ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Kadarious Toney, WR, Florida
Direckshun 01:50 PM 01-31-2021
Kind of torn on this guy.

Watched some footage on him and he’s basically Curtis Samuels, who I’m a huge fan of.

He’s been available to us at 32 in more than a few mocks, and of course his style of play fits our offense like a glove. He’d be outstanding.

But he’s not an X. Matter of fact, if we let Sammy walk, there’s no true X receiver between Hill, Toney, and Hardman.

If we elect to bring Robinson or Pringle back, that gives us a true X.

But how necessary is it for us to have one?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:22 PM 02-01-2021
Bateman is an excellent prospect. I like Marshall as well. Either at #32 would be awesome.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:41 PM 02-06-2021
Every time I run a mock I always end up with Toney at 32.

I definitely can see the Chiefs trading out of the first round if their choices are that slim.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:42 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Every time I run a mock I always end up with Toney at 32.

I definitely can see the Chiefs trading out of the first round if their choices are that slim.
at least in running the mock draft machines, I've been finding that moving back to the low 40's still leaves great options and usually gets you a low 3rd or high 4th in return.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:46 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
I get it on the Rashod Bateman thing but I was thinking level of competition Toney did this against LSU, Georgia, Mizzou and Alabama. Would be happy with either as a pick but please, take one of them.
I don't see how doing it against Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Penn State, Northwestern, etc is somehow much less accomplished. Not like the Big10 is some slouch conference hahaha. The corners haven't been as good in the Big as the SEC lately but they're still pretty solid.

I wish Bateman had the opportunity to go against Ohio State the past 2 years because that would have been the top litmus test. He did in 2018 but was just getting started.

If there is a champion for Toney it's me, I mocked him months ago, but there are glaring fundamental differences between him and Bateman. Bateman is much more polished as a route runner in my opinion. He's also much bigger. But the big one is he has routinely played the X whereas Toney has primarily operated out of the slot.

If I'm looking for a guy I'd feel confident in plug-and-play, it's going to be Bateman. There are 15 guys like Toney in this draft, none as polished that are ranked below him, but the fact remains you can get a twitched up, joystick type with speed and less size through the 4th and 5th rounds. I've grown to prefer Bateman if he's there. That's the question though, who is going to be there. Huddle Report, who is insanely accurate in projecting rankings, has him at 24 right now and Toney at 31. For reference, they have Marshall at 33.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:46 AM 02-07-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I don't see how doing it against Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Penn State, Northwestern, etc is somehow much less accomplished. Not like the Big10 is some slouch conference hahaha. The corners haven't been as good in the Big as the SEC lately but they're still pretty solid.

I wish Bateman had the opportunity to go against Ohio State the past 2 years because that would have been the top litmus test. He did in 2018 but was just getting started.

If there is a champion for Toney it's me, I mocked him months ago, but there are glaring fundamental differences between him and Bateman. Bateman is much more polished as a route runner in my opinion. He's also much bigger. But the big one is he has routinely played the X whereas Toney has primarily operated out of the slot.

If I'm looking for a guy I'd feel confident in plug-and-play, it's going to be Bateman. There are 15 guys like Toney in this draft, none as polished that are ranked below him, but the fact remains you can get a twitched up, joystick type with speed and less size through the 4th and 5th rounds. I've grown to prefer Bateman if he's there. That's the question though, who is going to be there. Huddle Report, who is insanely accurate in projecting rankings, has him at 24 right now and Toney at 31. For reference, they have Marshall at 33.
I agree entirely on the Bateman vs. Toney analysis.

Bateman projects right into the Sammy Watkins role.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:04 PM 02-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I agree entirely on the Bateman vs. Toney analysis.

Bateman projects right into the Sammy Watkins role.
Only without the love affair with ice baths.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:34 AM 02-08-2021
After tonight I couldn't give any less of a fuck about this jabroni named Toney.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:11 PM 02-09-2021
I'm not high on Toney anymore to be honest.

I think a guy like Bateman or Marshall would be intriguing depending on how the board falls but I'm not sure Toney is the type of WR we need.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:17 PM 02-09-2021
He is my draft crush along with Fishers replacement Cade Mays
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:19 PM 02-09-2021
We don’t need smaller WRs that are fast. These guys aren’t always going to be open. We need guys who can catch contested balls when we need them.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:47 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We don’t need smaller WRs that are fast. These guys aren’t always going to be open. We need guys who can catch contested balls when we need them.
All day this

Give me a slightly slower yet much taller WR a round or two later. Having Kelce and another tall target that can fight for the ball is exactly what we need in our receiving corp.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:36 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Bateman is an excellent prospect. I like Marshall as well. Either at #32 would be awesome.
Yeah always thought he was better than Tyler Johnson who IMO was a steal for the Bucs in the 4th round I think they both will have very good NFL careers.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 10:04 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
All day this

Give me a slightly slower yet much taller WR a round or two later. Having Kelce and another tall target that can fight for the ball is exactly what we need in our receiving corp.
Should also help with all the jet sweeps and different screens we like to run.......I've been thinking we needed a bigger receiver for a while. Chase Claypool was my draft crush last year. I haven't watched a lot of college football this year so there's not one particular guy I have my eye on for this draft but Terrace Marshall sounds like a guy to take if he's there at 31.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:09 AM 02-11-2021
He's pretty thin but stands 6 ft tall.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:11 PM 02-11-2021
Going to see cover 2 thrown at us next year. Gotta run the ball.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up