ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official: What Are the Raiders Thinking Thread
Hoover 08:56 AM 04-25-2019
Really can't wait to watch the Raiders draft tonight. Will a full back go #4?

I hear they just want to play it safe and not swing for the fences. I hope that's not the case!
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:03 AM 04-28-2019
I'm a big fan of the draft strategy the Raiders used, it was very smart.

I'm just not at all a fan of who they actually picked. Ferrell at 4 is probably the second or third worst pick in the draft.

Josh Allen is a beast and a million times better than Ferrell even if they play different positions. I was hoping for Ferrell at 29 at one point.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:04 AM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Jag's love the faiders. Josh Allen at 7? LOL
Not a schematic fit. He is a 3-4 OLB, not a 4-3 D E. He would have struggled for us playing out of position.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:08 AM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I'm a big fan of the draft strategy the Raiders used, it was very smart.

I'm just not at all a fan of who they actually picked. Ferrell at 4 is probably the second or third worst pick in the draft.

Josh Allen is a beast and a million times better than Ferrell even if they play different positions. I was hoping for Ferrell at 29 at one point.
Agree that Allen was a better prospect. Not a million times better. Very close players overall and statistically very similar. Most of the process Ferrell was talked about as a top 5 pick and then the last month all of a sudden he dropped like a rock on pundits boards. I wouldn't put much stock into saying that last sentence given what we know was the case before all the smoke comes out.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:10 AM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Not a schematic fit. He is a 3-4 OLB, not a 4-3 D E. He would have struggled for us playing out of position.
I really don't think it mattered. Both were about the same size. Could have stuck Allen's hand in the dirt 24/7. He did it at Kentucky at times. That said, I don't see much of a difference in talent between the two. I liked Allen just a bit more athletically, that's about it.
[Reply]
raidersnumber1 11:56 AM 04-28-2019
Allen is going to be next Dion Jordan. Dude can't defend the run either. He's going to get lit up at the next level. Meanwhile Ferrell the GOAT is the complete package and a leader.
[Reply]
NWTF 04:36 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Would not be so sure of that. Raiders got alot better this offseason. I don't know that they pass LA but I think they pass DEN.

The offensive additions alone are huge.

Trent Brown at LT
Antonio Brown and Tyrell Williams at WR
Josh Jacobs at RB

That's a huge influx of talent there for them with every single one being far better than what they had last season. That's not even counting that they added Hunter Renfrow as a slot receiver and Foster Moreau at TE in the draft, which were good picks and values and could contribute out the gate.

Defensively you have

Clelin Ferrell and Maxx Crosby at DE
Brandon Marshall at ILB
Lamarcus Joyner as probably their Slot
Johnathan Abram at FS
Trayvon Mullen at CB#2

Their back end got way better IMO. Now you have support outside of Gareon Conley and Karl Joseph. Joyner can play FS and SCB so he's gonna be a big addition. Abram was one of the top few safeties in this draft and a steal at 40. Mullen is a good cover corner and should easily take that #2 spot. Not to mention they added Isaiah Johnson who is a guy that if he continues his trend he'll be a premier #1 in this league.
Marshall is a huge get at ILB and really improves them there should he stay healthy. He can lead that defense. They already had a good interior defensive line that's just gonna be better this year after a year in the weight room for those rookies.
Who knows how it will come together for them, but you cant say they did bad this offseason. They added talent across the board. Gruden kind of sacrificed last season by trading Mack/Cooper, releasing other holdovers for the future. They will pass Denver for 3rd place in the division, but arent close to challenging for the division.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:52 PM 04-28-2019
Ultimately, they are the Faid. Yeah, that's pretty much all I have to say.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:55 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by raidersnumber1:
Allen is going to be next Dion Jordan. Dude can't defend the run either. He's going to get lit up at the next level. Meanwhile Ferrell the GOAT is the complete package and a leader.
Ferrell was projected to go mid-to-late first with all of that talent around him at Clemson.

He doesn't have any talent around him at Oakland.

Bust incoming.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:25 PM 04-28-2019
Very satisfied with the draft.

Can't wait to start the season.
[Reply]
raidersnumber1 05:41 PM 04-28-2019
Big Cock Mayock is a boss. End of story.

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:44 PM 04-28-2019
I am SO gonna' laugh when that guys picks bomb out of the league. :-)
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 06:07 PM 04-28-2019
He statistically had his best season last year with a terrible receiver group.
Also spent nearly half of his season playing against prevent defenses. Let’s hope that continues so it gives you all false hope like this to keep him around for a long time
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up