ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 15
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>"George Kittle is the best TE in the NFL"
CupidStunt 06:02 PM 01-12-2020

[Reply]
notorious 07:01 PM 11-14-2020
Kelce is playing during the golden age of Chiefs history.

Gonzalez played during an era I am happy to forget.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:05 PM 11-14-2020
The only one that matters to me is the one wearing a KC SB ring.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:13 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by MeaTy The Pimp:
I never said that he was the best, I was simply pointing out that in my opinion it makes more sense to compare them more on a like nmumber of games played as Gonzo played for more than twice as long as Kelce has been in the league.

I love them both, hell, my first Chiefs jersey was a Gonzalez jersey. I still think that Kelce will end up being statistically better when all is said an done. Yes, that is speculation.
I want Kelce to end his career as a member of the Kansas City Chiefs, and I hope we can call him the best ever when he retires.

Pioli and Haley were egomaniacs who attacked Tony Gonzalez and Brian Waters, two All-Pro players, when they requested to meet with the new GM and Head Coach.

I believe that's where the infamous insult, or boast, came from when those pieces of said that they could win 2 games with 22 players off the streets.

Tony should have played his entire career in KC. I am hoping that Veach and Reid can keep Kelce here until he retires.

As far as comparing stats between the two after X amount of games, Kelce should be ahead of Tony's pace. Kelce has played his entire career with a Hall of Fame head coach who really doesn't like to run the ball. And he is in his 3rd season with Mahomes as his starting QB.

As a Chief, Gonzalez caught passes from Elvis Grbac, Rich Gannon, and Todd Collins, in an offensive system that was based on the running game.

Then he spent a few years with Trent Green, before catching passes from Damon Huard, Brodie Croyle, and finally Tyler FN Thigpen. L

Kelce played with Alex Smith, who uses tight ends as emotional support receivers, in an Andy Reid offensive system that gave Smith an excuse to make Kelce his first read on every pass play.

And now Kelce is playing with the best QB certainly in Chiefs history, and possibly in NFL history.

So, comparing stats through the same amount of games should favor Kelce. Tony Gonzalez was on with Cowherd, and said he believes that if he had played under Andy Reid and with Patrick Mahomes, he would have set records that would probably never be broken.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MeaTy The Pimp 07:48 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

Tony Gonzalez was on with Cowherd, and said he believes that if he had played under Andy Reid and with Patrick Mahomes, he would have set records that would probably never be broken.

I can agree with that. I have no doubts that if Gonzo had Mahomes as his QB, his numbers would be obscene, and he would probably hold some unbreakable records.

They are both awesome TEs though. The Chiefs have been lucky to have had both.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 08:03 PM 11-14-2020
No sweat Travis. Kittle sweats like a whore. A good whore, but a whore just the same
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:07 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by MeaTy The Pimp:
I can agree with that. I have no doubts that if Gonzo had Mahomes as his QB, his numbers would be obscene, and he would probably hold some unbreakable records.

They are both awesome TEs though. The Chiefs have been lucky to have had both.
Another tight end from the past I would love to have on our team right now is Jason Dunn. He was 6' 7" and had to be close to 280, had a very long wingspan, and he was like having another offensive lineman out there, plus he could catch the ball when needed.

He is the best blocking TE I have ever seen.

[Reply]
srvy 08:43 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
The only one that matters to me is the one wearing a KC SB ring.
Same here. Tony was great maybe the greatest ever but it's debatable. To me and I could be totally off but I always felt Tony was glaringly absent in big games. Now may have been the supporting cast with the good teams taking the TE away and his teammates didn't step up. I can only imagine what a Mahomes could have done with TG. I think it would look a lot like what we see with PM and TK.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:01 AM 11-15-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Kelce is playing during the golden age of Chiefs history.

Gonzalez played during an era I am happy to forget.
Yup and his best seasons were under Vermiel where even that offense probably wasnt the best fit for him. I think had he been here during the Alex years he might have put up a 130 receptions season.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:17 AM 11-15-2020
Travis Kelce is the only player on the Chiefs roster that I think is irreplaceable. Tyreek is a close second, but I think Travis helps Patrick as much as Patrick helps him. I mean they are almost unstoppable. And in the handful of games where Kelce isn't a huge factor the Chiefs offense really labors.
[Reply]
Cheater5 08:41 AM 11-15-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Travis Kelce is the only player on the Chiefs roster that I think is irreplaceable. Tyreek is a close second, but I think Travis helps Patrick as much as Patrick helps him. I mean they are almost unstoppable. And in the handful of games where Kelce isn't a huge factor the Chiefs offense really labors.

The only player?

I can think of one more pretty important dude that we’ve waited 50 years for.
[Reply]
notorious 09:40 AM 11-15-2020
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
The only player?

I can think of one more pretty important dude that we’ve waited 50 years for.
Colquitt was cut and the team has been fine without him.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:57 AM 11-15-2020
The greatest ever offered to pay the next greatest ever's goal post dunk fine.
[Reply]
A8bil 10:09 AM 11-15-2020
Kittle = faster, better blocker (at line and downfield)
Kelce = bigger, uses body better to get position, healthier

You're happy if you have either, but keep in mind that Kittle has made his mark receiving passes from Brian Hoyer, CJ Beathard, Nick Mullens and JG. Kelce has had all world Mahomes and TE-dependent Alex Smith. I shudder to think what kind of numbers kittle would put up if he were on KC....if he stayed healthy.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:09 AM 11-15-2020
I want to see Kelce retire with all the TE records and 7 SB rings.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:13 AM 11-15-2020
seems like that was settled a year ago....

Kittle is not a better TE

And he is a turd of a person.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 15
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up