ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 15
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs draft rumor & plans for virtual draft
RunKC 08:50 AM 04-03-2020
Saw some news today I thought I’d share.

From Matt Miller’s article this morning:

Originally Posted by :
KANSAS CITY: The word on the scouting streets is that general manager Brett Veach wants to add more premium targets for Patrick Mahomes at quarterback, but don't rule out a trade back from No. 32 overall. Many sources around the league believe the Chiefs could move out of the first and pick up valuable Day 2 selections to pick up starter-level players at cornerback and running back.
From Nate Taylor (yes the athletic is free right now):

Originally Posted by :

In the past couple of weeks, after coaches, team personnel and players were encouraged to work from home, Reid, 62, has enjoyed learning the videoconference technology from companies such as Zoom and Webex. He, along with Veach, have interviewed some draft prospects via Webex. Coaches meetings have taken place on Zoom.

Reid knows it’s possible the Chiefs could make their draft selections with everyone at their respective homes. Teams were informed by the league Thursday that coaches, executives and scouts might be allowed to return to their facility for the draft with only 10 people in each room and everyone distanced at least 6 feet apart. The New Orleans Saints have planned to hold their war room at a brewery. Reid said the Chiefs are considering having their war room at a local hotel with certain people in different rooms.

“We haven’t put our finger down on one thing as of yet,” Reid said. “We’re approaching it like we’re having a season. At the same time, we’re very sensitive to everything going on.”

Reid agreed with the league’s decision to not postpone the draft. Beyond interviewing prospects via Webex, Reid is confident that Veach and the team’s scouting department can properly evaluate the talent in this year’s draft class. And when asked whether the draft could uplift fans’ emotions during the pandemic, Reid believed one of the league’s biggest annual events can be a welcome distraction.
The hotel idea sounds great.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:55 PM 04-03-2020
The Chiefs FO is excellent at breaking down film. Given the current circumstances, that’s just about all that’s been allowed. I think we’ll do well.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:22 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
The last part of the tweet will enrage AP's drooling mindless followers
Not this guy.

Swift, Dobbins or Akers would just crush in this offense.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:03 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
The last part of the tweet will enrage AP's drooling mindless followers
Been wanting an upgrade at RB since the beginning of last season.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:07 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Been wanting an upgrade at RB since the beginning of last season.
I do as well, but I don't think a 1st is necessary. I'm not familiar with the runningbacks in the draft, certainly there must be some in the 3rd round range that would be viable?
[Reply]
TinyEvel 11:08 PM 04-03-2020
YES! The NFL front offices finally get to experience the frustration of an online draft like I do in fantasy football every season. :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:21 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Aside from QB, BPA wouldn’t be bad at all.

WR-losing Sammy and Robinson after 2020
RB-Another weapon, Damien won’t be here more than 2 years
OT-can cut Fisher if we draft one, save $$
G-definitely could use a dominant LG
C-same ^^^
TE-Another weapon and Kelce is 30. Wouldn’t have to pay new TE until Kelce is 35.
DE-Tanoh is in contract year, Okafor can’t be kept at 2021 price and Ogbah is gone. Pass rush is key
DT-Another interior rusher next to Jones? Hell yeah. We don’t have a good interior rusher there outside of him (Speaks is unproven). Could also go entire contract before having to pay drafted player.
LB-obvious need
CB-obvious need
S-imagine a first rd safety would be able to play all over. No problem with that

I don’t like some of those positions for rd 1, but honestly it really wouldn’t bother me too much. What may not be a need now could be a need in 2 or 3 years and help benefit us cap wise.
There is no way this team is releasing Fisher and letting a rookie protect Pat's blind side. After seeing what Patrick endured after Fisher went down I don't know how anyone could think releasing him is a good idea. Fisher is a top 10-15 tackle. Hes really become a damn good LT.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:30 PM 04-03-2020
Hopefully we draft a MLB with our first pick. We've not had a borderline elite - elite LB since 2015 DJ. Hell in the last 20+ years besides DJ who have we had at LB that you would consider great?

Getting an awesome LB would be awesome lol. I loved Derrick Johnson and would love to have someone with just 95% of his talent.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:34 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I do as well, but I don't think a 1st is necessary. I'm not familiar with the runningbacks in the draft, certainly there must be some in the 3rd round range that would be viable?
I really like Dobbins myself.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:03 AM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Hopefully we draft a MLB with our first pick. We've not had a borderline elite - elite LB since 2015 DJ. Hell in the last 20+ years besides DJ who have we had at LB that you would consider great?

Getting an awesome LB would be awesome lol. I loved Derrick Johnson and would love to have someone with just 95% of his talent.
Donnie Edwards?
[Reply]
tk13 01:05 AM 04-04-2020
Andy Reid has a long, long 20 year track record of drafting RBs in the middle rounds of the draft and turning them into stars. If they feel there's a crazy talented one left at 32 I could see them going for it though. I can see Veach doing what the Colts used to do with Manning... they had a top 5 offense almost every year and they were never afraid to go offense. Reggie Wayne, Addai, Dallas Clark. Just keep adding pieces.
[Reply]
Chieftain 01:15 AM 04-04-2020
We will have plenty of cap space next year so if we draft well in this draft, I can see a dynasty for years and years to come. I truly believe that Mahomes with Veach as GM putting the pieces around him can win at least 5 Super Bowls.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:28 AM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Andy at the hotel room: "Press 1 to make a draft selection. Press 0 to order room service".

The pressure will be real.
"The Kansas City Chiefs select a.. .. a #7 with extra everything and even more french fries and a diet coke?"
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:35 AM 04-04-2020
I trust Andy and Veach
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:51 AM 04-04-2020
To me, it’s all about the value. Don’t reach on someone just to fill a position of anticipated need.

This is an incredibly deep draft for WR, especially. You can get a player who would have been the top wideout in his class, potentially, with your first pick. That’s something they have to consider.

Yes, it is a luxury for 2020, but it gives them so much more flexibility for 2021 if they have another dynamic threat at WR to pair with Hill and Kelce (who will become less dynamic over time).

RB thought kind of works the same way.

CB is important in the NFL, but in this scheme it seems like DL and S are more important.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:20 AM 04-04-2020
FYI

ESPN2 is running all of the Peyton's Places episodes today.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 15
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up