Xavier Worthy, Texas
Ladd McConkey, Georgia

OT:

Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
Jordan Morgan, Arizona

CB:

Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama

Typically, we draft a guy from this list every year that I've been doing it.

Anybody you guys feel should/shouldn't be on there?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:16 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
Legette
Ahh should've known with the Deebo/SC connection. Didn't think about that.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:22 PM 02-15-2024
Just looking at this list, and trying to make one, it's hard not to come away thinking that there will 100% be more late 1st to earl 2nd WRs available than OT and DT.

If Guyton, Murphy, and Newton are gone, I think it's WR or Sanders at 32.
[Reply]
O.city 12:56 PM 02-15-2024
It's possible. Alot of this will be sorted in FA.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:55 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Just looking at this list, and trying to make one, it's hard not to come away thinking that there will 100% be more late 1st to earl 2nd WRs available than OT and DT.

As I'm becoming more intrigued by some of the OT options at the back of the 1st, Sanders becomes more and more of a non-starter.

I like the guy. I just can't talk myself into a 1st round TE this year. The immediate returns won't be there and I'm living in the now for at least the next season and very possibly the next 2.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:00 PM 02-15-2024
We are literally here at LT..

Bring back Don Smith
Start Wanya Morris
or 1st round OT

That's it.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:08 PM 02-15-2024

This is exactly what I've been saying and I'm only more convinced of it now. The depth is at WR, we need a WR. That seems the most plausible pick to me and it's not really close, imo
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:19 PM 02-15-2024

Kingsley Suamaitaia really floats my boat at the end of the 1st. Huge, long arms, great athlete, nasty, NFL bloodline.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:48 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Kingsley Suamaitaia really floats my boat at the end of the 1st. Huge, long arms, great athlete, nasty, NFL bloodline.
He's the one guy that I could see keeping us from taking a WR if those other guys I mentioned are off the board.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:01 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
This is exactly what I've been saying and I'm only more convinced of it now. The depth is at WR, we need a WR. That seems the most plausible pick to me and it's not really close, imo
But it's extremely unlikely, IMO, that there's going to be a line of demarcation near where we pick at WR.

Yes, there's depth at the WR position. But I think there's a solid chance that the person we're looking at at 32 is maybe 5% better than a guy we could get at 64.

Walker vs. McMillan is the sort of example I'd use here.

That's just not going to be the case at OT.

I think there's a really good chance there are D1 contributors in the 2nd or even 3rd round at WR and on the DL. I'm not seeing that at Offensive Tackle.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:54 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But it's extremely unlikely, IMO, that there's going to be a line of demarcation near where we pick at WR.

Yes, there's depth at the WR position. But I think there's a solid chance that the person we're looking at at 32 is maybe 5% better than a guy we could get at 64.

Walker vs. McMillan is the sort of example I'd use here.

That's just not going to be the case at OT.

I think there's a really good chance there are D1 contributors in the 2nd or even 3rd round at WR and on the DL. I'm not seeing that at Offensive Tackle.
To be fair, the likelihood of there being a quality OT at 32 is also extremely low. If you want an OT, you're going to have to likely move up for one.

So, pick your poison, I suppose.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:29 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
To be fair, the likelihood of there being a quality OT at 32 is also extremely low. If you want an OT, you're going to have to likely move up for one.

Yep. There may be Day 1 starters at WR later on, I don't see I'm risking that for an OT that really isn't that in R1, which is what I see. There's a few decent looking athletes with fairly large technical deficiencies and frankly they seem a much bigger risk than punting on a WR that might bust.
[Reply]
farmerchief 09:49 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I agree with your assessment, plenty of depth. As you mentioned, all the mock drafts Ive been playing around with, theres always something you like about certain players, but they all have something you wish was better. So determing which is the best fit for this offense, is the key when the Chiefs draft. Im sure I wont be too critical of their selection when they draft a WR, and will find something that I like about their selection.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:31 AM 02-16-2024

Guys that can plug and play at left tackle almost never drop past 15.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:58 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Guys that can plug and play at left tackle almost never drop past 15.
Yeah. I did a study on it last year, its floating around her somewhere. Pretty much 23 is your "normal" cutoff point for starting LTs. After that, it's a pure craps shoot with mid-round picks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:31 PM 02-16-2024
Yeah. I did a study on it last year, its floating around her somewhere. Pretty much 23 is your "normal" cutoff point for starting LTs. After that, it's a pure craps shoot with mid-round picks.
Yeah - ultimately my hope is that a little extra depth at the 'top end' of the OT class along with maybe a little more depth at the top end of QB and WR pushes that dividing line down a little more than usual.

If there are 10 blue chippers when there are ordinarily only 5 and there's a lot of depth at other key positions of need, that line could get pushed so that someone like Harrison (who actually sucked last season) goes at 32 instead of 28.

And you hope you hit rather than have him struggle all season like Anton did.

I do think that Guyton has a better tool set than Harrison did, FYI. And he's similarly 'ranked' within this OT class. So I don't think it's beyond consideration that he may slide just a little further than Harrison despite being a little better prospect.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 32
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up