ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Media Center>I Need A New Keyboard
Sofa King 09:13 AM 04-11-2012
My other one is a pile of shit. I want to get a new one before Diablo 3 comes out.

Any suggestions?
[Reply]
Sofa King 07:28 AM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by drunkie:
smartass. thats something to do with his cam or the desk. the keyboard won't move on you like that unless your keyboard try has shocks or soemthing
:-)
[Reply]
Buck 01:52 PM 04-12-2012
Weird. I'm in the market for one too.
[Reply]
Sofa King 02:30 PM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by Buck:
Weird. I'm in the market for one too.
Might i suggest...

[Reply]
drunkie 02:37 PM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Might i suggest...

here is the perfect keyboard for sofa

[Reply]
FAX 06:45 PM 04-19-2019
... a little help here ...

I have a Lo_itech K800 (brand new) that I hate. In fact, the "G" key is screwed up (and I rarely use the letter "G" except during emer_encies). I need a new, _ood keyboard and I've been searching with little or no positive results. But first, please allow me to tell you a little bit about how I use my keyboard.

1. I use Avid Pro Tools (for those unfamiliar, it's a recordin_/mixin_ software). Er_o, I need the number pad section.
2. I type on ChiefsPlanet.
3. I also type other stuff (and quite a bit of it).
4. I'm lookin_ for a wireless keyboard (preferably, anyhow).
5. Price is not an obstacle.

I've been told that "mechanical" keyboards are nice. People tell me that the tactile experience is superior (I wouldn't know since I've never had one). However, I am not a "_amer" and all the mechanical ones I've seen online appear to be desi_ned for playing _ames, it appears.

Any advice would be _reatly appreciated.

FAX THE FRUSTRATED
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:53 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:

I have a Lo_itech K800 (brand new) that I hate. In fact, the "G" key is screwed up (and I rarely use the letter "G" except during emer_encies). I need a new, _ood keyboard and I've been searching with little or no positive results. But first, please allow me to tell you a little bit about how I use my keyboard.

1. I use Avid Pro Tools (for those unfamiliar, it's a recordin_/mixin_ software). Er_o, I need the number pad section.

I've been told that "mechanical" keyboards are nice. People tell me that the tactile experience is superior (I wouldn't know since I've never had one). However, I am not a "_amer" and all the mechanical ones I've seen online appear to be desi_ned for playing _ames, it appears.

FAX THE FRUSTRATED
I bought this and really like it. It does take a Bluetooth connection.

It is small and doesn’t take up a ton of space. Works well. Good feel. I run a bunch of numbers and sign off on the 10 key.

I should note I have a surface pro tablet I bought it for and the Bluetooth nukes my wifi because they both run on 2.4 GHz. Sounds like 5GHz WiFi will fix that.

EDIT forgot the link.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-EKZ...1PA4BM80CQWCX2
[Reply]
FAX 07:05 PM 04-19-2019
I don't think bluetooth will work (probably should have mentioned that), Mr. Buehler445 ... on account of the wifi issue you mention.

But I _reatly appreciate your help, man. I had no idea that findin_ a keyboard could be so damn difficult.

FAX
[Reply]
FAX 07:07 PM 04-19-2019
Is it a problem if I were to just purchase a nice _aming keyboard? I mean, are they so different that non-_amer applications wouldn't work well or somethin_?

This is very confusin_.

FAX
[Reply]
patteeu 08:02 PM 04-19-2019

FAX THE FRUSTRATED
I wholeheartedly agree with the people telling you about the superior tactile experience of mechanical keyboards. It's not just for gaming. Typing is better with mechanical. Definitely do it.

I have the precursor to this mechanical keyboard. It isn't wireless, but I like it. I have the brown key version (which is less noisy than the blue). Mine only has one backlight color (blue). I'm not sure if this one is always multicolored or if it can be color selected. The backlighting can be dimmed or turned off if you don't want it.

http://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-keybo...-keyboard.html

[Reply]
patteeu 08:06 PM 04-19-2019
Is it a problem if I were to just purchase a nice _aming keyboard? I mean, are they so different that non-_amer applications wouldn't work well or somethin_?

This is very confusin_.

FAX
No, that's not a problem.
[Reply]
srvy 09:10 PM 04-19-2019

FAX THE FRUSTRATED

Thats my KB man. Its been my KB for the last 12 to 15 years maybe. I love my KB!
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:23 PM 04-19-2019
I actually think a gaming keyboard would be more comfortable and durable
[Reply]
jd1020 01:59 AM 04-20-2019
The term "gaming" gets thrown around these days when in reality the product has nothing to do with gaming. It's simply marketing bullshit to tack on a few extra bucks.

I bought a Corsair Strafe "Gaming" Keyboard a couple years ago when it was on sale because the sale made it at least $20 cheaper than any other backlit mechanical keyboard I saw. What is "gaming" about it? Not a fucking thing. I guess if you want it came with different colored W, A, S, D keys so there you go... gaming!
[Reply]
jd1020 02:30 AM 04-20-2019
I can't vouch for this product but it has solid reviews and for $45 you get mechanical brown switches (but from what I read these switches compare more closely to a Cherry MX Red switch which have no tactile feedback), backlighting, and its wireless.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L9VX34H...ing=UTF8&psc=1
[Reply]
patteeu 05:27 AM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I can't vouch for this product but it has solid reviews and for $45 you get mechanical brown switches (but from what I read these switches compare more closely to a Cherry MX Red switch which have no tactile feedback), backlighting, and its wireless.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L9VX34H...ing=UTF8&psc=1
He needs a number pad. Otherwise, it looks like a pretty good deal.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up