ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 15
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs draft rumor & plans for virtual draft
RunKC 08:50 AM 04-03-2020
Saw some news today I thought I’d share.

From Matt Miller’s article this morning:

Originally Posted by :
KANSAS CITY: The word on the scouting streets is that general manager Brett Veach wants to add more premium targets for Patrick Mahomes at quarterback, but don't rule out a trade back from No. 32 overall. Many sources around the league believe the Chiefs could move out of the first and pick up valuable Day 2 selections to pick up starter-level players at cornerback and running back.
From Nate Taylor (yes the athletic is free right now):

Originally Posted by :

In the past couple of weeks, after coaches, team personnel and players were encouraged to work from home, Reid, 62, has enjoyed learning the videoconference technology from companies such as Zoom and Webex. He, along with Veach, have interviewed some draft prospects via Webex. Coaches meetings have taken place on Zoom.

Reid knows it’s possible the Chiefs could make their draft selections with everyone at their respective homes. Teams were informed by the league Thursday that coaches, executives and scouts might be allowed to return to their facility for the draft with only 10 people in each room and everyone distanced at least 6 feet apart. The New Orleans Saints have planned to hold their war room at a brewery. Reid said the Chiefs are considering having their war room at a local hotel with certain people in different rooms.

“We haven’t put our finger down on one thing as of yet,” Reid said. “We’re approaching it like we’re having a season. At the same time, we’re very sensitive to everything going on.”

Reid agreed with the league’s decision to not postpone the draft. Beyond interviewing prospects via Webex, Reid is confident that Veach and the team’s scouting department can properly evaluate the talent in this year’s draft class. And when asked whether the draft could uplift fans’ emotions during the pandemic, Reid believed one of the league’s biggest annual events can be a welcome distraction.
The hotel idea sounds great.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:52 AM 04-03-2020
Yep, protect the Mahomes investment
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:55 AM 04-03-2020
What exactly does weapons mean? I hope runningback. We have our entire WR core locked up for next year, so any WR we draft would likely be no better than #4 or #5 on the depth chart. Not exactly a pressing need at the moment considering our other needs.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:56 AM 04-03-2020
I've been running mocks moving out of the first and and picking up extra picks. I'm always happy with what I end up with.

I predict that's what Veach ends up doing. Seems like there's a LOT of real talent in the second, third and depending on position even into the fourth rounds
[Reply]
staylor26 08:57 AM 04-03-2020
Our front office appears to not be scared of the challenges his years draft will present. You’d think we’d be one of the loudest voices against it considering our late start as well.

If they knock this draft out of the park, it would be a huge factor in our potential dynasty.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:57 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
What exactly does weapons mean? I hope runningback. We have our entire WR core locked up for next year, so any WR we draft would likely be no better than #4 or #5 on the depth chart. Not exactly a pressing need at the moment considering our other needs.
We’re also going to be down at least two WRs next year. Draft one now and let him learn the system during a shortened year.
[Reply]
58-4ever 08:57 AM 04-03-2020
they won't be in separate rooms, but it's a cute story. they just don't want the social distancing police to be up in arms.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:58 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We’re also going to be down at least two WRs next year. Draft one now and let him learn the system during a shortened year.
Nope. Every early draft pick MUST contribute year 1. No excuses!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:59 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:

Well, a Cam Akers in the third or a McFarland in the 4th would be nice pieces.

bolstering the offensive line is a necessity.

And a Lynn Bowden in the the fourth would be a fun swiss army knife for Reid to play with; a former #1 WR who played QB last season for Kentucky due to injury issues at the position and actually did well as a dual threat QB. WR screens that are actually laterals and then bombs downfield, that could be a lot of fun.
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:59 AM 04-03-2020
More Fatties!!!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:00 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
More Fatties!!!
need at least a C or a G that's ready to play, I agree.

One in the draft, one in FA.

Gotta fix that interior.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:02 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, a Cam Akers in the third or a McFarland in the 4th would be nice pieces.

bolstering the offensive line is a necessity.

And a Lynn Bowden in the the fourth would be a fun swiss army knife for Reid to play with; a former #1 WR who played QB last season for Kentucky due to injury issues at the position and actually did well as a dual threat QB. WR screens that are actually laterals and then bombs downfield, that could be a lot of fun.
And I'm totally fine with that, I just hope we don't spend a 1st or 2nd on one.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:08 AM 04-03-2020
I’ve been sharing the news that I’ve seen for over a month about this draft. It’s a damn good draft that’s has quality depth from pick 25 to roughly 115.

There’s going to be starting caliber players in rd 3 to early rd 4, which is why I want Veach to try to accumulate 2 more picks in that area.

And yeah I think “weapons” for Veach means another starting caliber RB and developmental receiver. It’s no secret that we struggled at RB last year. Damien Williams was hurt and Shady fumbled while Darwin doesn’t look like a starter.

Get an extra pick or two and get one of these RB’s.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:18 AM 04-03-2020
I’d be fine with trading back. Given we only have 5 picks, it seems like the smart route to go.

If we could somehow get a first for Jones and trade both first rounders, then we could have like 8-9 picks instead of 5. Have to get a first or a good package of picks for Jones though. Otherwise, just sign him.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:19 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I've been running mocks moving out of the first and and picking up extra picks. I'm always happy with what I end up with.

I predict that's what Veach ends up doing. Seems like there's a LOT of real talent in the second, third and depending on position even into the fourth rounds
what picks are you typically getting in return ive seen some wild speculation
[Reply]
Page 1 of 15
1 234511 > Last »
Up