ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>I Need A New Keyboard
Sofa King 09:13 AM 04-11-2012
My other one is a pile of shit. I want to get a new one before Diablo 3 comes out.

Any suggestions?
[Reply]
FAX 10:18 AM 04-20-2019
Thank you, my friends.

I think my "finding a keyboard" problem has been the particular set of "wants" rather than absolute "needs". For whatever reason, the combination of mechanical, non-bluetooth wireless, and number pad has revealed a niche market for which there is practically no available product. So, I say we build one.

Until then, however, I'm going to order the Max Keyboard Nighthawk Pro X suggested by Mr. patteeu (thank you, sir). I shall forego wireless technology, but I shall own the keyboard with the coolest name EVAH.

Perhaps someday they will invent a wireless converter or something. Or maybe if someone eventually invents the perfect keyboard for moi, I'll give this one to the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX to commemorate some very special future day. Keyboards make a very thoughtful gift.

Thanks again, everyone. Most helpful. And appreciated. (BTW, there was a molecule of rice krispy under the "g" key. Thank heavens that's over.)

FAX
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:07 PM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Thank you, my friends.

I think my "finding a keyboard" problem has been the particular set of "wants" rather than absolute "needs". For whatever reason, the combination of mechanical, non-bluetooth wireless, and number pad has revealed a niche market for which there is practically no available product. So, I say we build one.

Until then, however, I'm going to order the Max Keyboard Nighthawk Pro X suggested by Mr. patteeu (thank you, sir). I shall forego wireless technology, but I shall own the keyboard with the coolest name EVAH.

Perhaps someday they will invent a wireless converter or something. Or maybe if someone eventually invents the perfect keyboard for moi, I'll give this one to the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX to commemorate some very special future day. Keyboards make a very thoughtful gift.

Thanks again, everyone. Most helpful. And appreciated. (BTW, there was a molecule of rice krispy under the "g" key. Thank heavens that's over.)

FAX
Hope you like what you ended up with.

FWIW I think most mechanical keyboards are for gaming. And I think gamers want wired for improved response time.

I think.

I’m a million miles from the target market but I think that’s the case.

Or I could be all the way wrong.
[Reply]
jd1020 03:10 PM 04-21-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
He needs a number pad. Otherwise, it looks like a pretty good deal.
Missed that part. They make a full size one for $60 too. I might give those keyboards a try when I'm in the market next time. I dont give a shit about RGB but I do like backlighting because I'm not always at my computer in a fully lit room. Other than that the only thing "gaming" about the keyboards I look at are included software to program macro's which can be done with a free program like AHK.
[Reply]
Fish 08:05 PM 04-21-2019
I've been using this keyboard for the past year, and I've been very impressed with it. It's not a mechanical keyboard, but it feels very close, and I've been incredibly impressed with it. It's very heavy and doesn't move at all. Keys feel very crisp, without the noisy clack clack of true mechanical switches. Cheap, but great performance.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up