ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 202 of 324
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206212252302 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 01:34 AM 12-09-2019
Fuck Deion
[Reply]
Chargem 01:52 AM 12-09-2019
Doesn't the thought of next year, with the group more experienced in the system together, plus maybe another FA and another high draft pick just make you salivate?
[Reply]
Cosmos 02:10 AM 12-09-2019
This team actually has a blitz package...one where they are disciplined enough to hold their water to the snap.

Saw the front four execute twists and combinations....:-)

Who would have thought?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:18 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Doesn't the thought of next year, with the group more experienced in the system together, plus maybe another FA and another high draft pick just make you salivate?
if veach hits on two linebackers.....look the FUCK out

top 10 potential
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:28 AM 12-09-2019
The defense has been much better the last 3 games, but the opposing teams have had a lot of near misses that had nothing to do with our defense.

Is it just me, or do our outside corners seem to never turn their heads to locate the ball when they are running down field with a receiver? It seems like we are often right with the receiver, but we never look back to try and locate the ball, which results in too many DPI penalties.

I remember watching Albert Lewis, Kevin Ross, Dale Carter, James Hasty, etc. play CB, and in my memories they would turn their heads so they could make a play on the ball.

I also remembered William Bartee and his inability to turn his head, and getting burnt like toast game after game.

Does this coaching staff teach the DBs to focus on the receiver, instead of playing the ball?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:28 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
The defense has been much better the last 3 games, but the opposing teams have had a lot of near misses that had nothing to do with our defense.

Is it just me, or do our outside corners seem to never turn their heads to locate the ball when they are running down field with a receiver? It seems like we are often right with the receiver, but we never look back to try and locate the ball, which results in too many DPI penalties.

I remember watching Albert Lewis, Kevin Ross, Dale Carter, James Hasty, etc. play CB, and in my memories they would turn their heads so they could make a play on the ball.

I also remembered William Bartee and his inability to turn his head, and getting burnt like toast game after game.

Does this coaching staff teach the DBs to focus on the receiver, instead of playing the ball?

well, you're right of course.

But, to be fair, some of that is the change in PI rules. Those guys could run into receivers and it wasn't a penalty, it was 'incidental contact'...and they'd do it on purpose sometimes and claim it was an accident to disrupt the play.

You get called on that now, so you kind of have to keep your eyes on the reciever when you're in man until the last second and then try to locate the ball.

It's tougher to play CB in this NFL than those guys' version.

Still, yeah, definitely room for improvement although they're all better than Steven Nelson. :-)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:34 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
if veach hits on two linebackers.....look the **** out

top 10 potential
We are already the 14th ranked defense....
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:35 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
We are already the 14th ranked defense....
against the toughest schedule in the NFL.

I'll take it.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:37 AM 12-09-2019
Guys are buying in to Spags and finally understand where they need to be especially at LB. They look like a totally new group these days. Sutton never got them to play better as the year went on. Spags has done that.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:44 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
against the toughest schedule in the NFL.

I'll take it.
:-)
[Reply]
stevieray 07:47 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
This defense has now hand delivered two victories for this team because

Sometimes that's how it works.

and you're bitching about it?

damn, dude.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:13 AM 12-09-2019
D did a great job. Those blitzes were killer. Spags is killing it these past couple games
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:16 AM 12-09-2019
Here’s a couple fun stats. In the first half the Chiefs pressures Brady on 10 of 20 drop backs. That’s 50% of the time Spags brought pressure

Remember how we couldn’t cover running backs. We just held the best receiving RB in James White to 5 catches for 27 yards
[Reply]
cmh6476 08:43 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

now we get picks because a corner is out of position and looks up cause he knows he's beat and the ball unexpectedly lands in his hands.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:43 AM 12-09-2019

New story. The Chiefs’ defensive stars reveled in boasting about beating Tom Brady. In the unit’s biggest statement yet, Chris Jones made quite the declaration.

“We don’t need the offense to win games for us.” https://t.co/h0lJBN1YWW

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) December 9, 2019

Love Jones
[Reply]
Page 202 of 324
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206212252302 > Last »
Up