ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Sonic The Hedgehog (2019)
Sassy Squatch 10:16 PM 05-01-2019

Jesus ****ing Christ this looks like a legit contender to be one of the worst movies of all time. What the **** is Jim Carrey thinking?!? :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:14 PM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Sonic is one of those franchises just running on fumes.
There was a stretch of time where Sonic games were quite good, mostly up to the genesis. Once they went 3D with Sonic Adventure shit started going sideways until Sonic 06 pretty much killed any good will the franchise had left. Funniest part is they finally started to build it back up with a couple of decent games in Colors and Generations, but then Sonic Boom buried it even worse than 06.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:56 PM 05-02-2019
I could never get into anything Sonic beyond Sega Genesis.

Those first couple were awesome, though, and the sounds are iconic. I can hear the Green Zone theme song, the speed ball, and getting close to drowning warning in my head like I'm 5 years old again.

I've actually had the sonic ring sound as my text tone for months now.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:54 PM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Just discussing the high quality content like Game of Thrones or Endgame would get monotonous. We need to celebrate the absolute worst of the worst as well.
MST3K and Rifftrax will have plenty to work with...
[Reply]
listopencil 01:29 AM 05-03-2019
The music choice is a thousand times worse. 'Gangsters Paradise'? Really? Where's the cringy butt rock that I grew up with?
The music is appropriate. That song was released in 1995, and the movie looks like it was released in 1995.
[Reply]
cabletech94 05:12 AM 05-03-2019
they'd better get urkel to properly voice sonic is all im saying.....
[Reply]
Bowser 07:34 AM 05-03-2019
This movie is going to make Adam Sandler's Pixels look like motherfucking Casablanca.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:41 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
they'd better get urkel to properly voice sonic is all im saying.....
Jaleel White just did a Sonic fan film a few years ago. That's who I would have gotten too.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:23 AM 11-12-2019
That's much better.

https://youtu.be/szby7ZHLnkA
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:08 AM 02-13-2020
70% on Rotten Tomatoes with 63 reviews. Very surprised.

I'll probably take my kid to see it. How huge was the Sonic character remake now.

Critics Consensus
Fittingly fleet and frequently fun,*Sonic the Hedgehog*is a video game-inspired adventure the whole family can enjoy -- and a fine excuse for Jim Carrey to tap into the manic energy that launched his career.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:25 PM 02-13-2020
The end times are upon us.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:06 PM 02-13-2020
I'm halfway convinced that first trailer was designed to be as awful as possible so they could go back and 'fix' it for publicity.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 02:08 PM 02-13-2020
I'm halfway convinced that first trailer was designed to be as awful as possible so they could go back and 'fix' it for publicity.
LOL like giving someone fake terrible news so when you reveal the real bad news it doesn't seem as bad.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:18 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
The end times are upon us.

[Reply]
Mennonite 09:31 AM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
LOL like giving someone fake terrible news so when you reveal the real bad news it doesn't seem as bad.
Hmm..I think you may have something there.

"Hey, man, I didn't want to be the one to have to tell you this, but...they're making a Sonic the Hedgehog movie."

"Oh God....oh Jesus God no..."

" Just kidding, buddy. Your wife and children were devoured by a pack of rabid dogs though. "

"whew - that's a relief."
[Reply]
Third Eye 08:14 PM 02-15-2020
Just got back from seeing it with the fam. Really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up