a position they really need help with on offense.

Now, focus on the OL/DL and a LB.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:51 AM 04-26-2019
So, Butt being a bust causes you to piss away another first? :-) knowmo was such a buffoon
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:10 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
So, Butt being a bust causes you to piss away another first? :-) knowmo was such a buffoon
Well, Butt was taken in the 5th... which considering the upside vs injury was a decent value.

What is KC going to spend replacing the likes of Hunt and Hill? #askingforafriend
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:10 AM 04-26-2019
Well, Butt was taken in the 5th... which considering the upside vs injury was a decent value.

What is KC going to spend replacing the likes of Hunt and Hill? #askingforafriend
Well played.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:35 AM 04-26-2019

I'm surprised that they didn't make a move for a quarterback. Flacco is not the answer. I'm expecting them to take Lock at 41 assuming that he's still there.
[Reply]
Page 2285 of 4800
« First < 1285178521852235227522812282228322842285 228622872288228922952335238527853285 > Last »
Up