ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Pocahontas: “5 years ago Michael Brown was murdered by a white police officer”
Prison Bitch 05:24 PM 08-09-2019
Can she be sued for slander?

Elizabeth Warren
@ewarren

5 years ago Michael Brown was murdered by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri. Michael was unarmed yet he was shot 6 times. I stand with activists and organizers who continue the fight for justice for Michael. We must confront systemic racism and police violence head on.
1:59 PM · Aug 9, 2019·Twitter Web App

2.4K Retweets12.4K Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/ewarren/s...02078103445507

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:00 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
They had double jeopardy protections during the Jim Crow era, so...
:-)

And, today, they skirt them by essentially double charging via federal laws. Tomorrow, they'll just eliminate them.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:30 AM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:

And, today, they skirt them by essentially double charging via federal laws. Tomorrow, they'll just eliminate them.
Yeah. I’m just echoing Obama’s reference to the filibuster as a Jim Crow era thing (apparently just because it existed during that time period) to justify the thought of eliminating it.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:49 AM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Yeah. I’m just echoing Obama’s reference to the filibuster as a Jim Crow era thing (apparently just because it existed during that time period) to justify the thought of eliminating it.

Sorry, I missed where you were going with your post. :-)
[Reply]
dj56dt58 12:13 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I can't even any more..

If it is this bad now-----wait until next year.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:31 PM 08-01-2020
There are cases that have caused outrage where the cops were definitely in the wrong. There were cases like this Michael Brown case where after the investigation is no evidence of wrong doing.

Pick the right case to demonstrate your cause. Michael Brown isn't one of them. George Floyd is. Nonetheless, anything that happens to a black person vs the police is automatically seen as racist even if there is no confirmation of a racist motive. This is part of the problem also. Situations differ and have nuance. We need to understand this - but we can't.

If we are saying black people are being hunted by police, because of the difference in deaths & how it differs from the representation of white and black on the population then we are doing it wrong. More black people come from a disadvantageous situation than white people. This is just a fact. This leads to more choosing a life of crime. Another way to solve this issue is to better those socioeconomic conditions for many in the African American community. We can do this by funding and also the black community recognizing cultural changes that need to occur.

Also, if we are going to use the representation of the population argument, then why isn't the narrative that police are out hunting males as opposed to females? There is a MUCH MUCH larger disparity of male police shootings compared to female police shootings. 24/1 when the population ratio is 52% female/48% male.

So it is actually a TRUE statement to say that males of any race are shot by police at a much greater rate than they are based on race. The number one (statistical factor based on demographics at least) of being shot by police is being male.

If we are ONLY looking at those things (which is what is happening) then it would be consistent for males to band together to march against social injustice of police towards males. This would be consistent thought (even though flawed) but it is still not done.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Up