ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs and Chris Jones working towards a long term deal. .
DTVietnam 06:19 AM 04-03-2020
not sure how valid this source is. .

The #Chiefs are planning to keep DL Chris Jones.

— Chiefs Daily (@chiefsdaily15) April 3, 2020

The #Chiefs & Jones will work towards a long-term deal even though it will be very tough. Both sides have interest. Let’s see what happens.

News came from @AdamSchefter

— Chiefs Daily (@chiefsdaily15) April 3, 2020

[Reply]
Rasputin 07:15 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Chiefs were never really in cap hell dude.

If you say so but working with $177 if that's accurate isn't very good either bro.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:17 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
If you say so but working with $177 if that's accurate isn't very good either bro.
That is mainly because of the deals Veach signed.....
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:23 AM 04-03-2020
So, basically, absolutely zero new info.

Just the same thing we already knew.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:24 AM 04-03-2020
That is mainly because of the deals Veach signed.....
That won us a Super Bowl so I'm giving Veach credit where credit is do.

We are also keeping much of the team intact for another glorious run to the Super Bowl so we got that going for us thanks in part by Brett Veach. Am I wrong? You can continue to pointlessly point out anything you want but still Veach is making us Super Bowl Champions and for that I am grateful and Dorsey was fired for a reason or two so I'm going assume and no fucks given if I'm wrong that partly was because of deals he made that were hurting our cap space and Clark Hunt felt the need to fire him in place for Brett Veach and it's paid off.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:38 AM 04-03-2020
To get a long term deal?

It would actually lower his cap number this year since you can fanagle the numbers around.
yeah, but the bill comes due regardless. If the cap hit is less this year, it'll be more next year, and the year after that.

And in the next year or so we're going to have Mahomes' deal on the table.

I don't see how you can pay 1/2 of your front 4 $45 million per.
[Reply]
Dante84 07:41 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by seaofred:
Schefter did a #AskAdamSchefter thing on twitter and one of the questions was about Jones. That is where the guy in the OP got his info.
This. It sounded like Schefter was speculating, not reporting a new lead. womp womp.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:52 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Whatever Veach decides I'm good with.
This is pretty much all that needs to be said.

For the first time in 25 years, I'm not the least bit worried about what the Chiefs do in the off-season.

We have the best QB on the planet, one of the best head coaches in NFL history, a 2 time Super Bowl winning defensive coordinator who completely changed the culture in one single year, & Clark and Mathieu to lead that unit on the field. Not to mention one of the best young GM's in football.

No matter what happens with Chris Jones, the Chiefs will win the AFC West next year and be right in the mix to win another Super Bowl title. It is such a great feeling to know that we don't have to stress over every single move they make anymore.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:01 AM 04-03-2020
I don't see how this can happen and not screw our cap totally up. The only way is if Chris came down on his demands. He was offered 100 for 6 and declined last year. 810 reported that.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:06 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:

For the first time in 25 years, I'm not the least bit worried about what the Chiefs do in the off-season.

We have the best QB on the planet, one of the best head coaches in NFL history, a 2 time Super Bowl winning defensive coordinator who completely changed the culture in one single year, & Clark and Mathieu to lead that unit on the field. Not to mention one of the best young GM's in football.

No matter what happens with Chris Jones, the Chiefs will win the AFC West next year and be right in the mix to win another Super Bowl title. It is such a great feeling to know that we don't have to stress over every single move they make anymore.
:-) Well said.

Good post, noob.
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:16 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
So, basically, absolutely zero new info.

Just the same thing we already knew.
Yeah, water is still wet
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:23 AM 04-03-2020
To get a long term deal?

It would actually lower his cap number this year since you can fanagle the numbers around.
Maybe. Eventually Mahomes $40 million contract needs to be paid and we are going to lose essential players. Thats our life as fans going forward. But.............we have Patrick fucking Mahomes. Life is good! :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:24 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:

Agreed. Solid n00b post.

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
:-) Well said.

Good post, noob.

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:37 AM 04-03-2020
Clearly KC is the place to be. This is special.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:53 AM 04-03-2020
Has he even signed his franchise tag yet?
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:54 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I don't see how this can happen and not screw our cap totally up. The only way is if Chris came down on his demands. He was offered 100 for 6 and declined last year. 810 reported that.
Funny that 810 is the only one that’s reported that.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up