Hydrae 07:10 PM 11-28-2020
I think the NFL season is about done.

Originally Posted by :
https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...-without-home/

New Santa Clara County COVID health order leaves 49ers without home
BAY AREA
by: Tristi Rodriguez

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 / 03:37 PM PST / Updated: Nov 28, 2020 / 03:37 PM PST
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KRON) — The San Francisco 49ers and other Bay Area sports teams are left without a home after Santa Clara County announced revisions to its coronavirus guidelines.

The new order prohibits contact sports including professional, college, and youth sports for three weeks. This affects the Niners, the Stanford Cardinals and the San Jose State Spartans.

“All recreational activities that involve physical contact or close proximity to persons outside one’s household, including all contact sports, will be temporarily prohibited,” the order said. “People can continue to engage in outdoor athletics and recreation where social distancing can be maintained at all times.”

The 49ers currently have two home games scheduled within the three-week period: Dec. 7 against the Buffalo Bills and Dec. 13 against the Washington Football Team.

The organization must now find a new place to host their home games, along with a new place to practice.

San Francisco released a brief statement Saturday following the announcement.

“We are aware of the Santa Clara County Public Health Department’s emergency directive. We are working with the NFL and our partners on operational plans and will share details as they are confirmed,” the statement read.

County officials said they are seeing the highest case rate than any other county in the Bay Area, which is why they’re adding these restrictions.

The new health orders also reduce the indoor capacity of all stores to 10%, grocery & pharmacy to 25%, and outdoor gatherings are limited to 100 people.

Additionally, people must quarantine for 14 days after traveling more than 150 miles before returning to the county.

[Reply]
Spott 08:23 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I would think San Diego or LA would be first options if it can be worked out.
That makes more sense, but they may want to go somewhere where they don’t have to worry about more lockdowns affecting them to this extent.
[Reply]
Flying High D 09:51 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by PutQuinnIn:
They should play on the infield dirt in Oakland. Chargers old stadium is gone and they can GTFO playing in LA.
The wrecking ball is moving in that direction but it hasn’t got there yet.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:12 PM 11-28-2020
So fucking stupid. Cookoofornia, folks
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 10:42 PM 11-28-2020
Another one of those dictates that make nerdy public health officials feel good about themselves but accomplishes nothing. And probably does more harm, being that they've probably settled into a pretty good routine with sanitization/mitigation.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:47 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
I think hope the NFL season is about done.
FYP
[Reply]
JakeF 02:08 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This is fucking stupid. These guys have tests every day as well as constant contact tracing.

NFL players are safer than the public by a huge margin.
I doubt it's meant for the NFL. It's for all the people who don't have NFL money.
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 07:01 AM 11-29-2020
I wonder if this voids their lease at the stadium ?
[Reply]
seamonster 07:36 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
Another one of those dictates that make nerdy public health officials feel good about themselves but accomplishes nothing. And probably does more harm, being that they've probably settled into a pretty good routine with sanitization/mitigation.
This. People have to realize these county\city public heath officials were black holes on the budgets. Nobody listened to these people until now. And now they've got the ultimate power.
[Reply]
Hydrae 12:21 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
FYP
WRONG!

I have no hope for any such thing. The more NFL we get the better. I just think when you look around and in just this week we have a game delayed by 5 days, a team playing a game with no starting QB, and now a team that has no home for at least the next 3 weeks. How much more of this do you think the NFL can work through? It seems that the infection rates are increasing everywhere to it is not going to get better any time soon. At the very least they will start (already started?) getting pressure to be "responsible" about it. None of this is me hoping for anything. A full season would be the best outcome but I think having a post season is more important that finishing the regular season. Are you willing to risk further escalation of covid related issues killing the playoffs or giving up a few regular season games?
[Reply]
jallmon 01:29 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I’ll believe it’s the end of the season when I see it.

Not happening
Waaayyyy too much $$ involved.
[Reply]
asdf 02:02 PM 11-29-2020
I would guess it costs shit tons of money to move the team even temporarily. Niners and NFL should send the bill to the county :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up