ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 157 of 172
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
DeepPurple 03:07 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
KZ 400

not sure about year. I'll guess '78
and I'll guess like maybe $800?
It was a red 1975, the photo is also a '75. I was surprised to see this one for sale looking so good. In 1975 it listed for $1399 and I paid $1300.

I can remember a couple of years earlier they had an all black bike including the engine, I think it was a 900 for $999. I looked at that, but I felt the 400 was more my speed. The 400 was a great bike, fastest I ever had it was 88 mph on the highway. electric start, nice sound, never any trouble.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 03:17 PM 04-17-2019
My first 2 bikes were KZ 650s
[Reply]
Graystoke 04:27 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I only had a bike one time, I rode it for an entire year, I didn't own a car. It was in St. Petersburg, Florida, once called "the town of the walking dead". Between seniors trying to run you off the road, love bugs getting caught in your teeth, or pop-up thunderstorms every afternoon during the summer, I gave it up after a year and bought a Honda Civic.

Here's a exact copy of my bike, can anyone guess the year and the price I paid without looking it up?

What fun. Great bike.
What do you think they go for now on average? ...without looking it up?
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:29 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
What fun. Great bike.
All over the board. Some will call it a classic, it wasn’t. 800 - 1200 in good condition
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:19 PM 04-25-2019
My buddy has 2 low mileage, near perfect bikes and he would dive on a $$$ grand, If you had a 500 mach III 2 stroker, 5-7 K
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:27 PM 04-25-2019
I am looking for insurance for a new to me 2005 Kawasaki Concours 1000 w/ 10,700 miles. I want full coverage, comp and collision, a high liability and good passenger coverage.

Suggestions?

[Reply]
Dayze 09:35 PM 04-25-2019
I’d go with the next gen

Unless of course, it’s not doable etc. $ wise not sure if you already bought it etc.
Didn’t next gen Concours start in 08?

There were massive improvements from the gen you have listed to the current one

Love the Connie
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:04 PM 04-25-2019
I've had 2- 1st gens and I like that I can fix it vs. all the modules and special tools needed in the 2nd gen. I don't need anti lock brakes or the extra horsepower, (Tuned properly it puts out good power) There is something to be said about injection vs carbs.

If you are going to live on it, I'd buy the 1400, I just want an hour ride bike and the 1000 is cheap and a great ride with a few farkles.

I’d go with the next gen

Unless of course, it’s not doable etc. $ wise not sure if you already bought it etc.
Didn’t next gen Concours start in 08?

There were massive improvements from the gen you have listed to the current one

Love the Connie

[Reply]
Dayze 10:07 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I've had 2- 1st gens and I like that I can fix it vs. all the modules and special tools needed in the 2nd gen. I don't need anti lock brakes or the extra horsepower, (Tuned properly it puts out good power) There is something to be said about injection vs carbs.

If you are going to live on it, I'd buy the 1400, I just want an hour ride bike and the 1000 is cheap and a great ride with a few farkles.
Right on. Makes total sense.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:15 PM 04-25-2019
Who are you insured by?
[Reply]
Dayze 10:39 PM 04-25-2019
State Farm. 2 cars, a bike, homeowners and life insurance. I think the bike is like 50O yr. thereabouts on the street glide. Though, that’s just a wild assed guess. I know the coverage above runs about 250 mo.

No tickets or wrecks since 1995, same agent since like 1996 or some shit.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:52 PM 04-25-2019
State Farm. 2 cars, a bike, homeowners and life insurance. I think the bike is like 50O yr. thereabouts on the street glide. Though, that’s just a wild assed guess. I know the coverage above runs about 250 mo.

No tickets or wrecks since 1995, same agent since like 1996 or some shit.
That's a lot if your numbers are right. I guess I may be going through sticker shock. Next week I will have 6 quotes...
[Reply]
Dayze 07:12 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
That's a lot if your numbers are right. I guess I may be going through sticker shock. Next week I will have 6 quotes...
i should say, 2 life insurance policies; 2 cars, 1 bike, and home owners.

we went through the whole considering changing insurance companies about 8 months ago, as we thought it might be a little high as well. But after getting quotes for, shit, probably 5 companies, our current was still the cheapest. So who knows.
This morning, my wife said she thought the monthly bill was like $225. (it comes out directly/auto pay each month, so I can never remember how much it is).

I think the term life is a large driver of that total dollar value; we got them a few years back when we both lost that benefit from our employer insurance; I could probably do somework and find a better deal on that piece etc.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:00 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
What fun. Great bike.
The red KZ400 I used in the photo is a new photo I got off a for sale site. If IRC they were asking $1750 for that bike. The only thing I ever did in the year I owned it was, per the manual every 300 miles I would move the back wheel so the chain would be tight. I was always was afraid of a chain break or front tire blowout.

I never had any trouble, I did lay it down once at 55mph, and only the turn signal on the left side and the chrome muffler on that side were the only signs of damage, I rode it home that day. That was in the second week of owning the bike. My wife on her Kawasaki 250 had a car turn in front of her on her first day on the bike and she hit him in the side, she actually didn't get hurt. However, I worried about her and two weeks later we were on the highway going 55 and a car entered the left turn lane behind me and in front of her, so I turned my head left to see over my shoulder since she was out of sight of my mirror. When I turned my head back to the road, my front tire was going into the curb, it was a left turn so I was in a big lean at that moment. I didn't get hurt more than a bunch of scratches, the medium was dirt and I rolled over a few times, I had a helmet with a full face shield and the snaps were all sawed off flat. Driving that year in a retirement city like St. Petersburg, Florida you had to be on guard all the time.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 11:02 AM 04-26-2019
Check out Markel https://www.markelinsurance.com/motorcycle . 2010 Honda VT1300CS, full coverage $123.00 for the year.
[Reply]
Page 157 of 172
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167 > Last »
Up