ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1758 of 2688
« First < 758125816581708174817541755175617571758 17591760176117621768180818582258 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:10 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Man, people keep talking about Patrick Mahomes coming back from injury. As if he was just injured and then recovered. There isn't nearly enough said to how much this dude fought even when he was playing even while 50% healthy. I started watching some highlights from the year. Man, there are some moments where you can just see Mahomes really struggling to move and plant. Second half highlights in Indy and Houston you can really see him battling. Pat has really earned this. It's really cool to watch this now that we've seen him with that spring back in his step.

Don't forget thr the NE game when he was struggling with the bruised hand and was firing wounded ducks because he couldn't grip the ball.

Dude's had a hellish season from an injury standpoint.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:13 PM 01-17-2020
I think he's built to take the pounding though - this is part of why he will be great for a long time.

He doesn't look that big on TV, but in person, he was built like a linebacker.

He's a tank with a big 'ol cannon.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:21 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Don't forget thr the NE game when he was struggling with the bruised hand and was firing wounded ducks because he couldn't grip the ball.

Dude's had a hellish season from an injury standpoint.
Hot damn, I forgot about that.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 11:22 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Ya'll are way to excited over this. But I suppose since it's a QB in the first, and it's not Alex Smith it's OK.

We win the SB last year if we had a defense.

Not feeling it.
Lol
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 11:34 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
This guy is shit boys but go ahead and celebrate
Hahaha
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 11:39 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I think he's built to take the pounding though - this is part of why he will be great for a long time.

he’s got thicc old thunder thighs
[Reply]
carcosa 11:40 PM 01-17-2020
^ lmao @ R8RFAN
[Reply]
DRM08 11:41 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
For sure. There was always something. Chargers game with the awful field. Oakland game with the insane wind. It was the Oakland game after the bye week where we saw that burst again. I remember he almost threw an INT on a play where he exploded into a running throw, then the wind completely stopped the throw in its tracks. But I was just glad to see that quick acceleration burst we hadn't seen in a while.

And credit to Matt Moore too. If he looked like a disaster in Green Bay, who knows if they might have rushed Mahomes back to start vs. Minnesota. I know he's a free agent next year and Henne did nothing to lose his job, but damn did he get the job done when asked to do it. He's a big reason why we get to see this healthy version of Mahomes.
Moore deserves a ton of credit. Played his balls off against two pretty damn good playoff teams featuring franchise QB's and pretty solid defenses.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:42 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
he’s got thicc old thunder thighs
his arms and shoulders and neck are swoll, too

i feel like he could pin me down in a wrestling move and i'd get a boner - no homo
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:43 PM 01-17-2020
Remember like 3 days after the draft and a bit into mini-camp when some Chiefs fans were like, "He looks kinda fat, dontcha think?"
[Reply]
DRM08 11:48 PM 01-17-2020
Seemed like there was a lot of complaining that the offense seemed too much like Alex Smith this season. I think it was a very smart move by Reid to help protect Patrick. Questionable knee, questionable ankle, missing starters on the OL. Why let him take a ton of punishment on slow-developing downfield throws?

The goal is to get into the playoffs. You can do that with the Alex offense. And then you unleash hell with a healthier version of Mahomes and with bigger rewards on the line than just winning regular season games. It's OK to take more risks in the playoffs. If he gets hurt, big deal. Season over anyway.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:27 AM 01-18-2020
From June 18’
Originally Posted by BossChief:
4 years from now, Pat Mahomes will be the best quarterback in the whole league.
I never dreamed it would be as soon as he got on the field.

Before the PS 49ers game as a rook
Before going to camp, I had that exact opinion.

The kid has made huge strides and is out there every practice trying to get extra work in and has amazing tools. The ball flies off his wrist like no other. He's gonna torch the 49ers tomorrow night.

He is already a lot more advanced than I thought he would be.

In team work, he already identifies the Mike and gets everyone lined up in 11on 11 or 7 on 7.

I think he's gonna TAKE the job next year.
he took it and Alex got traded.

Andy Reid has said twice that Mahomes will “hit the ground running” in 2018 and literally glows about the kid.

I honestly won’t be the least bit surprised if Pat throws 40 tds next year.

The defense is going to give up a lot of points and Mahomes has ELITE skill position guys all over the field and is AMAZING at finding the open man or single coverage and giving him a chance to make a play.

He took backups into Denver against mostly their starters and threw for 286 yards. That extrapolated to almost 4600 yards over 16 games. That was against a top pass defense with no starters playing for KC.

Hill
Watkins
Ware
Hunt
Kelce
Conley

I’d say his FLOOR is 4200 yards with 28tds and 15 interceptions and his ceiling is 5000 yards, 45tds and 8-10ints.
never thought he’d hit 50tds but I almost nailed his ceiling

Arm: Favre
Mind: Manning
Legs: Elway
Heart: Montana

Mahomes is the next superstar quarterback for the NFL.

When he does sign endorsement deals, he’s gonna have some GREAT commercials.
perfect

He showed that Montana heart last week, that’s for sure...this kid could end up the best QB to ever play the game.
Already is.

Fight me
If Marino, Kermit, Favre and Elway had a baby, that baby would be Patrick Mahomes.
Lol

Bosstradamus
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:29 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

IMO, Patrick needs to lean out to put less stress on his patella tendon.

This would help him to avoid serious knee injury, or having it pop out again . It'll be critical considering his playing style when he throws across to the other side of the field putting extreme stress on the knee because of his body whip and torque.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:25 AM 01-18-2020
Have to check my math tomorrow to be sure, but I was messing around and it appears that since Pat Mahomes has been the starting QB for the Chiefs, KC has scored at least 21 points in a half 23 times out of a possible 64 halves. More than 30 points in a half three times. More than 20 points in a quarter 6 times.

He's a freak. He's playing Madden out there IRL.
[Reply]
redfan 06:08 PM 01-19-2020
Thank you for letting me live in a time where I can watch Patrick Mahomes play pro football.
And bonus: he plays for my hometown team!!
Thank you
[Reply]
Page 1758 of 2688
« First < 758125816581708174817541755175617571758 17591760176117621768180818582258 > Last »
Up