ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs draft rumor & plans for virtual draft
RunKC 08:50 AM 04-03-2020
Saw some news today I thought I’d share.

From Matt Miller’s article this morning:

Originally Posted by :
KANSAS CITY: The word on the scouting streets is that general manager Brett Veach wants to add more premium targets for Patrick Mahomes at quarterback, but don't rule out a trade back from No. 32 overall. Many sources around the league believe the Chiefs could move out of the first and pick up valuable Day 2 selections to pick up starter-level players at cornerback and running back.
From Nate Taylor (yes the athletic is free right now):

Originally Posted by :

In the past couple of weeks, after coaches, team personnel and players were encouraged to work from home, Reid, 62, has enjoyed learning the videoconference technology from companies such as Zoom and Webex. He, along with Veach, have interviewed some draft prospects via Webex. Coaches meetings have taken place on Zoom.

Reid knows it’s possible the Chiefs could make their draft selections with everyone at their respective homes. Teams were informed by the league Thursday that coaches, executives and scouts might be allowed to return to their facility for the draft with only 10 people in each room and everyone distanced at least 6 feet apart. The New Orleans Saints have planned to hold their war room at a brewery. Reid said the Chiefs are considering having their war room at a local hotel with certain people in different rooms.

“We haven’t put our finger down on one thing as of yet,” Reid said. “We’re approaching it like we’re having a season. At the same time, we’re very sensitive to everything going on.”

Reid agreed with the league’s decision to not postpone the draft. Beyond interviewing prospects via Webex, Reid is confident that Veach and the team’s scouting department can properly evaluate the talent in this year’s draft class. And when asked whether the draft could uplift fans’ emotions during the pandemic, Reid believed one of the league’s biggest annual events can be a welcome distraction.
The hotel idea sounds great.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:12 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I like Akers more than Taylor. I am leery of a RB with that much wear on the tires in college.
Yeah but that freaking speed!

And he's a great inside runner, which would really wreak havoc against opposing defenses because there's no way any defense could cover Mahomes, Hill, Hardman, Watkins, Kelce and Taylor.

They could run RPO's for days and would be absolutely insane.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 07:13 PM 04-04-2020
What I like about Taylor is he has put up serious numbers to show how talented he really is. We’re talking about a player who averaged over 2000 (6174) yards rushing per season and 55 total TDs in 3 seasons. I like Taylor or Dobbins for our offense.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:34 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
There's a WR from Michigan, can't remember his name, that tested off the charts athletically. He was with Patterson at QB who was awful, so he might be a worthwhile pick in round 3 or 4.

Donovan Peoples-Jones?
[Reply]
Chieftain 08:37 PM 04-04-2020
Taylor is a beast but I don't think he fits in our system like Akers does. Swift also fits well in our system but I don't see him fall to late second.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 08:58 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Dobbins, Swift or Taylor at #32 would be fine with me, although it seems like CPer's don't mention Taylor in that same breath.

Is that because he plays for a team that isn't on national TV every week or am I unaware of issues with him?
Watch for a day three pick at running back in Antonio Gibson from Memphis. 4.39 speed and elite pass catching ability. Perfect fit for our pass first offense.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU8dfjXf9QE
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:09 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think they could use better play from the interior linemen but to suggest having an all pro line instead of receivers is counterintuitive.

The only way to truly prevent QB hits is to get the ball out of his hands. Having weapons at TE, slot WR, and RB accomplish that.
It's not counterintuitive because in order to complete longer bigger pass plays you need time. Pat really doesn't have that luxury right now and took way too many hits and had far less big long pass plays this past season. And this also explains why Pat and the offense had trouble this past season and especially in the playoffs getting off to a good head start against very formidable defenses. Yes the ball needs to come out quick and having elite players helps BUT you limit those elite players ability for the longer bigger plays because your o-line really struggles with up the middle protection.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:23 PM 04-04-2020
Guys, our next RB is going to be Anthony McFarland. It's been decided
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:11 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Watch for a day three pick at running back in Antonio Gibson from Memphis. 4.39 speed and elite pass catching ability. Perfect fit for our pass first offense.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU8dfjXf9QE
Gotta love that size at 6’2 225, Mahomes wouldn’t have to look very hard to spot him running down the seam
[Reply]
Bowser 08:17 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Gotta love that size at 6’2 225, Mahomes wouldn’t have to look very hard to spot him running down the seam
Wheel routes all day long with that kid with Kelce over the middle, Tyreek going deep, and Sammy on a deep post.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:20 AM 04-05-2020
Gibson seems tailor made for Reid's offense.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:36 PM 04-06-2020
Matt Miller pod-

Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Lloyd Cushenberry getting legit first rd attention. Also said Cesar Ruiz is going rd 1. Might wanna get him off our board.

FTR I think Edwards-Helaire and Cushenberry are early rd 2 guys
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:37 PM 04-06-2020
If Queen or Fulton or Hall is there you gotta take one
[Reply]
RunKC 02:37 PM 04-06-2020
Also mentioned my guy Robert Hunt being looked as a beast (not 1st rd). Think he’s the 2nd best IOL and could fall only bc of injury and COVID19 limiting medical checks.

God I want that guy on our team so bad
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:39 PM 04-06-2020
Would you guys rather want a IOL or a LB or CB in the first round? Because right now if the season started we would have Ward and Alex Brown as our starting CBs and Niemann would be starting at LB
[Reply]
Mecca 02:56 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
If Queen or Fulton or Hall is there you gotta take one
Bryce Hall generally goes more 2 or 3 in every single mock I've seen.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up