ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>COVID: NFL closing all team facilities on Monday and Tuesday
cdcox 01:38 PM 11-28-2020
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...holiday-guests
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:52 PM 11-28-2020
Santa Clara Co, California not allowing contact sports for next three weeks.

Yahoo Sports
Santa Clara County, home of 49ers and Stanford, bans all contact sports for 3 weeks due to COVID-19
Nick Bromberg
Nick Bromberg
Sat, November 28, 2020, 3:40 PM CSTˇ2 min read
Where are the San Francisco 49ers and the Stanford Cardinal going to play their home football games over the next few weeks?

California’s Santa Clara County announced stringent new social distancing measures to help curb the spread of COVID-19 on Saturday. Those new measures include a three-week ban on contact sports in the county. The county said that ban applies to all professional, collegiate and youth sports teams.

The 49ers, Stanford and San Jose State play their home games in Santa Clara County. COVID-19 cases are spiking across the state of California and the county said the order was made as available hospital capacity continued to dwindle.

“All recreational activities that involve physical contact or close proximity to persons outside one’s household, including all contact sports, will be temporarily prohibited,” the order says under the “Professional, collegiate and youth sports” header. “People can continue to engage in outdoor athletics and recreation where social distancing can be maintained at all times.”

SANTA CLARA, CALIFORNIA - OCTOBER 04: A general view of the Philadelphia Eagles playing against the San Francisco 49ers at Levi's Stadium on October 04, 2020 in Santa Clara, California. (Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
The 49ers have not had fans in attendance at home games in 2020. (Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
49ers are home next two weeks
The 49ers have home games scheduled for Dec. 7 (Buffalo) and Dec. 13 (Washington), while Stanford has a home game set for Dec. 12 (Oregon State) and San Jose State has home games on tap for Dec. 5 (Hawaii) and Dec. 12 (Nevada).

The 49ers said in a statement Saturday afternoon that they were aware of the county order.

The 49ers play at the Los Angeles Rams on Sunday while Stanford beat Cal on Friday. San Jose State’s game at Boise State was canceled earlier Saturday because of COVID-19 cases at Boise.

The county said it had been in touch with the teams set to be affected by the rules. The rules would also apply to sports like basketball and others where players are in a confined space with each other.

Story continues
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:49 PM 11-28-2020
At this point the season should be halted until we get a handle on the situation
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 11:26 PM 11-28-2020
The NFL might do well to pause the season Wednesday until they get this under control.
Hell if I know what that looks like and how it will happen though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:46 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
At this point the season should be halted until we get a handle on the situation
No.

Moving games around isn't ideal but so far, they've handled it just fine.

There's no reason to overreact.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:53 AM 11-29-2020
The NFL would be best served to give a one week notice that the playoffs start next weekend. Top 8 teams per conference. No bye. Let’s wrap it up.
[Reply]
Sannyasi 01:02 AM 11-29-2020
1. Shut the season down now and go into a playoff bubble.

2. Delay everything for 2-3 weeks if you think you can get enough vaccines for the entire league.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:18 AM 11-29-2020
:-)
[Reply]
JakeF 01:30 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur:
The NFL might do well to pause the season Wednesday until they get this under control.
Hell if I know what that looks like and how it will happen though.
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
What makes anyone think that pausing or halting will help the situation?

The players are in a far more controlled and monitored situation while the season is going. The league provides the constant testing and monitoring of people around them to keep them safe. They won't have any of that on their own.

I doubt the players are going to go home and quarantine themselves. The old timers might but most of the rest won't. If they catch it they won't even know until the symptoms without league testing.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:34 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Sannyasi:
1. Shut the season down now and go into a playoff bubble.

2. Delay everything for 2-3 weeks if you think you can get enough vaccines for the entire league.
I think the NFLPA has already said that they won't agree to a bubble setup.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:48 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
What makes anyone think that pausing or halting will help the situation?

The players are in a far more controlled and monitored situation while the season is going. The league provides the constant testing and monitoring of people around them to keep them safe. They won't have any of that on their own.

I doubt the players are going to go home and quarantine themselves? The old timers might but most of the rest aren't. If they catch it they won't even know until the symptoms without league testing.
Exactly.

There's only two options - continue with what they are doing or just cancel the season.

The latter isn't even an option. They need to ride it out.
[Reply]
FAX 04:12 AM 11-29-2020
To date ...

How many NFL players have died from COVID?

How many have been hospitalized?

How many forced into ICU?

FAX THE INQUISITIVE
[Reply]
Sannyasi 05:59 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
I think the NFLPA has already said that they won't agree to a bubble setup.
I believe that was for the regular season, but a postseason bubble hadn't been ruled out. Could be wrong though.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 06:05 AM 11-29-2020

As COVID-19 cases rise in the league and around the country, NFL officials are actively discussing creating “local bubbles” for the playoffs using team hotels. That and all other COVID developments in my story with @TomPelissero: https://t.co/qHULV6vRa6

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) November 29, 2020

[Reply]
seamonster 07:34 AM 11-29-2020
The league should be working overtime to install humidifiers and hepa filters if they want the "cases" to go down. If the team facilities have poor air circulation they're not holding back some air borne pathogen. And the mask bullshit has got to stop. It's a useless scapegoat unless everybody in the facility wears an N96 mask.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 08:42 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Most people are perfectly fine. Is what it is.
I'm not taking a shot at you because I know a lot of folks feel the same way but we need to have more empathy for the common man. Many families have people with conditions that are fearing for their lives right now.

Reality only sets in when it affects you. Mothers against drunk drivers because their son/daughter got killed by one. Wearing pink for Cancer awareness because you lost a mother to breast cancer. People act when it affects them personally and thats common nature but we as a country need to STOP thinking about just ourselves for once.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up