ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 25
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>First woman to play in a power 5 college football game today
Deberg_1990 09:22 AM 11-28-2020
Awesome! I will watch!

Historic moment for college football 👏

Vanderbilt is turning to women's soccer player Sarah Fuller to be its place-kicker on Saturday.

She will become the first woman to participate in a Power 5 football game. (via @VandyFootball) pic.twitter.com/kIeMh4uRjZ

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) November 27, 2020

[Reply]
loochy 08:23 PM 11-28-2020
One time I watched a 4 year old play soccer so I know everything about football place kicking now.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 09:14 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Well as I said, I didn't see the game, just the clip.

But I do know soccer players. And you can't play for a D-I school mens or women's team as a goalie and not know how to kick a ball.

In fact, goalies are just about the most versatile and athletic players on a soccer pitch.

They have to be able to punt directionally, drop kick directionally, goal kick, and pass equally well, or you can't play goalie at that level, period. So the idea that she doesn't know how to kick a ball with the top of her foot like a standard kick-off is hilariously pathetic.

And we can see quite clearly that she kick that ball with her instep, so it was not a botched kick. There's absolutely no possibility of that, period. She kicked that as a pooch kick on purpose. Anyone that's played soccer at least at the HS level for a competitive team can watch that clip and know instantly what she was trying to do. Which wasn't 'drive the ball downfield,' ever.

And btw, just fyi, kicking a soccer ball deep and kicking a football towards the EZ are pretty much the same thing, mechanically. Maybe that's why all NFL kickers these days were soccer players before they became NFL place kickers?

Maybe you should stick to talking about shit you actually know something about.
You’re right, I don’t care to know anything about soccer because it’s a sport I despise. What I do know is football and she isn’t a viable kicker end of discussion. It was a ploy and that’s fine but if she had any ability they would’ve had her kick it deep and didn’t. I’m sure there are similarities in kicking both I’m not disagreeing, I’ve seen many men’s soccer players switch over, but they could’ve pulled any man off the street to fill the role better than she did because they could at least tackle. It’s a coach who’s going to get fired trying to do something to get him noticed for his next gig.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:23 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Shes hawt

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCbpkd8D...d=v31auiy7ezcb
I’d throw one in her.

Originally Posted by Bowser:
Still better than Lin Elliott
Goddamn it.

*checks math....carry the 6...*

By God you’re right.

Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’ll never understand why blatant pandering isn’t considered insulting...
Because then we couldn’t virtue signal like fucking assholes.

Originally Posted by notorious:
Watching the first woman to choose a place to eat will be far more impressive.
Much truth.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:25 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Boxer_Chief:
You’re right, I don’t care to know anything about soccer because it’s a sport I despise. What I do know is football and she isn’t a viable kicker end of discussion. It was a ploy and that’s fine but if she had any ability they would’ve had her kick it deep and didn’t. I’m sure there are similarities in kicking both I’m not disagreeing, I’ve seen many men’s soccer players switch over, but they could’ve pulled any man off the street to fill the role better than she did because they could at least tackle. It’s a coach who’s going to get fired trying to do something to get him noticed for his next gig.
She was ordered to pooch kick it because they didn’t want to risk her trying to make a tackle or getting hurt. She did what she was asked and did it well.

Anyways, Vandy has nothing to lose (0-8)and everything to gain (Positive publicity)

I doubt this ever happens at an Alabama or Notre Dame
[Reply]
vailpass 09:30 PM 11-28-2020
Did she kick some left-over turkey between two slices of bread?
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:35 PM 11-28-2020
:-)
Apparently you know nothing about kicking a ball, whether it's a soccer ball or a football, which is where the discussion should've come to a halt.
[Reply]
srvy 09:48 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
She was ordered to pooch kick it because they didn’t want to risk her trying to make a tackle or getting hurt. She did what she was asked and did it well.

Anyways, Vandy has nothing to lose (0-8)and everything to gain (Positive publicity)

I doubt this ever happens at an Alabama or Notre Dame
I am sure it will help with recruiting future lady kickers.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:17 PM 11-28-2020
And I just watched the ESPN replay of her kick, and right afterwards as she runs back to the sideline, every one gives her a high five, including one of the coaches, and no one is looking at her like "what was that?" So I think we can put the dumb idea that she botched the kick to bed now.
Doesn't matter. It was still a pathetic publicity stunt
[Reply]
vailpass 10:39 PM 11-28-2020
“Sarah Fuller’s Historic Kickoff Was CFB Season Highlight”

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...odd-cfb-season
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:50 PM 11-28-2020
What I really want to see is 11 women lining up on offense or defense. Give me one play on each side of the ball just to see what happens.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 10:56 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
What I really want to see is 11 women lining up on offense or defense. Give me one play on each side of the ball just to see what happens.
Of course in lingerie. That would be really great.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:12 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
“Sarah Fuller’s Historic Kickoff Was CFB Season Highlight”

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...odd-cfb-season
The same "sportswriters" who wanted to cancel the season so bad are lapping this up.
[Reply]
alanm 11:21 PM 11-28-2020
Watching and playing are vastly different things.

And I have no idea how she got on the team, and i wasn't speaking to that at all. What I've been trying to tell you is that she couldn't have played goalie for a top 5 D-I women's soccer team and know only one way to kick a ball. That's simply not a thing at that level. She would've had to have better-than-average ability to punt, drop-kick, pass, and drive the ball downfield, or she never would've been given the position of goalie at that level.

So if she kicked it with her instep, it's because she was told to kick it that way, period, end of story. There's simply no scenario where a goalie at her level would only know one way to kick a ball. And there's no way she kicked it that way by accident, either.
Apparently their kicker was out this week. Oh.. It was the covid. What gets me is why they couldn't rustle up another guy off the team to do the chores. So I'm guessing it was pure publicity. Which is fine for a winless team.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:55 PM 11-28-2020
You can keep with this whole soccer angle but you should just stop. They showed her in pregame and her range was 20 yards and barely putting it over. It looked awful. It was worse than most all high school football games. There had to be multiple better options out there. She’s a good soccer player, awesome, but to act like since she can kick a soccer ball it will translate is sorely mistaken.

They showed her practice kicking from the 2 yard line. A kick that isn’t even possible in a real game.
[Reply]
Passepartout 11:56 PM 11-28-2020
As a woman myself, really glad she broke the barrier there. Good for her!
[Reply]
Page 11 of 25
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up