ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 25
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>First woman to play in a power 5 college football game today
Deberg_1990 09:22 AM 11-28-2020
Awesome! I will watch!

Historic moment for college football 👏

Vanderbilt is turning to women's soccer player Sarah Fuller to be its place-kicker on Saturday.

She will become the first woman to participate in a Power 5 football game. (via @VandyFootball) pic.twitter.com/kIeMh4uRjZ

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) November 27, 2020

[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:49 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Not based on what we saw today. What a shit show.

One of two things happened. She was either told to kick the ball in the manner she did, which reflects horribly on the coach, or she simply botched it, which reflects horribly on her. If it was on the coach, then he should be called out for it - he was so terrified of putting her in a position to fail that he made her look like shit in her first opportunity to play. Talk about the height of patronization. Of course, if she just choked under pressure, then maybe she's just not up to the job.

In any event, the outcome was terrible. One play, one horrible kick, and after that, the booth morons did nothing but gush over her like she hit a 70 yard gamewinner against Alabama.
LaBron James told them what to say.
[Reply]
EPodolak 03:52 PM 11-28-2020
Looked like it was an intentional squib, for whatever reason. No tee even.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:54 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Not based on what we saw today. What a shit show.

One of two things happened. She was either told to kick the ball in the manner she did, which reflects horribly on the coach, or she simply botched it, which reflects horribly on her. If it was on the coach, then he should be called out for it - he was so terrified of putting her in a position to fail that he made her look like shit in her first opportunity to play. Talk about the height of patronization. Of course, if she just choked under pressure, then maybe she's just not up to the job.

In any event, the outcome was terrible. One play, one horrible kick, and after that, the booth morons did nothing but gush over her like she hit a 70 yard gamewinner against Alabama.
Look at her mechanics on that kick; it was a pooch/squib kick all the way. If she botched it, her leg still would've ended up high around her upper chest/shoulder height; instead, she kicks that ball with her instep, as if she was passing a soccer ball to someone 20 yards away.

She played goalie for a top-5 college women's soccer team so we know she has a good leg.

The coaches decided for whatever reason to have her kick that pooch kick.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:58 PM 11-28-2020
Maybe Colin Kaepernick can play again?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:59 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Look at her mechanics on that kick; it was a pooch/squib kick all the way. If she botched it, her leg still would've ended up high around her upper chest/shoulder height; instead, she kicks that ball with her instep, as if she was passing a soccer ball to someone 20 yards away.

She played goalie for a top-5 college women's soccer team so we know she has a good leg.

Suuuure :-)
[Reply]
loochy 04:02 PM 11-28-2020

misogynist coaches just want to make the woman look bad
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:04 PM 11-28-2020
Shes hawt

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCbpkd8D...d=v31auiy7ezcb
[Reply]
loochy 04:08 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Shes hawt

a roll in the sack with her wouldn't be too bad
[Reply]
Bowser 04:10 PM 11-28-2020
Still better than Lin Elliott
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:10 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
misogynist coaches just want to make the woman look bad
Maybe, but I doubt it.

What I do know is soccer. I played from the time I was 4, to my second year in college. And from HS to college I started for one of the better HS teams in the state and then a top-25 college, so I know something about how to kick a ball, and what it looks like.

You can't drive a ball either up in the air or down the field kicking it with your instep, and there's no way anyone, man or woman, would accidentally kick a ball with their instep if they wanted to drive the ball downfield. Not at her level.

How you kick a ball is based on where and how you want to shape the kick, and it's instinctual by the time your a senior in HS, so she kicked it with her instep on purpose.

Since I couldn't watch the game I have no idea why they asked her to kick it that way, but I do know that she kicked it that way because they told her to, period.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:11 PM 11-28-2020

I seriously doubt anyone is dumb enough to think it WASN'T a placement/pooch kick. I mean, it was obvious from the get-go. Her approach and strike were perfect for placement. I know average Chief Fan probably doesn't understand/watch soccer, but that's literally what soccer players do (including/especially goalies).
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:12 PM 11-28-2020
A lot of these NFL kickers until recently were kind of on the small side. College more so.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:14 PM 11-28-2020
Shes hawt

Not bad, but not worthy of harvesting her eggs.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:14 PM 11-28-2020
Shes hawt

Looks like shes got some serious thunder thighs too.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 04:17 PM 11-28-2020
She kicked the ball like a goalie on a goal kick because that’s all she knows. They didn’t allow her to try a field goal because she would have failed miserably. This was nothing but a publicity stunt. I couldn’t care less, but she wasn’t given this chance based on her merit.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 25
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up