ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about ways to get this team back on the Super Bowl track tonight
pugsnotdrugs19 08:46 AM 04-26-2019
First off, I’m operating under the assumption that we’ve seen Tyreek Hill play his final snap in KC as of right now. And barring unforeseen news to come, that is how it needs to be. If you choose to believe otherwise, that’s your call. But for the sake of being realistic, Hill is a goner.

I won’t understate that blow. He’s been the most explosive playmaker in the NFL for 2-3 years now. He changes the game unlike anyone else. He will not be replaced.

But that doesn’t mean that this team can’t find other ways to get back on track. So here is what I am looking at heading into Friday night:

1. Mahomes means we’re still in a good spot

Let us not forget that Patrick looked ****ing awesome in his first start in Denver with nothing but backups around him. He basically got Albert Wilson a 50% raise that day, I would say. Things will get tougher for him and the offense now, but he can still carry us to being a top 10 offense at minimum. We still have some star playmakers on the roster and an above average offensive line. Now onto the draft....

2. Lots of good, athletic receivers left

Here is a list of some of the best WR prospects remaining along with their 40-yard dash times to the right. I think Andy will want to add a field stretching WR to this roster in order to best match up with Mahomes, so speed is very important:

- Parris Campbell (4.31)
- Andy Isabella (4.31)
- Mecole Hardman (4.33)
- D.K. Metcalf (4.33)
- Terry McClaurin (4.35)
- Emmanuel Hall (4.39)
- Darius Slayton (4.39)
- Myles Boykin (4.42 and some FREAKY agility times as well)
- Hakeem Butler (4.48)
- Deebo Samuel (4.48 and just a stud in general)
- A.J. Brown (4.49, stud player like Samuel)

Point being, there are some really athletic players left at WR who, while not close to Hill, could still come in day one and present a vertical threat for Mahomes and Andy to work with.

3. Lots of good corners and safeties remain as well

Another huge need that has some depth here on day two... here are some solid players available:

- Byron Murphy
- Greedy Williams
- Amani Oruwariye
- Rock Ya-Sin
- Joejuan Williams
- Sean Bunting
- Justin Layne
- Julian Love
- Trayvon Mullen
- Lonnie Johnson Jr.
- Nasir Adderley
- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
- Taylor Rapp
- Juan Thornhill

And even a few more who could make an impact potentially from day one. If the Chiefs want to build up the defense even more to take pressure off of the offense this year, options remain...

4. Possible established trade targets?

I doubt it happens but we’ve still got possible veteran fixes out there such as Patrick Peterson or A.J. Green... not sure if their teams would trade them right now, but its possible... and even if not, they may do so during the summer.

So tonight, the Chiefs should have a great chance to stock up on talent that can help immediately in 2019. They could go WR/CB/TE straight up, they could take two WRs even to hedge their bets there with a DB or TE later, or they could use picks to go get an established veteran today... who really knows.

This team isn’t dead yet, though. Let’s see where things are later. Even with Hill on his way out, Kansas City can reset and contend with the right moves, IMO.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:04 AM 04-27-2019
I think Gresham could be ok in a pinch if he's healthy
[Reply]
Frosty 12:19 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
We should swing a deal for Kyle Rudolph
My thought too. Do whatever it takes to get back into the 4th and draft BBK and then send a later round pick from next year for Rudolph. Still a need at Corner but I think they could get through this year with the ones we have, especially with better safety play.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:23 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
My thought too. Do whatever it takes to get back into the 4th and draft BBK and then send a later round pick from next year for Rudolph. Still a need at Corner but I think they could get through this year with the ones we have, especially with better safety play.
Veach said they won’t do anything in the fourth. Did say mid fifth they may swing a deal if a third and fourth round pick on their board is there
[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up