ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 460
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
smittysbar 10:25 AM 07-07-2008
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Definitely. My wife is hooked more than I am. She has always struggled at golf, which is surprising, because she is quite athletic. She has always had a problem getting the ball in the air. Everything about her swing looks good except that 95% of her shots are worm-burners, no matter if she is hitting driver or 9 iron.

Anyway, we were at the range Saturday and she started off again hitting low shots. I had her move a little closer to the ball and it was like a switch went off! She was actually driving the ball with her driver and her lofted clubs were getting up in the air. I can't believe that something as simple as that fixed her problem.

So we went out and played yesterday and she was able to carry what she did on the range out on to the course. She shot 60/55 for a 115, by far the best I have ever seen her play. She had gotten pretty discouraged with the game and hadn't played for 3+ years. Now she can't wait to get back out again.
Good shots are addictive. A few good shots will have a person pumped to get out and play again, truly is a great game.

Well I better get ready if I want to make the noon game, will report back later if I should have went to work instead.
[Reply]
smittysbar 10:27 AM 07-07-2008
Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider:
Mark Twain defined golf as “A good walk spoiled.”
I agree :-)
And my father used to say, "Raider fans are ****ing idiots"
[Reply]
RNR 10:29 AM 07-07-2008
Originally Posted by smittysbar:
:-) eat shit! talk about putting one on the tee for you!
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:30 AM 07-07-2008
Awwww, RNR is not an idiot. A bit misguided perhaps, but he's one of the good 'uns.
[Reply]
smittysbar 10:32 AM 07-07-2008
Awwww, RNR is not an idiot. A bit misguided perhaps, but he's one of the good 'uns.

I know, but he served it up so good, I had to:-)
[Reply]
RNR 10:38 AM 07-07-2008
I know, but he served it up so good, I had to:-)
Yeah long and in the middle of the fairway you are welcome :-)
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:47 AM 07-07-2008
Bad day of golf is better than a great day at work
Unless if you suck as bad as you do.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 11:34 AM 07-07-2008
Definitely. My wife is hooked more than I am. She has always struggled at golf, which is surprising, because she is quite athletic. She has always had a problem getting the ball in the air. Everything about her swing looks good except that 95% of her shots are worm-burners, no matter if she is hitting driver or 9 iron.

Anyway, we were at the range Saturday and she started off again hitting low shots. I had her move a little closer to the ball and it was like a switch went off! She was actually driving the ball with her driver and her lofted clubs were getting up in the air. I can't believe that something as simple as that fixed her problem.

So we went out and played yesterday and she was able to carry what she did on the range out on to the course. She shot 60/55 for a 115, by far the best I have ever seen her play. She had gotten pretty discouraged with the game and hadn't played for 3+ years. Now she can't wait to get back out again.
Moving the ball back in her stance will make the ball go higher as well.
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:42 AM 07-07-2008
Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
Moving the ball back in her stance will make the ball go higher as well.
I'm going to let her get a little consistency going right now before I start ****ing with her swing some more.
[Reply]
smittysbar 06:03 PM 07-07-2008
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Unless if you suck as bad as you do.
:-) Don't make me school you.

Should have went to work, shot 83 from the tips with five double bogie's :-). Just wasn't on on the front and put up a 44, then went to the back 9 and started playing better, still just shot a 39. Couldn't stay out of trouble.

All in all ended up getting things worked out, but not before I put up big numbers.
[Reply]
smittysbar 10:42 PM 07-08-2008
78 tonight. Man I keep having a couple of holes that I get into trouble of the tee, blocking it every now and then.

Watched the finally of the big break tonight, Kim won. But really I wasn't impressed with any of the girls on there. Kim hit it long but is a horrible putter. Sophie was probably the best. Man they had some hotties on there though.

Oh and if there are any lefties on here with a 52* titleist vokey wedge laying around I would be interested, need to fill the gap between my 56 and PW.
[Reply]
smittysbar 09:19 AM 07-12-2008
Playing in a tournament in Trenton, MO this weekend, most likely staying over and partying tonight. Anyone else on here playing over there or going out tonight?
[Reply]
Skip Towne 11:59 AM 07-12-2008
78 tonight. Man I keep having a couple of holes that I get into trouble of the tee, blocking it every now and then.

Watched the finally of the big break tonight, Kim won. But really I wasn't impressed with any of the girls on there. Kim hit it long but is a horrible putter. Sophie was probably the best. Man they had some hotties on there though.

Oh and if there are any lefties on here with a 52* titleist vokey wedge laying around I would be interested, need to fill the gap between my 56 and PW.
Herzig probably has that wedge in a variety of colors.
[Reply]
smittysbar 10:10 PM 07-13-2008
Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
Herzig probably has that wedge in a variety of colors.
Is he a lefty?
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:07 AM 07-15-2008
I went out again Sunday. I was hitting my driver much better, long and relatively straight. I wasn't counting, but I think I hit all but about 2 or 3 fairways. And with one exception, the ones I missed were just off in the rough. I still didn't score so well, though. I needed 10 or less strokes on the last two holes to finish under 100 and parred the par 3 17th. Then I hit my only bad drive of the day on 18 (par 4). I jacked around and didn't go for the easy recovery and hit my second shot into the water. So I ended up with a quadruple bogey 8 and total of 100.

:-)

Oh well, it was a nice day out anyway.

One of my wife's contacts at work is getting us on at The National on August 8, so I'm really looking forward to that. Anyone else here play that course? How tough is it?
[Reply]
Page 38 of 460
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up