ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1762 of 2688
« First < 762126216621712175217581759176017611762 17631764176517661772181218622262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DRM08 07:28 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I'll give you a weird one.

When he was injured, I dreamed that he came back against the Titans. His first pass was in the middle of the field to Hill and was almost intercepted. His second play saw him drop back in the pocket and just collapse as he re-injured the knee by planting wrong or something.

When we ended up actually playing the Titans, his first pass was in the middle of the field to Hill and was almost intercepted. My entire body froze. What the...

Anyway, we know the rest. Super Bowl.
I don’t like the sound of that dream. Come up with some better ones!
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:32 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Man, I'm watching this Mahomes TD run and I'd love to see some sports guy break down this play with different camera angles.

First off, brilliantly sees the coverage.

Second, crazy to watch Mahomes' eyes. He has this moment as he's hesitating where he's looking behind him. I have no idea why. The hesitation was brilliant but I wonder if it was just a happy accident.

Then there's the presence of mind to know you have an extra timeout so you don't have to take the out of bounds. But then having the balls to take on 3 guys.

Then there's the outstanding ballhandling. How does Mahomes not fumble that ball. The Titans were doing a really really good job of jabbing at that ball. They actually stripped the ball as Mahomes went into the end zone and Mahomes does an outstanding job of securing it. Crazy to think that could easily have been a really costly turnover.

What a crazy play in so many ways.

Mahomes' subtle head fake on his TD run was crazy �� @PatrickMahomes @Chiefs pic.twitter.com/vJS7OiEJYx

— The Checkdown (@thecheckdown) January 19, 2020

Looks intentional to me - and made the whole play.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:25 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Looks intentional to me - and made the whole play.
That angle is awesome. Yup, sure does. On regular footage its almost like... What was he looking at? It looked like he was looking behind him the way he often looks back for a flag. But that angle? Yup, looks like a brilliant head fake.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:28 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
breathe the free air, friends

:-) 4.8 40
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:59 AM 01-20-2020
Folks outside of KC forget what a sturdy dude Mahomes is.

Look at it this way: Derrick Henry - 6'3", 240 lbs and evidently an impossible mountain of a human being to deal with.

Patrick Mahomes - 6'3", 230 lbs and evidently some wilting flower that you're going to be able to bully?

Now obviously Mahomes isn't built quite the same way as Henry and with less speed comes less force even at a similar mass. But still, Mahomes is a SOLID dude. This isn't some 6'5'', 220 lb guy that's gonna get wrecked out there.

Our boy is built for this, man.
[Reply]
golfindude 10:44 AM 01-20-2020
Patrick came from a Texas Tech team that had little blocking up front and little defense that made scoring every possession necessary. Besides the obvious talent he has, this is what made Patrick the QB he is today. IMHO,. I think he learned to use his head no matter the situation. Something I've not heard anyone mention is on the 4th TD of the prior Texans game. He knew he was close to the line of scrimmage so he drug his foot which made it plain on the reply he was behind the LOS. All the while looking for and finding Kelse for the TD. You might say he learned this style from the Texas Tech school of hard knocks.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:48 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Folks outside of KC forget what a sturdy dude Mahomes is.

Look at it this way: Derrick Henry - 6'3", 240 lbs and evidently an impossible mountain of a human being to deal with.

Patrick Mahomes - 6'3", 230 lbs and evidently some wilting flower that you're going to be able to bully?

Now obviously Mahomes isn't built quite the same way as Henry and with less speed comes less force even at a similar mass. But still, Mahomes is a SOLID dude. This isn't some 6'5'', 220 lb guy that's gonna get wrecked out there.

Our boy is built for this, man.
I keep saying, when you meet him in person, that boy THICC.

He's built like a linebacker.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:49 AM 01-20-2020
Veach said, " He's the best player I've ever seen."

That's why Veach is our GM now.

I second Veach's opinion.

in 42 years of watching football, he's the best player I've ever seen.

And he's ours.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:51 AM 01-20-2020
That's crazy to think back to the story about how Mahomes worked out a ton this offseason because he gained so much weight during the 2018 season and felt like he was too out of shape to run in 2018. I wonder what his 40 time would look like now.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:51 AM 01-20-2020
It's like....

if you took Payton Manning's brain, Tom Brady's will, and put them in Brett Favre's body.

It's incredible.
[Reply]
chinaski 11:08 AM 01-20-2020
Remember when I said 2019 has been an incredibly weird year for me? Well yeah.

Saturday I spent the day flying back to Los Angeles from Philadelphia (had a great time btw). FWIW, folks in Philly are all in for the Chiefs and Andy. They still LOVE him.

For the flight from Philadelphia to O'Hare, I was lucky enough to sit next to an attractive young woman who was very friendly. Pretty girls always make the time go by faster.

Getting to O'Hare, I ran into two Chiefs fans wearing Mahomes jersey's. I yelled a healthy "Go Chiefs!" as we passed each other in the terminal. It was reciprocated. I would imagine they were headed to the game. That was cool.

I had a 3 hour layover in Chicago, and while I won't discuss it on a public forum, something very magical and beautiful happened to me while I was there...just a simple connection with a complete stranger. That's all I will say.

On the flight from Chicago to LAX, I sat next to an elderly couple on their way to Japan...They were from Chicago. We had a conversation during the entire flight, shared our backgrounds etc. Upon learning that I was originally from KC, the man (Bears fan) said that the entire city of Chicago is still livid that they didn't draft Mahomes. As he said, "That kid is something else"

Arriving at LAX, I said my goodbyes to the complete stranger that I met at O'Hare. Will probably never see that person again, regardless, it was a cool moment in time that I got to spend with that person.

United Airlines lost my bag. It was delivered shortly after the Chiefs won the AFC Championship.

We are going to win the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:18 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by wasi:
Kudos to PMI for raising one hell of an impressive son, and I'm not even talking about PMII's football talent. So grounded, so humble, so intelligent, such a leader....seems too good to be true. We struck gold.
[Reply]
Coach 11:24 AM 01-20-2020
:-)

Who was that poster that said that Mahomes needed two or three years of development?

Oh, TiggerUppercut, I think.

What a sad individual. :-)
[Reply]
DRM08 11:33 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It's like....

if you took Payton Manning's brain, Tom Brady's will, and put them in Brett Favre's body.

It's incredible.
Vision around the field similar to Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson. What’s scary for NFL defenses is he is only 24 years old. He’s better now than he was a year ago, and I think he will keep getting better.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:49 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Vision around the field similar to Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson. What’s scary for NFL defenses is he is only 24 years old. He’s better now than he was a year ago, and I think he will keep getting better.
And Russ Wilson's pocket presence.
[Reply]
Page 1762 of 2688
« First < 762126216621712175217581759176017611762 17631764176517661772181218622262 > Last »
Up