ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 21
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins will officially be back
carcosa 03:39 AM 04-03-2020

The Chiefs have reached an agreement with Sammy Watkins on a new 1-year deal that will pay him a base of $9m for 2020 with an incentive package that can reach $16m, a source tells me.

The move creates $5m in cap space for the Chiefs to operate this offseason.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) April 3, 2020

I think this is nice!
[Reply]
NY CHIEF 05:45 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I find it interesting that after hearing the news of Watkins staying that some of you now think we can afford to draft a running back with one of our first three picks. Nothing has changed. Its still CB, LB, IOL.
Agree........
[Reply]
staylor26 05:48 AM 04-03-2020
I find it interesting that after hearing the news of Watkins staying that some of you now think we can afford to draft a running back with one of our first three picks. Nothing has changed. Its still CB, LB, IOL.
First off, nobody said we are for sure going to do that.

Second, you don’t go into any draft saying “we have to draft these 3 positions in the first 3 rounds”. You don’t draft based solely on needs. That’s how you end up with shit drafts, especially when picking at the bottom of every round. You want to argue that we can’t afford to take a RB on the 1st? I can understand that, but to say we can’t draft one in the first 3 rounds before we even know who will be available at those picks is silly.
[Reply]
YayMike 05:52 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Second, you don’t go into any draft saying “we have to draft these 3 positions in the first 3 rounds”. You don’t draft based solely on needs. That’s how you end up with shit drafts, especially when picking at the bottom of every round. You want to argue that we can’t afford to take a RB on the 1st? I can understand that, but to say we can’t draft one in the first 3 rounds before we even know who will be available at those picks is silly.
Well stated.
[Reply]
Chieftain 05:56 AM 04-03-2020
I would be totally open to the idea of trading Jones for a 1st and 2nd from this year's draft. I would use the 1st to draft a guy like AJ Epenesa. And the second on Gladney or Diggs. Who is willing to give up that much though is the question..??!
[Reply]
YayMike 05:59 AM 04-03-2020

Also willing to bet that we entertain trading back out of the first for an extra pick or two. Drop down into early 2nd for a 4th or 5th. That way we can address IOL in 4th or 5th, Entertaining the best 2 WR/RB/cb/LB with our 2 second round picks.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:00 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
There I was, minding my own business posting on Chiefsplanet when I heard a knock on the door. As I was not expecting visitors and just finished showering I answered in my bathrobe with nothing on underneath.

Upon opening the door and to my surprise I was greeted by two young, supple, voluptuous, college girls, one blonde the other brunette who lost their dog and wanted to know if I've seen him.

As they were visibly upset I invited them in and offered them a drink...
Were you a Sophomore attending a large Midwestern university while thinking nothing like that would ever happen to you?
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 06:05 AM 04-03-2020
Good. That buys us a year to find a new bigger target receiver.

5 million in cap space let's us sign our draft class but not much else, right?
[Reply]
Hoover 06:07 AM 04-03-2020

Sure. Agree with this. But I tell you this. We are not drafting a fucking running back in the first three rounds. It doesn't make an fucking sense.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:09 AM 04-03-2020
Why just 1 year?
[Reply]
Hoover 06:09 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by YayMike:
That way we can address IOL in 4th or 5th,
Jesus fuck.

IOL is a huge need, but yeah, lets throw a a 4th or a 5th rounder at it and call it good.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:13 AM 04-03-2020
On one hand I'm glad he's back, on the other I'm disappointed that we are still paying him what we are. Wonder what 2021 costs us and how much we can save if we cut him?
We were going to be paying him 7 mil regardless so only paying him 9 mil to actually play for us is a great deal. Now because it's being reported we are only saving 5 mil in space that must mean that all of the incentives are listed as likely to be earned which will still count against our cap. But if he doesnt hit them, then we will get that money back on next years cap. I'm guessing this actually clears more space than that though with some of the incentives being declared unlikely to be earned.
[Reply]
IUsedToBeATightEnd 06:16 AM 04-03-2020
No way. We need to improve the running game in order to keep Mahomes out of trouble.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:16 AM 04-03-2020
Sure. Agree with this. But I tell you this. We are not drafting a fucking running back in the first three rounds. It doesn't make an fucking sense.
It does if you’re sitting there in the 2nd and Clyde Edwards-Helaire is somehow available, or you’re sitting their in the 3rd and Cam Akers has fallen into your lap.

Sure, ideally I would absolutely agree that CB/LB/IOL would be our first 3 picks, but I’m not taking a significantly lesser guy at those positions if there’s a stud RB on the board.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:18 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by e3263518:
I would be totally open to the idea of trading Jones for a 1st and 2nd from this year's draft. I would use the 1st to draft a guy like AJ Epenesa. And the second on Gladney or Diggs. Who is willing to give up that much though is the question..??!
Theres a school of thought out there that teams who trust their scouting department less, may be more likely to trade for a known commodity than take a chance in a year where they cant do in person interviews, physicals and workouts. I personally have my fingers crossed this happens, if we could obtain a first and a third id be thrilled. Then possibly trade our first down. have a 1,2,2,3,3 in this draft could set this team up for several years.
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:19 AM 04-03-2020
Sammy seems nice!!!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 21
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up