ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Kadarious Toney, WR, Florida
Direckshun 01:50 PM 01-31-2021
Kind of torn on this guy.

Watched some footage on him and he’s basically Curtis Samuels, who I’m a huge fan of.

He’s been available to us at 32 in more than a few mocks, and of course his style of play fits our offense like a glove. He’d be outstanding.

But he’s not an X. Matter of fact, if we let Sammy walk, there’s no true X receiver between Hill, Toney, and Hardman.

If we elect to bring Robinson or Pringle back, that gives us a true X.

But how necessary is it for us to have one?
[Reply]
kccrow 02:50 PM 01-31-2021
Well, it's always necessary to have one. You have to have a guy that can play split end opposite the TE. Hill could do it, because he has the ability to beat press, but I can't say the same about Hardman. That said, they love to flex and motion Hill so he's better off being the flanker much of the time.

Do I think Toney could do it? Yes, I think he could. He's got enough size and he's really hard to get a good jam on because of his elite quickness and speed and plus balance. The other thing about an explosive guy at the X is that teams aren't always going to press him and he'll see plenty of off coverage because if you press and miss the guy is going for 6. He played some X against Texas A&M (iirc) and Alabama and torched them.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:46 PM 01-31-2021
Would be so much fun in this offense. Madden created team gets even more Maddeny
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:14 AM 02-01-2021
I just don't think he's an 'x'.

I think people are looking at Tyreek and Hardman and saying, " That's an Andy Reid style WR".

I think they're oversimplifying. Who's the WR The Chiefs invested most heavily in? Sammy Watkins, former first rounder, 6'1" 210 pounds. Who plays more snaps when he's out? Hardman? nope, Robinson and/or Pringle, both also basically the same size.

We can debate their cone times, or whatever, but the smaller, quick twitch Tyreek 2.0 type is already on the roster and developing.

If there's a type we'll be looking for, it's someone in the Watkins/Robinson/Pringle body type. Just my opinion.

If they deviate from that, in my opinion, it would be to go taller, for the ability to add the wrinkle of a guy that can just flat beat any 1-on-1 with jump balls and back shoulder stuff and red zone mismatches.
[Reply]
O.city 09:25 AM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I just don't think he's an 'x'.

I think people are looking at Tyreek and Hardman and saying, " That's an Andy Reid style WR".

I think they're oversimplifying. Who's the WR The Chiefs invested most heavily in? Sammy Watkins, former first rounder, 6'1" 210 pounds. Who plays more snaps when he's out? Hardman? nope, Robinson and/or Pringle, both also basically the same size.

We can debate their cone times, or whatever, but the smaller, quick twitch Tyreek 2.0 type is already on the roster and developing.

If there's a type we'll be looking for, it's someone in the Watkins/Robinson/Pringle body type. Just my opinion.

If they deviate from that, in my opinion, it would be to go taller, for the ability to add the wrinkle of a guy that can just flat beat any 1-on-1 with jump balls and back shoulder stuff and red zone mismatches.
I've kinda moved past the height and such in WR's. Just get guys who can get open. Continue to draft guys in that mold. The Chiefs are about speed. Just keep stockpiling it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:31 AM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I've kinda moved past the height and such in WR's. Just get guys who can get open. Continue to draft guys in that mold. The Chiefs are about speed. Just keep stockpiling it.
Well, yeah, but there's also the real problem of investment vs. getting them on the field.

There are different kinds of mismatches.

I think Reid has shown that he wants a burner, and a bigger bodied guy out there that can beat press coverage with physicality.

This forces the defense's hand.

Now, Reid COULD just say fuck it, let's go all speed, but he's already got two of those guys, and Hardman doesn't get as many snaps as our protoype 'x' guys.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:41 AM 02-01-2021
If there's one thing Reid has demonstrated over the years though it's that he's willing to tweak the scheme to fit the players, though. Talent is talent.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:44 AM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If there's one thing Reid has demonstrated over the years though it's that he's willing to tweak the scheme to fit the players, though. Talent is talent.
This is true.

I still point out that the Drob/Pringle combo get more snaps than Hardman. Hardman can be a knucklehead, but it's also obvious he has home run talent.

Just sayin'.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:57 AM 02-01-2021
What about someone like a Rashad Bateman? That seems like a better Watkins replacement.
[Reply]
O.city 11:27 AM 02-01-2021
This is true.

I still point out that the Drob/Pringle combo get more snaps than Hardman. Hardman can be a knucklehead, but it's also obvious he has home run talent.

Just sayin'.
I think that says more about Hardman the player than Hardman the skillset though.

Ideally, sure I'd like to have a dude like TO or Watkins across from Hill, but beggars can't be choosers. If they could get Toney, you could have him do some of the stuff around the LOS that Hill does and free Hill up to be more WR down field.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:41 AM 02-01-2021
What about someone like a Rashad Bateman? That seems like a better Watkins replacement.
Bateman or Marshall are good with me.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:54 PM 02-01-2021
Ok I am all in on this guy - amazing!

[Reply]
Chief Northman 07:55 PM 02-01-2021
If the Chiefs go WR at 32, this is the guy I want.

Great route runner, toughness, speed. He’s polished and screams X receiver.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:22 PM 02-01-2021
I get it on the Rashod Bateman thing but I was thinking level of competition Toney did this against LSU, Georgia, Mizzou and Alabama. Would be happy with either as a pick but please, take one of them.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:48 PM 02-01-2021
Ok seeing it - either would be nice!

[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up