ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Where are the impact players in this draft?
Couch-Potato 04:20 PM 03-27-2019
Have to admit that I'm not studying the draft this year the way I have in the past so take the following opinion with a grain of salt, but my overall sense is that there aren't many stand out impact guys in this class. So far only Bosa seems to jump off the page with praise from pundits, no QB seems to be a sure thing, and there are no skill players lighting up the board.

Who am I overlooking? Who are the elite players in the 2019 draft?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:04 AM 03-29-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
My opinion is this is the highly touted list:
EDGE: Bosa, Ferrell, Gary, Sweat, Allen, Burns
DT: Williams, Oliver, Wilkins, Simmons, Lawrence
LB: White, Bush
TE: Hockenson
OT: Dillard, Williams, Taylor
RB: Jacobs
QB: Haskins, Murray
CB: Williams

After that, it gets to be quite the cluster**** but there's alot of good talent.
Will any of these guys still be available at 29?
[Reply]
kccrow 06:53 PM 03-29-2019
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Will any of these guys still be available at 29?
Maybe Simmons, depending on how teams view his situation off the field and injury-wise. Other than that, I find it doubtful.
[Reply]
Chargem 06:20 AM 03-30-2019
My opinion is this is the highly touted list:
EDGE: Bosa, Ferrell, Gary, Sweat, Allen, Burns
DT: Williams, Oliver, Wilkins, Simmons, Lawrence
LB: White, Bush
TE: Hockenson
OT: Dillard, Williams, Taylor
RB: Jacobs
QB: Haskins, Murray
CB: Williams

After that, it gets to be quite the clusterfuck but there's alot of good talent.
Really interesting list. Has 21 names on it, but only 1 DB. historically, maybe 5 DBs have gone in the first round? Plus I think maybe 3 QBs go total in the first round and surely some interior offensive line guys and receivers go even if they aren't "impact" players someone is going to draft on need, I could easily see a world where 2 of the above list fall to 29.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:36 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Really interesting list. Has 21 names on it, but only 1 DB. historically, maybe 5 DBs have gone in the first round? Plus I think maybe 3 QBs go total in the first round and surely some interior offensive line guys and receivers go even if they aren't "impact" players someone is going to draft on need, I could easily see a world where 2 of the above list fall to 29.
Yeah its nothing of a list in terms of what I feel are first round players. Just merely a list of guys I seem to hear the most about, that get the most mention. That'd be close to my list but I'd definitely add some names to it. Thornhill, Abram, Murphy, Baker are the other DBs I'd definitely add to that list as far as guys I think go 1. I'd add Daniel Jones and Drew Lock to the list of QBs. I think the rest is mostly OL: Bradbury, Ford, Risner, Little are probably the guys. I think both Jenkins and McCoy at Center also have as good of a chance as Bradbury, just depends on what teams like. I thought Cajuste would sneak up there but that quad injury and surgery probably has him going the opposite direction. I think you throw a couple receivers on that list too. DK Metcalf, KNeal Harry, A.J. Brown, and Parris Campbell are the guys I see as the best bets. Noah Fant at TE wouldn't surprise me. That puts you out at about 36-38 guys for round 1. I don't know if there's much else to push that list. Edit: Maybe Jerry Tillery could be added, but otherwise I think that caps it out.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:45 PM 03-30-2019
I'll update my spreadsheet to include the 2018 draft and post the averages for you by round. I think I posted it last year prior to the draft. Gimme a bit here.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 07:49 PM 03-30-2019
Yeah its nothing of a list in terms of what I feel are first round players. Just merely a list of guys I seem to hear the most about, that get the most mention. That'd be close to my list but I'd definitely add some names to it. Thornhill, Abram, Murphy, Baker are the other DBs I'd definitely add to that list as far as guys I think go 1. I'd add Daniel Jones and Drew Lock to the list of QBs. I think the rest is mostly OL: Bradbury, Ford, Risner, Little are probably the guys. I think both Jenkins and McCoy at Center also have as good of a chance as Bradbury, just depends on what teams like. I thought Cajuste would sneak up there but that quad injury and surgery probably has him going the opposite direction. I think you throw a couple receivers on that list too. DK Metcalf, KNeal Harry, A.J. Brown, and Parris Campbell are the guys I see as the best bets. Noah Fant at TE wouldn't surprise me. That puts you out at about 36-38 guys for round 1. I don't know if there's much else to push that list. Edit: Maybe Jerry Tillery could be added, but otherwise I think that caps it out.
N'Keal Harry is the only wr that looks like a potential pro bowler to me

The rest of the class has some tools to work with, but in my unqualified opinion, looks fairly ordinary...

(Just my 2 cents, regarding recievers my track record is suspect, I LOVED DeMarcus Robinson, and he's been OK, but not what I envisioned)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up