ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 35
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Berry Thread
dlphg9 10:42 PM 12-13-2018
Seriously fuck him. He can't play when it really matters? Can't come in for the last drive of the game, because he tore his pussy? What was the point in him playing at all? He didn't look tired and didn't look hurt, so why couldn't he play for 10 more plays? He could have probably helped a lot on that final drive. Worthless fuck
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:47 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
And actually I think it would make clark look BETTER that he paid the guy when he had cancer, re signed him knowing it could come back, didn't make him buy his own insurance to cover it, and paid him again when it came back.

Clark Hunt would be ****ing owner of the year.

And does anyone even know if the chiefs could or even did take out a policy covering it themselves?
Paying Berry was stupid from the get go. Imagine not having that albatross of a contract on the books. We could actually put together a competent defense.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:54 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
The Spirit isn’t feeling surgery.

He hasn’t had surgery yet??????

What’s the holdup?
[Reply]
-King- 10:57 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Paying Berry was stupid from the get go. Imagine not having that albatross of a contract on the books. We could actually put together a competent defense.
If he didn't get hurt, the contract would be bad, but we'd have a competent defense. It's not his contract that fucked us. It's him playing basically no games while on the contract. If he'd continued playing like he did in 2016, I wouldn't give 2 shits what we're paying him.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:49 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
If he didn't get hurt, the contract would be bad, but we'd have a competent defense. It's not his contract that fucked us. It's him playing basically no games while on the contract. If he'd continued playing like he did in 2016, I wouldn't give 2 shits what we're paying him.
And neither would anyone else. The problem now is that we have two seasons of Berry doing nothing to fix his Haglunds, just hanging about and acting like the condition is somehow going to magically clear up and go on its way. And then when he finally DOES play, its absolutely atrocious. The guy looks like he's running in mud on his way to the glue factory.
So rather than get surgery and spend all that down time rehabbing, we're now stuck with a guy that shows no signs of heading to the operating table, and whose play is not going to improve unless he does. And even then, his play may NOT improve if he were to get the surgery and then rehab for another 8 to 10 months due to all of the time he will have missed at that point!
It's a lose/lose for everyone. The only way to make anything resembling hay out of this mess is to do the June 1st cut and keep what we can.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:46 AM 02-07-2019
Haven't really followed the thread that closely, but are we speculating Berry may be retiring because he has not had surgery on his foot yet?
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:51 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
He hasn’t had surgery yet??????

What’s the holdup?

Nobody knows either way. He may have - but no one knows. Matt Derrick hadn't heard as of this week, he has inside the locker connections. Just FWIW
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:09 AM 02-07-2019
Hate to say it, but it's time to cut bait with EB. Would not be surprised to see Earl Thomas go to the Chiefs or Cowboys. Would like Collins, but I think he'll be resigned in New York.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:21 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
At a certain point you just get sick of rehab. Cancer, torn ACL, torn Achilles and now this.

His body has to be about done.
Want to throw this out there. Based on no info at all. Just something that had me wondering. Given all the treatments he's had to go through, which sucks, is there any chance there's something... Favre like... About the whole deal? Can't really blame him. Just wondering.
[Reply]
loochy 09:33 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Haven't really followed the thread that closely, but are we speculating Berry may be retiring because he has not had surgery on his foot yet?
No.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:37 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
No.
:-)

Thank you!
[Reply]
threebag 10:21 AM 03-07-2019
So we are going to keep Berry and pray the AIDS he has in his heel cooperates on gamedays?

Great 3 years of this shit...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:26 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by threebag02:
So we are going to keep Berry and pray the AIDS he has in his heel cooperates on gamedays?

Great 3 years of this shit...
I was hinting at... Is it possible hes been on painkillers for so long that he's having trouble dealing with it
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:26 AM 03-07-2019
If they cut Berry it has to be designated post June 1. But the problem is (I think) they still carry that cap # all through free agency. So it doesn't clear up much room for signing the bulk of the free agent class.

So even if they save $9M or whatever - who's still around to spend it on? At that point they might just decide to gambool and hope we get a full season of decent Berry.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:28 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
If they cut Berry it has to be designated post June 1. But the problem is (I think) they still carry that cap # all through free agency. So it doesn't clear up much room for signing the bulk of the free agent class.

So even if they save $9M or whatever - who's still around to spend it on? At that point they might just decide to gambool and hope we get a full season of decent Berry.
Frees up money to pay Hill/Jones, though.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:30 AM 03-07-2019
it allows you to basically go right up the cap number because june 1st you're getting 9 million
[Reply]
Page 20 of 35
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up