ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1771 of 2688
« First < 771127116711721176117671768176917701771 17721773177417751781182118712271 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:43 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Oh Carl (in today's KC Star)...
KC traded up into the top 10 to grab Mahomes, Carl.

Kind of like when you traded up two picks to draft Ryan Sims. Except NOT a giant abortion
[Reply]
eDave 05:07 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
He actually got Revis to send condolences for a friend who died from a Marijuana "overdose." couldn't stop laughing.
:-)

Patrick Mahomes is a Blue Whale dick. On second thought, he should be added to this list: https://news.softpedia.com/news/Top-...es-60582.shtml

"We already have enough people taking jobs away from minorities." Damn.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:08 PM 01-23-2020
Don't know if we have a media-being-dipshits thread... I guess I'll put this here.

Stephen A Smith suggested Alex Smith could get to the Super Bowl with this Chiefs team. All so he could make the case that Mahomes, while great, is greatly assisted by his weapons.

Trey Wingo went on a righteous tirade on the radio. Good for him.

[Reply]
eDave 06:14 PM 01-23-2020
He's 1/2 brother, Stephen.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:14 PM 01-23-2020
it's a little sad Carl hasn't been seen at Arrowhead at all the last two years

i think Clark never liked him very much...like Eowyn watching with disgust as Grima Wormtongue whispered lies to King Theoden....

maybe he was a dick, but he was our dick, and no matter what he did wrong, he was never as wrong as Scooter

i'd cosplay as him
[Reply]
Chief Northman 06:17 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

i think Clark never liked him very much...like Eowyn watching with disgust as Grima Wormtongue whispered lies to King Theoden....

maybe he was a dick, but he was our dick, and no matter what he did wrong, he was never as wrong as Scooter

i'd cosplay as him
He had his time. Upward and onward.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:22 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Don't know if we have a media-being-dipshits thread... I guess I'll put this here.

Stephen A Smith suggested Alex Smith could get to the Super Bowl with this Chiefs team. All so he could make the case that Mahomes, while great, is greatly assisted by his weapons.

I found it interesting that the Titans hadn’t given up a TD in the last two minutes of the first half all year. Mahomes did it....and made it look fucking simple.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:24 PM 01-23-2020

Stephen A. is about half right. Based on the stats, could Alex have played well enough to get the Chiefs into the playoffs with the weapons he would've had this year at his disposal? Sure, no doubt he could.

However . . .

Could Alex do what Pat did in the playoffs? Could Alex come back from 24-0? 17-7?

The answer, I think we all know, is no way, no how. Alex is a very good middle-of-the-pack QB. But he's not the guy, regardless of the weapons given to him, that could pull of those two comebacks. Matter of fact, there's only a couple QBs that pull something like that off. And maybe neither of those two could do it twice in two weeks in the playoffs.

Wingo is ultimately right. Pat is in a class by himself.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:00 PM 01-23-2020

Did SAS not see the playoff game where A SMith missed a wide open Hill????
Sure, not the same defense....but .....oh my god.

He is like a politician. Says shit just to hear himself talk.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:20 PM 01-23-2020

I get what baby golic is trying to do. But I really wish we didn't have to compare an Alex season that was a clear positive outlier vs mahomes season that was a clear negative outlier (injuries, field conditions, etc...). The fact that people talk so much about the time mahomes was out and barely talk about how his numbers are negatively impacted by the times he played hurt speaks volumes about his toughness.
[Reply]
shitgoose 09:39 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

i'd cosplay as him
Carl has been around.

I saw him in the Founders Club last year for the AFCCG. Have a picture somewhere. Saw him in there again before the Texans game a few weeks ago.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:03 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Stephen A. is about half right. Based on the stats, could Alex have played well enough to get the Chiefs into the playoffs with the weapons he would've had this year at his disposal? Sure, no doubt he could.

However . . .

Could Alex do what Pat did in the playoffs? Could Alex come back from 24-0? 17-7?

The answer, I think we all know, is no way, no how. Alex is a very good middle-of-the-pack QB. But he's not the guy, regardless of the weapons given to him, that could pull of those two comebacks. Matter of fact, there's only a couple QBs that pull something like that off. And maybe neither of those two could do it twice in two weeks in the playoffs.

Wingo is ultimately right. Pat is in a class by himself.
The argument that Alex Smith's last season stats were similar to Mahomes stats this year is a bad one IMO. It's an interesting nugget but the holes in that are that Mahomes played in 1.75 less games and had a 1,300 yd rusher in Kareem Hunt. Kareem Hunt was also amazing in the passing game.

It was sooo much easier to chuck it deep that year with the presence of Kareem Hunt. You saw this offense with Kareem Hunt + Mahomes and it was frightening. Mahomes averaged 37 points a game with Kareem Hunt.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:25 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The argument that Alex Smith's last season stats were similar to Mahomes stats this year is a bad one IMO. It's an interesting nugget but the holes in that are that Mahomes played in 1.75 less games and had a 1,300 yd rusher in Kareem Hunt. Kareem Hunt was also amazing in the passing game.

It was sooo much easier to chuck it deep that year with the presence of Kareem Hunt. You saw this offense with Kareem Hunt + Mahomes and it was frightening. Mahomes averaged 37 points a game with Kareem Hunt.
Since the discussion revolves around just how valuable each QB might be, I think the advanced metric "PAA" is a good one. It helps show when the traditional stats might be pretty misleading.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/seaso...qbpaa/dir/desc

PAA = Points Added above Average QB

It sounds pretty similar to WAR in baseball. In 2017, Alex led the league in "traditional" passer rating. But his PAA grade was 6th in the league at +32 points above an average QB. Pretty damn good. Brady won the MVP and was graded +49 in PAA.

In 2019 season, Mahomes' traditional stats appear similar to Alex from 2017. But the PAA grade for Mahomes is +52 points, which was second in the league behind MVP Lamar Jackson at +63 points. Mahomes' 2018 season as MVP was graded +72 in PAA.

So Patrick's traditional stats were basically identical to Alex, yet his grade in this advanced metric is 60% higher than Alex (+52 vs +32)...and that was Alex's best year ever. 2019 featured Mahomes with nagging injuries, OL injuries, and so forth.

The bigger issue of course is the playoffs. Alex just could not get it done on the big stage. Mahomes is currently having an insane playoff run. They have graded him at +21 PAA through only 2 games. That's basically already tied the all-time record by Peyton Manning in 2009, except Manning needed 3 games to get to a +21 PAA grade. Russell Wilson had a freaking great performance in the playoffs and graded at +10.6 PAA for 2 games. Patrick doubles up his value. Mahomes is just off the charts good in this playoff run.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:27 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Goddamn Barry can be one funny mother****er :-)

Hilarious Condoning furries with gigantic asses. :-)

I saw his take on Burrow and was hoping he would break down Mahomes.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:08 AM 01-24-2020

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01-24-2020, 06:13 AM
This message has been deleted by Tribal Warfare.
Tribal Warfare 01-24-2020, 06:20 AM
This message has been deleted by Tribal Warfare.
Page 1771 of 2688
« First < 771127116711721176117671768176917701771 17721773177417751781182118712271 > Last »
Up