ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Patricia out in Detroit
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 01:47 PM 11-28-2020

The Detroit Lions announced today that Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia have been relieved of their duties. pic.twitter.com/Tz5Rc7y53Y

— Detroit Lions (@Lions) November 28, 2020

[Reply]
RealSNR 10:08 AM 11-29-2020
Herp hire Steve Belichick derp!!!!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:12 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
:-)

Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Oh Christ.

LOL
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
This is why the Lions are, well, the Lions. :-):-):-)
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Holy God. Just burn the city to the ground and sow the earth it stood on with salt. It’d be kinder.
Magary is being sarcastic. He's a SJW blogger with no love for the Lions.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:14 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Drew is trolling.
[Reply]
FAH-Q 10:14 AM 11-29-2020
Until they fire the owners I’m afraid nothing will change with that franchise. Amazing some of the talent they’ve had which has led to numerous careers squandered only to wonder “what if?”
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:32 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Drew is trolling.
Yeah, he’s a Vikings fan.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:40 AM 11-29-2020
Which is the better gig for EB? Chiefs OC Or HC for some shit team.

I’d want no part of being a HC for any of those types of franchises simply to be a HC.
FUck that.

Just bide my time at KC and hopefully win some Super Bowls and wait it out until a decently ran franchise either has an off year and coach is fire, or a coach retires. Like if Carrol retires in the next two years or so suddenly .

I dunno. EB will do like they all do and go to the HC gig at an abysmal team And ownership thinking they can fix it, and fail spectacularly like they all do. Then be a coordinator again within 4or 5 yrs or go to the College game.

My sanity would be more important to me than status.
I understand HC Money is a lot more than coordinator money So I can’t fault him there. But damn.
[Reply]
jallmon 10:44 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Sad to think that the most successful coach from the Belechick tree was the now fired Bill O'Brien.
The "Belichick Tree" is a telephone pole.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:06 AM 11-29-2020
What I can't stand about the Dolphins is everyone going, "BRIAN FLORES COACHING GENYUS CHOP OFF THE OL BELICHICK BLOCK"

Never fucking forget where Flores cut his teeth, gentlemen. Plenty of Belichick assholes have had stretches of success. Joshy started his coaching career 7-0 before entirely missing the playoffs that year. Mangini went 10-6 his first season as a head coach and took the Jets to the playoffs. Todd Haley (Parcells disciple... close enough) won the AFC West with Matt fucking Cassel as his QB. Romeo Crennel was the last head coach of the Browns to coach them to a winning record (10-6).

Folks, maybe one of these days a Belichick disciple won't prove to be a tremendous steaming pile of shit. That coach might be Flores. Hell, it could have been O'Brien had it not been for the epic shitfuckery he pulled when he got GM powers.

But until I see some longterm proof that Flores is anything but a limp-dicked missionary of the psychotic Patriot religion and that any platitudes he preaches about discipline and 100% execution to detail and do-your-job mentality actually end up taking hold in the organization because he does the other parts of coaching to a competent degree, I'm not going to believe in him.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:37 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
And the most insane part is it happens over and over with the same results and it keeps rolling. Franchises getting destroyed for 5+ years and these owners just keep hiring these fools.

Next year when Judge gets fired in NY midseason, maybe teams will finally figure out after 25 years that just coaching Belichick’s kickers doesn’t mean you should be running a team.
Flores has actually been decent so far.
[Reply]
Coach 11:40 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
What I can't stand about the Dolphins is everyone going, "BRIAN FLORES COACHING GENYUS CHOP OFF THE OL BELICHICK BLOCK"

Never fucking forget where Flores cut his teeth, gentlemen. Plenty of Belichick assholes have had stretches of success. Joshy started his coaching career 7-0 before entirely missing the playoffs that year. Mangini went 10-6 his first season as a head coach and took the Jets to the playoffs. Todd Haley (Parcells disciple... close enough) won the AFC West with Matt fucking Cassel as his QB. Romeo Crennel was the last head coach of the Browns to coach them to a winning record (10-6).

Folks, maybe one of these days a Belichick disciple won't prove to be a tremendous steaming pile of shit. That coach might be Flores. Hell, it could have been O'Brien had it not been for the epic shitfuckery he pulled when he got GM powers.

But until I see some longterm proof that Flores is anything but a limp-dicked missionary of the psychotic Patriot religion and that any platitudes he preaches about discipline and 100% execution to detail and do-your-job mentality actually end up taking hold in the organization because he does the other parts of coaching to a competent degree, I'm not going to believe in him.
Don't forget Joe Judge as well (NYG HC) who is a Belichick disciple. Believe he was the ST coordinator for NE before going to NYG.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:40 PM 11-29-2020
I agree Detroit needs to start over.

They should move anyone over 25 that has any trade value whatsoever.

I could see Belichick being interested in Stafford. He doesn't want to rebuild, he wants to retool.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:50 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Which is the better gig for EB? Chiefs OC Or HC for some shit team.

I’d want no part of being a HC for any of those types of franchises simply to be a HC.
**** that.

Just bide my time at KC and hopefully win some Super Bowls and wait it out until a decently ran franchise either has an off year and coach is fire, or a coach retires. Like if Carrol retires in the next two years or so suddenly .

I dunno. EB will do like they all do and go to the HC gig at an abysmal team And ownership thinking they can fix it, and fail spectacularly like they all do. Then be a coordinator again within 4or 5 yrs or go to the College game.

My sanity would be more important to me than status.
I understand HC Money is a lot more than coordinator money So I can’t fault him there. But damn.
I wonder what other gigs might be open after the season ends? Minnesota? Is Zimmer safe? Cincinnati? Zac Taylor has won like 4 games in 2 seasons so far. Jacksonville? Marrone has to be on thin ice.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:35 PM 11-29-2020
Flores already started playing with fire when he benched Tua for Fitzpatrick.

Is there risk to Tua's career? Not significantly, no.

Is it a questionable choice to think that Ryan fucking Fitzpatrick is the answer to your problem of losing to the Broncos and that there will be no cost of being forced to answer for that decision? Yes.

Are you taking an opportunity out of the hand of your young QB to gain some confidence cheap and easy when a potential failure would only be chalked up to rookie growing pains?

Also yes.

Flores could have more of those in his Patriot bag of suck tricks
[Reply]
RunKC 07:58 PM 01-03-2021
Wow this has to be a ploy to get a raise in Seattle right? Surely this guy wouldn’t just leave for Detroit?

A potential blockbuster: The #Lions plan to make a run at #Seahawks GM John Schneider for their vacant GM job.

My story: https://t.co/4W5Zp2E25o

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 3, 2021

[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up