Timothy Olyphant
Michael Madsen
Tim Roth
Dewey Crow as Manson

This is going to be one epic movie.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:51 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by sully1983:

For example, the Sharon Tate angle / story line was stupid.
on a side note, I can see where Tarantino got pissed about lack of dialogue from Robbie. I definitely had a clear impression of the type of person Sharon Tate was as portrayed by Tarantino. It was a totally BS premise and question.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:02 PM 07-26-2019
Tarantino discussed "many times" the Brad Pitt role with Tom Cruise and offered him the role but he turned him down. Cruise in a Tarantino movie? :-)
[Reply]
neech 04:37 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I mean, if DiCaprio is in it, how can it be bad? The dude is going to go down as the best actor of all time.
lol
[Reply]
neech 04:40 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
One of Kennedy's body guards was former football player and 'fearsome foursome' member of the Rams Rosey Grier, in the photo top left.

I think he needed more body guards.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:28 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Tarantino discussed "many times" the Brad Pitt role with Tom Cruise and offered him the role but he turned him down. Cruise in a Tarantino movie? :-)
Yea I remember they flirted with getting Cruise.

He also wanted Will Smith as Django first too. That would have been interesting
[Reply]
staylor26 08:08 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea I remember they flirted with getting Cruise.

He also wanted Will Smith as Django first too. That would have been interesting
Somebody: Wild Wild West?

Will Smith: Sign me up!

QT: Django Unchained?

Will Smith: No thanks!

Dude is fucking terrible at selecting roles.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:09 PM 07-26-2019
I loved it, as I do all of QT’s movies. He’s my favorite Director. He has one bad movie (Death Proof) and it might be my favorite bad movie ever.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:25 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Somebody: Wild Wild West?

Will Smith: Sign me up!

QT: Django Unchained?

Will Smith: No thanks!

Dude is ****ing terrible at selecting roles.
He’s all about image and making family friendly or wide audience pictures

Which is fine. He knows what he is and doesn’t try and push himself much
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:27 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I loved it, as I do all of QT’s movies. He’s my favorite Director. He has one bad movie (Death Proof) and it might be my favorite bad movie ever.
I didn’t like it much at first, but it’s grown on me a lot.

Kurt “Fucking” Russell is amazing as Stunt Man Mike.
[Reply]
Buns 09:29 PM 07-26-2019
I am a big QT fan. Love all his films. I think this is my personal favorite of his, and that's mostly because of how good Brad and Leo are.

I think it's really, really good and I see how opinions can be divisive on it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:23 PM 07-26-2019
Ugh, felt like watching that band you loved in the 90s reuniting for a tour because someone's going through a divorce/midlife crisis. Moments of brilliance combined with low hanging fruit groaners. Sold out show with people over laughing and applauding so I'm likely the minority. Yes, I knew what to expect going in.

It is filmed perfectly though. A perfectly frosted turd, imo.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:24 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
its a different movie from Tarantino. It’s a period piece. Atmosphere. Style. Location. Cinematography are important. It’s about a time, not driving a plot. In some parts it is classic Tarantino. Shots behind the driver in a car etc.

I loved the movie. But, this is in no way his best film, better than a Pulp Fiction. GTFO. If your a Tarantino fan, you’ll love it. I don’t see how in this era of superheroes, animation or franchise action movies there is room for a mass audience for this movie.
Which sucks. I hope they get back to making original movies at some point. Remakes, repeats, and comic books are fine as one course but not the whole meal. Every day. For years.
Can we get another There Will Be Blood and No Country For Old Men type of year?
[Reply]
Predarat 12:28 PM 07-27-2019
I liked it, alot. Not my favorite Tarantino but somewhere in the middle, exactly where I have no idea yet until I watch it a few more times. The middle did kind of drag on a bit, could have made it a shorter movie. If you like Tarantino and/or that era of Hollywood you will probably like it.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:36 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Predarat:
I liked it, alot. Not my favorite Tarantino but somewhere in the middle, exactly where I have no idea yet until I watch it a few more times. The middle did kind of drag on a bit, could have made it a shorter movie. If you like Tarantino and/or that era of Hollywood you will probably like it.
Pretty much how I felt.

Not as good as Pulp Fiction or Inglorious Bastards but as good as or better than the rest.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:13 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
I really liked it, but if you go in expecting Kill Bill, Basterds, or Django, you’ll be disappointed.

It’s more of an atmospheric mood piece & vehicle for QT to reflect on his place in a changing industry.
I didn't really think any of those movies were thaaat good, they were too "comic booky". IB was the best of the bunch IMO. I get that is part of Tarentino's allure, but when I heard this was a more mature Tarentino it perked my interest.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 22
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up