ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How are you holding up?
10 - Life is good. Not sure what everyone's freaking out about. 26 10.97%
9 12 5.06%
8 36 15.19%
7 29 12.24%
6 18 7.59%
5 - Eh, it's fine, but not great. 64 27.00%
4 24 10.13%
3 9 3.80%
2 6 2.53%
1 3 1.27%
0 - Dude. This sucks hard. 10 4.22%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll
Page 33 of 59
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How are you holding up?
DaFace 09:22 PM 03-21-2020
Just curious how the community at large is holding up these days. That's all.
[Reply]
luv 10:14 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I don't envy your circumstance and agree with your concern for your mother...she needs to look out for number one and her health.

I hesitate to post my thoughts on what to say to the brother.
That he's a piece of shit, or something similar (or, knowing you, more colorful...lol)? Trust me, I won't get offended.
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:22 AM 04-03-2020
I'd hope the man of the house would step up and put his foot down and say no....but if they have allowed him to live there until he's almost 50....I'd guess that isn't going to happen.

Get on the internet and purchase a slug of attire and posters for the politicians who trigger him the most and paste the F out of his room before he gets there.

The truth is, I doubt you can do much but bring drama to yourself by intervention but I think you owe it to your mother to strongly encourage her to leave him out to the wolves. He's made his bed, he can figure it out. I'm trying to be nice....
[Reply]
luv 11:08 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I'd hope the man of the house would step up and put his foot down and say no....but if they have allowed him to live there until he's almost 50....I'd guess that isn't going to happen.

Get on the internet and purchase a slug of attire and posters for the politicians who trigger him the most and paste the F out of his room before he gets there.

The truth is, I doubt you can do much but bring drama to yourself by intervention but I think you owe it to your mother to strongly encourage her to leave him out to the wolves. He's made his bed, he can figure it out. I'm trying to be nice....
Yeah. I've pretty much told her what I can. Either he doesn't stay there, or she doesn't come for her weekly visits with her grandson for three weeks. I'm not taking any chances. I wish he'd stay up there. Being homeless up there is probably easier than in SWMO.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:58 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
Posted this in another thread, but maybe it will get some more discussion in here, as the other thread is more for technical talk.

Long story related to family drama (aka my brother)...

Short history on my older brother. Ex-con, pathological liar, self-centered, would rather be homeless than hold down a job. He's 47 and, until he went to DC last September, lived with my mom and stepdad.

Short history on my mom. Very easy to take advantage of. Enabler.

Okay, so my brother has been in DC since last September protesting everything and anything Donald Trump or Mitch McConnell. He texted my mom to tell her that he's coming home. With the state of things, they cannot assemble to protest, so he has to come back. In all likelihood, the people he's staying with have gotten fed up and finally kicked his ass out. Anyway, not the point. He plans to take a bus home from an area that is basically a hot spot.

My mom frequently has bronchitis, and she has chronic heart disease. My stepdad has an extremely low white blood cell count and lung issues. I told her that she shouldn't pick him up from the bus terminal, and that he should not be allowed in their door for at least two weeks. She said that she's going to "have him get tested" when he gets home. I don't think she realizes that tests are in limited supply, so he can't get tested "just because," or that, even if he could and it's negative, he could be a carrier for at least two weeks. She said that my stepdad is pretty nervous, and I'm thinking, "Uh...duh." In order to try to deter her from letting him in, I told her that she would not be allowed to come over for at least three weeks after he gets back. Not sure if that's going to work or not. I am going to protect my house, though.

Anyway, my boyfriend suggested seeing if there's a weekly rental or shelter somewhere near my mom's house that he could stay in for a couple of weeks after he gets back. I don't know much about those places, so I have no clue what's available. I wasn't even thinking about that, so he's being nicer than I am. I was thinking a cardboard box and a bucket in the woods somewhere...lol.

Just worried about my mom. I seriously doubt she puts her foot down about him staying there. Just pissed that my brother, who has no issue being homeless and panhandling, would think this is a good time to come home. I do not see how the two of us came from the same parents.
Only thing I’d know is to see if he can get a cheap ass hotel room somewhere for 2 weeks.

Best of luck. Glad you are taking care of yourself.

My wife’s parents are pretty obstinate about things sometimes and all of her sisters want to change them and fix their life. Which they don’t want. So I finally convinced her it’s better for them if she lets them be. Because they’re obviously not open to suggestion, even if it isn’t rational or even healthy.
[Reply]
stumppy 06:06 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
Yeah. I've pretty much told her what I can. Either he doesn't stay there, or she doesn't come for her weekly visits with her grandson for three weeks. I'm not taking any chances. I wish he'd stay up there. Being homeless up there is probably easier than in SWMO.
There you go. You have no control over what your mom and brother do. You do have control over what you do.
If then enabling hasn't stopped by now it never will.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:21 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Just heard stimulus checks for those who file paper returns won't see a check until September.

Six months from now? That doesn't help me.

WHAT'S THE POINT?
Yikes. Talk about useless.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:27 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Just heard stimulus checks for those who file paper returns won't see a check until September.

Six months from now? That doesn't help me.

WHAT'S THE POINT?
It'll almost certainly be faster than that. They're starting with the lowest income filers in brackets of $10k each week, so most people will get theirs in the first month or two.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:37 PM 04-04-2020
Missing my daughter. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:38 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Missing my daughter. :-)
Forgive me. I missed something. Where’s you’re daughter?
[Reply]
Sorry 01:54 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I've never seen a more efficiant drive through than In-N-Out tonight.
All my double doubles with well done animal fries have been ON POINT lol
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:21 PM 04-04-2020
Taught the younger son how to hang a storm door. That was fun.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:27 AM 04-05-2020
the girl across the street is making masks.

Wore it to the store yesterday.. Glad I did.

Hyvee made each isle one way. ok with that. Some still do not understand social distancing. WTF people????

The guy starting to sneeze almost put me over the edge.

I do feel sorry for the workers. Few had masks.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:38 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Forgive me. I missed something. Where’s you’re daughter?
Keeping herself quarantined. Didn't mean for that to sound so cryptic. I'm an Android heathen, so she's mad at me that we can't facetime, lol.

Just miss hanging with the kid, that's all. It's a downer.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:42 AM 04-05-2020
Keeping herself quarantined. Didn't mean for that to sound so cryptic. I'm an Android heathen, so she's mad at me that we can't facetime, lol.

Both of you need to install Google Duo. It allows face to face between android and apple.

And F apple. brainwashed their customers.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:50 AM 04-05-2020

Right on.

There are Skype and some other shit apps for both platforms, I think Facebook messenger will let you do It. but she’s right face time is superior.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 59
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Up