ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 38
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WTF is with the defense?
petegz28 10:41 PM 11-22-2020
That's 2 games in a row they really didn't do a fucking thing. Carr had all fucking night to throw. Guys are dropping shoulders and not wrapping up. YAC is killing us. Receivers are running wide open.

I will give them some credit in that I thought they stopped the run fairly well against the Raiders.

No pass rush
No tackling
No attitude

WTF?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:13 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I don't know what's up with Thornhill because at the start of the season he was a starter playing most snaps. Did he get injured again and now they're working him back into the fold? If so I missed that. Because it seems like he's just playing less and less each week.
He’s still not even a year removed from his ACL surgery.

Andy said after the game that they’re bringing him along slowly.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 01:49 AM 11-23-2020
At the end of the day if you told us we would be 9-1 with the defense only giving up 40 points once and being in the top ten in avg points allowed we would all be happy with that result.

The Faiders have structured their team to be a bad matchup for us. We will make adjustments to counter that. Andy's priority is always winning the division first. The Faiders have played well on offense, but they have not done anything defensively to really stop us. Their only hope is to win a shootout.

Scoring is up this year--you can name your reason (no training camp, less practice, COVID, etc.)---there is no elite defense in the league this year--and I think that bodes well for us.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:15 AM 11-23-2020
No pressure on Carr all game. Not the first time this season something similar has happened too. Defense is average at best and that's just the way it's going to be it seems.

The hope is that Mahomes is enough to overcome that. He almost certainly is.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:52 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Raiders are a top 5 offense.
Doesn’t matter. This is supposed to be a quality defense and it was like they weren’t on the field. They literally made no plays outside of stuffing the run a few times.
[Reply]
FAH-Q 04:57 AM 11-23-2020
What concerns me is the level of improvement the Raiders have shown over last year vs. our defense. It’s not like we’ve had this scheme in place for years. Spags has been here less than two years and the Raiders obviously have figured out how to attack our defense. Ruggs was a non-factor for whatever reason, but he is another dimension they have added to compete with our team. Not to mention, their offensive line just dominates our guys up front. Coming off a bye, expecting a much improved intensity from our guys, we managed to pull out a victory in another defensive performance that had me concerned vs. the Panthers before the bye week. Yes, the Raiders are a poor matchup for us as every team in this division has focused solely on building their team to beat Mahomes. Hell, the Charges give us all we can handle as well. But damn, as others have stated, I in no way want to see them in the playoffs. Carr is extremely confident in the scheme Gruden has put together and Gruden has figured out how to get the most out of a QB some predicted he'd get rid of. And Waller is a matchup nightmare. I don't know if there's any defender who could shut him down, but we certainly need a better defensive game plan against the Raiders - hell, maybe we just don't have the athletes to execute.

Even more concerning is our lack of consistent pressure against most teams. Even when we blitz, we seem to have a knack for running directly into blockers. This puts our DBs in a very precarious situation.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:12 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep but 16th in DVOA. They just haven't played anybody really tough.
Actually it’s pretty close. Between Stoolers and Chiefs (this was week of the bye)

Chiefs opponents record before this week 33-50 before Faders game 34-30 rest of the season.

Stoolers opponents record before the Jags game 35-46-2 from Jags game til end of season 30-33-1

Chiefs 67-80
Pit 66-79-3

Now if you wanna talk air miles that’s a different convo. Stoolers have second least in the league at 6600 Chiefs have over 15k.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:30 AM 11-23-2020
No pass rush. Can rarely get to the QB quickly unless we blitz. That's the main issue I see. Run D def needs some improvement as well.

Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
What concerns me is the level of improvement the Raiders have shown over last year vs. our defense. It’s not like we’ve had this scheme in place for years. Spags has been here less than two years and the Raiders obviously have figured out how to attack our defense. Ruggs was a non-factor for whatever reason, but he is another dimension they have added to compete with our team. Not to mention, their offensive line just dominates our guys up front. Coming off a bye, expecting a much improved intensity from our guys, we managed to pull out a victory in another defensive performance that had me concerned vs. the Panthers before the bye week. Yes, the Raiders are a poor matchup for us as every team in this division has focused solely on building their team to beat Mahomes. Hell, the Charges give us all we can handle as well. But damn, as others have stated, I in no way want to see them in the playoffs. Carr is extremely confident in the scheme Gruden has put together and Gruden has figured out how to get the most out of a QB some predicted he'd get rid of. And Waller is a matchup nightmare. I don't know if there's any defender who could shut him down, but we certainly need a better defensive game plan against the Raiders - hell, maybe we just don't have the athletes to execute.

Even more concerning is our lack of consistent pressure against most teams. Even when we blitz, we seem to have a knack for running directly into blockers. This puts our DBs in a very precarious situation.
True and other teams coaches are going to notice Raiders play us tough and copy what they do so expect to see more of it. Obviously not every team have Raiders personnel but our D better get their shit together quickly otherwise expect a lot of shootouts and Mahomes is going to have little room for error.

The other point you made, yeah I don't think Spags has the players to stop Raiders. Our LBs are below average, or CBs are as well, dline is struggling. Our safeties are good but as much as I love Honey Badger there is only so much he can do it takes a team effort on D.

I mean we don't have many matchups where we can say - 'Yeah Spags can really take advantage of that and shut Raiders down!"
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:47 AM 11-23-2020
Defense sucks. 200 mil on the DL has equated to squat. Pass rush has gone bye bye.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:09 AM 11-23-2020
I hate our LBs and have for years. We need a stud in the middle and have not even made an effort to find one.
[Reply]
Kman34 07:12 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
At the end of the day if you told us we would be 9-1 with the defense only giving up 40 points once and being in the top ten in avg points allowed we would all be happy with that result.

The Faiders have structured their team to be a bad matchup for us. We will make adjustments to counter that. Andy's priority is always winning the division first. The Faiders have played well on offense, but they have not done anything defensively to really stop us. Their only hope is to win a shootout.

Scoring is up this year--you can name your reason (no training camp, less practice, COVID, etc.)---there is no elite defense in the league this year--and I think that bodes well for us.
Level headed post..
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 07:12 AM 11-23-2020
Do not get too involved in this year. Covid is going to FUBAR the season. The Browns could take it all
[Reply]
TEX 07:16 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:

A lot of truth here...
[Reply]
ljmhawk 07:17 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I am concerned about the Bucs.
the team that lost the the saints 38-3?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:18 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
No pressure on Carr all game. Not the first time this season something similar has happened too. Defense is average at best and that's just the way it's going to be it seems.

The hope is that Mahomes is enough to overcome that. He almost certainly is.
Yeah pretty much all of our best players are on O so this is to be expected I guess. It's how we've built this team to have an offensive powerhouse and a decent D.

Problem is D doesn't appear to be decent it seems like it is bad but we'll see how rest of year goes. They could improve. Like someone else said 9-1 is nothing to complain about but i don't think we will beat Steelers unless our D improves. They are much more balanced than us at this point.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:23 AM 11-23-2020
We need Thornhill for the playoff run. Matthieu wasn't good last night..not worried that will continue.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 38
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up