ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patricia out in Detroit
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 01:47 PM 11-28-2020

The Detroit Lions announced today that Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia have been relieved of their duties. pic.twitter.com/Tz5Rc7y53Y

— Detroit Lions (@Lions) November 28, 2020

[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:37 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Detroit needs to reboot their entire franchise, starting with trading Matthew Stafford and any other player of value this offseason.

Unfortunately for them, they've won 4 games so they're out of the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes, but they'll have plenty of draft picks in 2021 should they purge the roster and start over.

They should also dump their absolutely ridiculously ugly uniforms and start fresh. Blue & Silver aren't exactly intimidating, nor do they represent a "Lion" in any way.

Without massive changes, the Lions will just continue to be the Lions.
Maybe I'm reading to much into it, but I always figured it was a mashup of Ford/Chevy blue and Detroit steel.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:40 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by oldman:
They have only 5 double digit win seasons since 1961.
That is absolutely astounding, wow

So bad its hardly believable
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:43 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Detroit needs to reboot their entire franchise, starting with trading Matthew Stafford and any other player of value this offseason.

Unfortunately for them, they've won 4 games so they're out of the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes, but they'll have plenty of draft picks in 2021 should they purge the roster and start over.

They should also dump their absolutely ridiculously ugly uniforms and start fresh. Blue & Silver aren't exactly intimidating, nor do they represent a "Lion" in any way.

Without massive changes, the Lions will just continue to be the Lions.
I like their uniforms, especially the old school ones. But if I was changing them, I wonder if you could make the helmets brownish gold and put a faux lion mane on them. I could go for that.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 02:44 PM 11-28-2020
patricia just looks like a fat slob
[Reply]
Bwana 03:09 PM 11-28-2020
The Lions should just petition to join the CFL and be done with it.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:10 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by mkp785:
I wonder if this is where EB ends up of he doesn't want to deal with the Jets. Good enough of a qb to win with so he can keep or even trade Stafford for a nice return and build from there...
I would think and I would hope that EB is happy where he's at unless an opportunity with a team with good ownership is available. The Lions or the Jets don't fit that category. I'm sure Andy has put that in his ear that you can't be successful without the ownership.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 03:16 PM 11-28-2020
Time for more bailing wire and duct tape
[Reply]
Spott 03:20 PM 11-28-2020
The good news is that he can get the hell out of Detroit.
[Reply]
kcclone 03:27 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
At what point do owners get held accountable? Nothing will change in Detroit until you have owners who give at least a single shit. The Fords and Daniel Snyder are perfect proof that incompetence doesn't matter as long as you have money and you can get away with absolutely everything. How can you not feel awful for these fans? I mean, we've had problems with our GMs in the past, imagine if we had that same issue with an owner who cant get fired.

Shitty ownership is good for us
[Reply]
MahiMike 03:27 PM 11-28-2020
About damn time. Now blow the whole thing up and trade Stafford.
[Reply]
MahiMike 03:28 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I would think and I would hope that EB is happy where he's at unless an opportunity with a team with good ownership is available. The Lions or the Jets don't fit that category. I'm sure Andy has put that in his ear that you can't be successful without the ownership.
EB would be perfect there. They need another minority hire.
[Reply]
Hydrae 03:30 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by oldman:
You make a good point. They have only 5 double digit win seasons since 1961. We flew banners on a 2-14 season.
That seems almost impossible. Averaging a double digit win season once every 12 years? Reid has more such seasons as a Chiefs head coach already.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:33 PM 11-28-2020
So many true statements in this thread

The Patriot way sucks without BB and TB
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:33 PM 11-28-2020
Patriot Way garbage
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:38 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
That seems almost impossible. Averaging a double digit win season once every 12 years? Reid has more such seasons as a Chiefs head coach already.
Reid has 14 double-digit win seasons, excluding this season, which he'll obviously make.

Never underestimate the value of Andy Reid and his coaching chops. We are incredibly lucky that Clark Hunt knew Andy's value and went after him as quickly and aggressively as he did.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up