ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1054 of 3903
« First < 545549541004104410501051105210531054 105510561057105810641104115415542054 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
eDave 05:44 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Are you practicing proper social distancing from FGs?

Sorry, had to
I am.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:44 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes. It's brutal, but would you rather have our healthcare workers without masks, or the general population?
I'd rather not be lied to.
Lies breed mistrust
Mistrust justifies conspiracies
Conspiracies foment unrest.

Think of everyone you've [the royal you] called, for various reasons, nutjobs and rabble rousers. Now think that all of them have concrete proof that the government lies to all of us, . . . for our own good.
[Reply]
jdubya 05:45 PM 04-02-2020
Can you explain how/why? I mean, if she weren't wearing gloves or a mask, how does the above scenario increase her risk of infection?
Scroll up a few posts. I just described exactly why based on what I just witnesses an hour ago....
[Reply]
Donger 05:48 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'd rather not be lied to.
Lies breed mistrust
Mistrust justifies conspiracies
Conspiracies foment unrest.

Think of everyone you've [the royal you] called, for various reasons, nutjobs and rabble rousers. Now think that all of them have concrete proof that the government lies to all of us, . . . for our own good.
Nor would I.

I've never said that I don't think the government lies to us. Quite the contrary. And that will be my final post on the matter here, as this isn't the place for it.
[Reply]
SPchief 05:48 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Scroll up a few posts. I just described exactly why based on what I just witnesses an hour ago....
He's right, how does it increase the odds?
[Reply]
Donger 05:49 PM 04-02-2020
Yes, I read what you posted, and my question is the same for you.

I can see the risk of infection being the same, but why is it increased?
[Reply]
jdubya 05:52 PM 04-02-2020
Yes, I read what you posted, and my question is the same for you.

I can see the risk of infection being the same, but why is it increased?
I would speculate that wearing gloves and mask makes her feel protected and invulnerable. She likely knew better than to not touch her face and nose with her hands but she likely believed incorrectly that her fingers were clean because she was wearing gloves while shopping. Im certain she had no clue she was contaminating the insides of her purse, car, door handles while wearing her gloves and then touching all the above after removing the dirty gloves....thus immediately contaminating her hands instantly.
[Reply]
ghak99 05:55 PM 04-02-2020
Middle of nowhere, Missouri, here again.

Only 1 positive test still showing for the county, but multiple people are assumed to have had it in the last few weeks that lead up to that test. They set up a drive through testing station in town, by referral only, but no one really knew why it suddenly popped up over just one case. Turns out the local hospital has several rooms of people that have been waiting on test results. I'm pretty sure the hospital only has ~20 beds in it.

Maybe it'll finally scare all the stay at home moms and methican americans away from hanging out at the stores like dumbasses.

I really wish there was somewhere I could go get tested to see if I had it a while ago.
[Reply]
Donger 05:55 PM 04-02-2020
I would speculate that wearing gloves and mask makes her feel protected and invulnerable. She likely knew better than to not touch her face and nose with her hands but she likely believed incorrectly that her fingers were clean because she was wearing gloves while shopping.
Well, you can't fix stupid. But again, I don't see anything in what you described that would increase her likelihood on infection, versus not wearing anything.
[Reply]
TLO 05:57 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Middle of nowhere, Missouri, here again.

Only 1 positive test still showing for the county, but multiple people are assumed to have had it in the last few weeks that lead up to that test. They set up a drive through testing station in town, by referral only, but no one really knew why it suddenly popped up over just one case. Turns out the local hospital has several rooms of people that have been waiting on test results. I'm pretty sure the hospital only has ~20 beds in it.

Maybe it'll finally scare all the stay at home moms and methican americans away from hanging out at the stores like dumbasses.

I really wish there was somewhere I could go get tested to see if I had it a while ago.
I'm concerned about the backlog of testing at the major commercial labs. It sounds like they are WAYYYY behind.
[Reply]
jdubya 06:01 PM 04-02-2020
Well, you can't fix stupid. But again, I don't see anything in what you described that would increase her likelihood on infection, versus not wearing anything.
If she wasnt wearing any gloves, I assume she would understand her hands are dirty and likely not rummage through purse casually or touching her face and hair. She then could have gone the route of using sanitizer wipes on her hands, then wipe down door handles and then use her keys to start the car.

All of this is based on the asumption she must give a shit if she is willing to put on gloves and mask in the first place.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:03 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Are you suggesting injecting people with ACE2?
why not, better than drinking fish tank cleaner. :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:06 PM 04-02-2020
I think the negatives still outweigh the positives in terms of encouraging the general public to wear masks.

People are inevitably going to try to get the surgical masks and even the N95 masks that the health care professionals need.

And encouraging people to try home-made or creative options such as scarfs or bandanas will probably have limited effectiveness (and could actually give people a false sense of protection).
[Reply]
Donger 06:06 PM 04-02-2020
If she wasnt wearing any gloves, I assume she would understand her hands are dirty and likely not rummage through purse casually or touching her face and hair. She then could have gone the route of using sanitizer wipes on her hands, then wipe down door handles and then use her keys to start the car.

All of this is based on the asumption she must give a shit if she is willing to put on gloves and mask in the first place.
That's a different scenario, though. If she weren't wearing gloves and a mask, and had done the same things you described (sans removing the gloves and mask), I don't see why her risk of infection would go up or down. It would be the same.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, mind you.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:13 PM 04-02-2020
Was sitting in my car out in front of a store today watching folks coming out of the store with groceries. So many people wearing masks and gloves but 100% incorrectly. Mask and gloves give untrained people false confidence and they do stupid things. One lady was handling her cart, got to her car and opened all the doors (with her tainted gloves on), proceeded to unload all her groceries while occasionally shifting her purse that was hanging on her shoulder (contaminating her purse and hair and shirt with dirty gloves). She then decided to just put her purse away on drivers seat but not before digging around inside her purse looking for something (with her dirty gloves on) and then proceeded to walk her cart to the cart rack. Walking back to her car she incorrectly removed her tainted gloves and put them in her jeans pocket, opened her car door that she had already opened and closed with her gloves on and then dug her keys out of her purse and started car. She then removed her facemask, with her bare hands but they are likely contaminated by now anyway so it doesnt matter anymore, sets mask down on dashboard right in front of her face and starts driving away. Right on cue as she is driving past me, she wipes her nose with her thumb and index finger. This exact scenario was happening with a half dozen folks all around me at the same time.

Gloves and masks dont do shit if you use them incorrectly folks...
I don't feel like gloves are very important. For some of the reasons you say above. You are still touching things with gloves. Honestly it's better to use cloth or part of your long sleeve shirt that you don't touch very often when you do touch a door knob, a cart, etc. The virus doesn't stay on clothing or cloth near as long as hard surfaces. Nonetheless, just don't touch your face with parts of your body that you touch things with. If you do touch your face, use the back of your hand, above your wrist, inside of your shoulder, etc.

But as far as masks. They absolutely help since 80%+ new infections are caused by air droplets from being close to people talking, yelling or breathing. Even if you are wearing a scarf you limiting the spread of your droplets by far and even a less chance of being hit by SOME droplets.
[Reply]
Page 1054 of 3903
« First < 545549541004104410501051105210531054 105510561057105810641104115415542054 > Last »
Up