ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who falls?
Clelin Ferrell 4 25.00%
Byron Murphy 2 12.50%
Greedy Williams 10 62.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Ferrell, Murphy, Greedy
staylor26 09:48 AM 04-20-2019
The closer the draft gets, the better I feel about one of these guys falling to 29 or at least into a range where we could trade up without giving up too much.

Who falls (or has the best chance to)?
[Reply]
In58men 10:08 AM 04-20-2019
I’d go Greedy
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:16 AM 04-20-2019
I think Murphy is the first corner off the board because he has the highest floor. He is a technically sound player, and even though he did not test well in terms of measurable, his experience and game tape will trump everything else. Because of the demand for Edge rushers, I think Ferrell will be a late teen pick or at worst be chosen by the early 20s.
I think Williams is the guy to fall because of the tackling questions and some immaturity.

There is an interesting article on AP about Gil Brandt’s draft boards and how consistent they have been in him being able to call 80% of the first round rather accurately.

Two names he has in “no man’s land” this year as potential 1st round droppers are Montez Sweat (medical) and Rashan Gary (scheme fit/production questions).

If either of these two get near #29, Veach best be willing to jump at that opportunity.
I’ll admit I had not paid much attention to Gary this off-season, thinking he’d be untouchable - but holy hell if he slides somewhat.....
His pursuit is amazing, and his gap discipline is impressive. He’d be one hell of a chess piece for Daly’s rotation with his versatility.
[Reply]
Chargem 10:24 AM 04-20-2019
Think it has to be Ferrell of those 3, as he's the 5th or 6th edge guy where as Greedy is at worst the 2nd best CB.
[Reply]
Iconic 10:43 AM 04-20-2019
Greedy is one of those guys that three years from now teams that passed him up will be regretting it terribly. 6 ft 2, ran a 4.37, shut down some of the best WR's all year in the SEC, teams are really over analyzing this shit.

Sometimes a spade is just a spade.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:44 AM 04-20-2019
Way too many teams need edge rushers this year for Ferrell to slide through to 29.

I don't think Greedy is there either but he may be the best bet because of his play style, attitude, and teams being scared of that slender frame.

Murphy is a more complete CB than Greedy but I don't think he's there either.

When you look at a normal of 5-6 DBs coming off the board in round 1, and this class really only having a few that are 1st round considerations, teams are going to jump on those guys.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:43 AM 04-20-2019
I think Murphy and Ferrell won’t make it to 20
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:29 PM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I think Murphy is the first corner off the board because he has the highest floor. He is a technically sound player, and even though he did not test well in terms of measurable, his experience and game tape will trump everything else. Because of the demand for Edge rushers, I think Ferrell will be a late teen pick or at worst be chosen by the early 20s.
I think Williams is the guy to fall because of the tackling questions and some immaturity.

There is an interesting article on AP about Gil Brandt’s draft boards and how consistent they have been in him being able to call 80% of the first round rather accurately.

Two names he has in “no man’s land” this year as potential 1st round droppers are Montez Sweat (medical) and Rashan Gary (scheme fit/production questions).

If either of these two get near #29, Veach best be willing to jump at that opportunity.
I’ll admit I had not paid much attention to Gary this off-season, thinking he’d be untouchable - but holy hell if he slides somewhat.....
His pursuit is amazing, and his gap discipline is impressive. He’d be one hell of a chess piece for Daly’s rotation with his versatility.
I don't think I'd take Gary at 29
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:40 PM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't think I'd take Gary at 29
You're nuts. He's perfect for this scheme. He's prototype. I'd run up to the podium giggling with his name on the card.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:58 PM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You're nuts. He's perfect for this scheme. He's prototype. I'd run up to the podium giggling with his name on the card.
He's an underwear champion. That doesn't make him a prototype.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 02:51 PM 04-20-2019
He’s eerily similar to Chris Jones in that the pre-draft knocks against him were questionable effort/hustle on some plays and a want of more production given his athletic attributes.

But Gary is also similar to Jones in that he has a good number of plays where he just kicks ass and makes an impact. He flashes some of the best stack and shed and backfield pursuit I’ve seen in this class. He has smooth bend for such a big man and his versatility has to have teams salivating at how he can be deployed.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:07 PM 04-20-2019
If you don't get help at Charter, please get help somewhere.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:17 PM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
He’s eerily similar to Chris Jones in that the pre-draft knocks against him were questionable effort/hustle on some plays and a want of more production given his athletic attributes.

But Gary is also similar to Jones in that he has a good number of plays where he just kicks ass and makes an impact. He flashes some of the best stack and shed and backfield pursuit I’ve seen in this class. He has smooth bend for such a big man and his versatility has to have teams salivating at how he can be deployed.
I disagree, Chris Jones was very productive despite taking plays off, Gary just wasn't that productive despite being a workout warrior.

That being said, I'd be okay with Gary at 29. I think he's overhyped as a top 10 guy, but I think end of first start of the second is about what he should be.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:23 PM 04-20-2019
Not a huge fan of Gary by any means, but at 29?

Sign me up. Won’t happen though.
[Reply]
Up