ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 21
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins will officially be back
carcosa 03:39 AM 04-03-2020

The Chiefs have reached an agreement with Sammy Watkins on a new 1-year deal that will pay him a base of $9m for 2020 with an incentive package that can reach $16m, a source tells me.

The move creates $5m in cap space for the Chiefs to operate this offseason.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) April 3, 2020

I think this is nice!
[Reply]
Chieftain 04:22 AM 04-03-2020
Now sign Jones and draft a LB, CB and RB with the first 3 picks.
[Reply]
Chieftain 04:25 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
but he was under contract for 1 year 21M already.
Paylor phrased it as a new contract that will pay him for the 2020 season. So basically an adjustment of his current deal that had one year left.
[Reply]
Wilson8 04:26 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
but he was under contract for 1 year 21M already.
New deal negotiated for 2020. Sammy stays on the Chiefs for the 2020 season with a base of $9 M. His prior base was $13.750 M. I guess he saw an advantage to staying in KC rather than get cut and playing elsewhere for 2020.

Also Chiefs saw an advantage in keeping Sammy and paying him $9 M plus a possible $7 M in incentives, rather than cutting him and gaining $14 M of cap space.

We've all been waiting for some kind of new deal to happen.
[Reply]
Chieftain 04:33 AM 04-03-2020
I am really happy we have kept our receiver core intact. We need to bolster our D in this draft. I wouldn't be upset if we picked up a C like Cesar Ruiz with the first pick.
[Reply]
Chiefs Moon 04:46 AM 04-03-2020
If Jones isn't traded, it may be because he has priced himself out of a deal with another team. But, based on talent, he should bring a first and second round pick. If the Chiefs traded back a few spots with that first round pick, they could end up eight selections in a draft with good talent.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 04:50 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
New deal negotiated for 2020. Sammy stays on the Chiefs for the 2020 season with a base of $9 M. His prior base was $13.750 M. I guess he saw an advantage to staying in KC rather than get cut and playing elsewhere for 2020.

Also Chiefs saw an advantage in keeping Sammy and paying him $9 M plus a possible $7 M in incentives, rather than cutting him and gaining $14 M of cap space.

We've all been waiting for some kind of new deal to happen.
He realized he had no leverage. If he's cut, no one is throwing big money his way because of how deep the WR class is. So his best chance at a big deal was always to come back and try and put up big numbers with the best QB and offense in the league, then hit FA next year and when the WR market is better.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 04:55 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefs Moon:
If Jones isn't traded, it may be because he has priced himself out of a deal with another team. But, based on talent, he should bring a first and second round pick. If the Chiefs traded back a few spots with that first round pick, they could end up eight selections in a draft with good talent.
Very Watkins related. Thanks!
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:02 AM 04-03-2020
carcosa with the big news break!

Trivia King... Chiefs insider... is there anything this man can't do?
[Reply]
Otter 05:10 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Are you a writer for Penthouse Forum?
There I was, minding my own business posting on Chiefsplanet when I heard a knock on the door. As I was not expecting visitors and just finished showering I answered in my bathrobe with nothing on underneath.

Upon opening the door and to my surprise I was greeted by two young, supple, voluptuous, college girls, one blonde the other brunette who lost their dog and wanted to know if I've seen him.

As they were visibly upset I invited them in and offered them a drink...
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:13 AM 04-03-2020
Why the hell not. The Wrs are all in.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:21 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
We have a QB that can and will hit anyone at anytime and with Hill drawing so much attention they're gonna be tough to stop again next season barring injury.

We're in the apex of Chiefs fandom.
Originally Posted by Otter:
There I was, minding my own business posting on Chiefsplanet when I heard a knock on the door. As I was not expecting visitors and just finished showering I answered in my bathrobe with nothing on underneath.

Upon opening the door and to my surprise I was greeted by two young, supple, voluptuous, college girls, one blonde the other brunette who lost their dog and wanted to know if I've seen him.

As they were visibly upset I invited them in and offered them a drink...

:-) no not quite what I was looking for but if you would expand on that first post of yours to capture the essence of Mahomes and Hill and gang banging our opponents to another Super Bowl back to back champio oh i just jizzed
[Reply]
Munson 05:23 AM 04-03-2020
This is the best news I've heard all day!
[Reply]
staylor26 05:32 AM 04-03-2020
Holy shit. The thought of having Watkins and Robinson coming back, Hardman in year 2, and possible upgrades at IOL/RB makes me think Mahomes will throw 40+ TD’s again.
[Reply]
Hoover 05:40 AM 04-03-2020
I find it interesting that after hearing the news of Watkins staying that some of you now think we can afford to draft a running back with one of our first three picks. Nothing has changed. Its still CB, LB, IOL.
[Reply]
Monty 05:44 AM 04-03-2020
Great news!! :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 21
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up