ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2261 of 2688
« First < 1261176121612211225122572258225922602261 2262226322642265227123112361 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
-King- 10:51 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I'm sure you'd like to pretend like that never happened, just like the offseason before when you claimed Veach needed to "change his approach" on attracting free agents.

God damn you're clueless.
Ok scrappy Doo :-).

I had an opinion on keeping Tyreek. Looks like it was wrong and hopefully it continues wrong. You had the same opinion until the trade happened and then magically you switched. Cause you can't dare have a differing opinion than Veach on a message board.

Thanks for taking another thread to talk about me though. It's been a while. I was missing the attention.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:54 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Payton: "He was best that I've ever evaluated coming out of college, and there's a gap before the next one. He was that good."

I mean that pretty much says it all.

It doesn’t say anything to me. If he really felt that way he had zero excuse not to get him. Like literally no excuse. People are judged by their actions not by what they later claim. Seems to me the obvious explanation is he DIDNT actually think that, based on his inaction
[Reply]
staylor26 10:56 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Ok scrappy Doo :-).

I had an opinion on keeping Tyreek. Looks like it was wrong and hopefully it continues wrong. You had the same opinion until the trade happened and then magically you switched. Cause you can't dare have a differing opinion than Veach on a message board.

Thanks for taking another thread to talk about me though. It's been a while. I was missing the attention.
It's almost as if I understand that we have the best in the business making these kinds of decisions in Andy/Veach, so I can keep an open mind when something unexpected happens.

Just admit that Veach dragged his nuts all over your face and move on.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:02 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Yeah, that's the part that makes me cringe whenever I hear something about a coach saying they wanted Mahomes.

I mean, good for you if you scouted him heavily and saw this kind of potential. But you have no excuse. If you had done a trade up to get him, Dorsey and Reid could be in that position right now saying they were going to do a trade up to get Mahomes, but at least they have the excuse of having to engineer a much bigger trade from 27th overall. You have no excuse just sitting there at 11.
This is all just positioning and public relations. I'm sure that he liked Mahomes if we assume that he knew anything about quarterbacks. But if he was that confident he would have traded up. You don't recognize the best quarterback in the world and then lose him because you didn't want to give up a second round pick in a trade. That's not a risk you take.

Half the GMs in the 1980s league have talked about how they saw Joe Montana's talent and would have taken him with their next pick if the 49ers hadn't taken him. In the third round.

The truth is that nine GMs didn't see Patrick Mahomes II's talent, and 22 others didn't see it well enough to engineer a trade up to get him. Only one team was smart enough to see his talent and make sure that they could get him.
[Reply]
-King- 11:02 AM 09-13-2022
It's almost as if I understand that we have the best in the business making these kinds of decisions in Andy/Veach, so I can keep an open mind when something unexpected happens.

Just admit that Veach dragged his nuts all over your face and move on.
Nah, I'd rather discuss stuff on a message board. Sometimes I'll be right, sometimes I'll be wrong.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:04 AM 09-13-2022
Nah, I'd rather discuss stuff on a message board. Sometimes I'll be right, sometimes I'll be wrong.
When you literally wouldn't shut up about it for months, you shouldn't be all that surprised that somebody comes shoving crow in your face.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:09 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

The truth is that nine GMs didn't see Patrick Mahomes II's talent, and 22 others didn't see it well enough to engineer a trade up to get him. Only one team was smart enough to see his talent and make sure that they could get him.
Ten GM's when you include Buffalo trading out of the 10th spot. But it worked out pretty good for Buffalo since they ended up with both a great QB and great defensive back.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:09 AM 09-13-2022
Check out his initial draft profile in 2017 on the NFL web site. It's very telling.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/patric...1-bb89191b4e71

They list a ton of strengths, and then look at the first six items on the list of weaknesses:

Can be inconsistent in his approach

Needs to play inside the offense and show more discipline

Too eager to go big game hunting

Ravenous appetite for the explosive play can also bring unwanted trouble

Willingness to default to playground style appears to limit his ability to get into a consistent rhythm

Needs to improve anticipatory reads and learn to take what the defense gives him

Every one of these is a strength if you're an open-minded coach/GM. But too many were locked into a box of what a quarterback should be, and that's how you end up with game manager quarterbacks. There's no doubt that a bunch of teams didn't see the talent because the talent wasn't cookie-cutter.
[Reply]
-King- 11:13 AM 09-13-2022
When you literally wouldn't shut up about it for months, you shouldn't be all that surprised that somebody comes shoving crow in your face.
I only talked about it in the Tyreek threads.

You talk about it in the Patrick Mahomes threads. Right after I post a cool video of a Patrick Mahomes pass.

You see the difference? :-)
[Reply]
crispystl 11:16 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Rams secondary looked pretty bad to me, including multiple blown coverage plays by their “great” Jalen Ramsey.
He looked like shit in the Superbowl too.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:17 AM 09-13-2022
I only talked about it in the Tyreek threads.

You talk about it in the Patrick Mahomes threads. Right after I post a cool video of a Patrick Mahomes pass.

You see the difference? :-)
Ok, so when I get a chance, I'll bump that thread so we can all have a good laugh at your expense :-)
[Reply]
-King- 11:17 AM 09-13-2022
Ok when I get a chance, I'll bump that thread so we can all have a good laugh at your expense :-)
You have a chance at it now. Go for it champ.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:33 AM 09-13-2022
Ok, so when I get a chance, I'll bump that thread so we can all have a good laugh at your expense :-)
Didn’t Ty’s replacement fumble?

Isn’t it just a tad early to declare this a win? I said it would be a win when we did it but I can’t claim that already nor should you
[Reply]
DRM08 11:39 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

Isn’t it just a tad early to declare this a win? I said it would be a win when we did it but I can’t claim that already nor should you
Not like Tyreek was perfect. He was a major contributor to KC's turnover issues last year.

You're correct that it's too early to say in either direction, but I do think there is *potential* for Mahomes to be a better QB if he simply focuses on spreading the ball to various guys instead of trying to force the ball to a superstar player.
[Reply]
bigjosh 11:47 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

Tyreeks replacement(s) from draft picks and money spent had 13 catches for 195 yards and 5 qb pressures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 2261 of 2688
« First < 1261176121612211225122572258225922602261 2262226322642265227123112361 > Last »
Up