ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Media Center>Tom Hardy Is Your New Venom
thabear04 04:08 PM 05-19-2017
One of the more confusing and intriguing recent developments in our ongoing Superhero Boom has been Sony’s development of their own cinematic universe based on Spider-Man characters … but without Spider-Man in it. They own the rights to those figures, but they’re co-producing Spidey sagas set in the Disney-owned Marvel Cinematic Universe, so the webslinger himself can’t be part of a new, self-contained mythology at Sony. They’re doing the next-best thing by having their own little world that centers around longtime Spider-Man supporting player Venom, and word has come down today that Tom Hardy will be playing him (and his alter ego, Eddie Brock) in 2018’s eponymous Venom. Ruben Fleischer of Zombieland will be directing. This will be Hardy’s return to the superhero genre after his muffled turn as Bane in 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises, and it’s certainly a coup for Sony to grab such a beloved star, but the question remains: Will people see a Spider-flick that doesn’t have the original wall-crawler in it? If anyone can do it, it’s Tom, who is bald now:

Tom Hardy is Eddie Brock in #Venom, the upcoming film from Sony’s Marvel Universe releasing October 5, 2018 – production starts this fall. pic.twitter.com/OZQqDEvoum

— Sony Pictures (@SonyPictures) May 19, 2017

[Reply]
kysirsoze 06:47 PM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
I’m glad I’m not the only one who was really disappointed in the trailer. This looks like a bust which breaks my balls because I had high hopes for this.
Yeah, this looks like dog shit. Hope I'm wrong.
[Reply]
Valiant 07:12 PM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
From my understanding, Sony could use Spider-Man in a Venom universe.

Sony's agreement with Marvel, from what I interpret it to be,is that Spider-Man can appear in the MCU and that MCU characters can appear in Spider-Man movies(ala Homecoming).

What Sony's trying to do is stupid. They'd benefit so much if they just incorporated Spider-Man's universe into MCU(like all of the characters) while still having full control over distribution rights, etc.
I thought it was what you said above but Sony will eventually make their own Spiderman movies again. Marvel only got homecoming? The rest will be Sony ptlroduced with marvel guidance?

Or I am crazy.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:43 PM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I thought it was what you said above but Sony will eventually make their own Spiderman movies again. Marvel only got homecoming? The rest will be Sony ptlroduced with marvel guidance?

Or I am crazy.
The agreement with Sony and Marvel lasts through Homecoming 2.

They could always extend it(which I think Sony would be stupid not to considering they fucked up the ending of the Maguire trilogy, and fucked up Amazing Spider-Man).
[Reply]
bowener 01:16 PM 05-12-2018
This is unrelated to the film series, but I'm pumped for the new Sony Spiderman game coming to PS4.
[Reply]
sully1983 09:58 PM 05-12-2018
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Yeah, this looks like dog shit. Hope I'm wrong.
Oh no doubt. I hope I'm wrong as well. Cause Venom is such a dope character but it looks so cringeworthy .

For one, Hardy doesn't strike me as an investigative reporter . He looks like a rugby hooligan/meathead so I just can't take it that seriously( and his accent is all over the map lol) .
[Reply]
Rausch 10:20 AM 05-13-2018
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Oh no doubt. I hope I'm wrong as well. Cause Venom is such a dope character but it looks so cringeworthy .
This...
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:11 AM 05-15-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
This...
The movie looks ok...Venom looks cool at the end of the trailer. Speaking of Venom...the new #1 issue was great and I've never read Venom.
[Reply]
Fish 08:13 AM 07-31-2018
Trailer 2:

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:18 AM 07-31-2018
The CGI looks meh.
[Reply]
bowener 09:21 AM 07-31-2018
Ok... so that looks pretty terrible. Wtf is up with the terrible sound editing for his broken dialogue at the start of the trailer? You can hear the breaks in the audio where they cut and spliced his words together. Also, is Hardy shit faced the entire movie?

On the positive side, I do like that he doesn't have a shite spider on him. That is at least logical, and now that FOX no longer owns Venom's rights, I suppose we may see a crossover in the future.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:43 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
The CGI looks meh.
Looks better than it looked in the 1st trailer. But yeah, in 2018, they could do better.
[Reply]
Fish 09:50 AM 07-31-2018
The CGI looks better. But the scenes with Venom talking still look pretty goofy. I do really like how they're portraying the symbiote to instinctively protect Brock and stuff. I've also heard that Venom bites somebody's head off during the movie. Which is nice...
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:58 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Looks better than it looked in the 1st trailer. But yeah, in 2018, they could do better.
Reminded me a lot of the old Spawn movie.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:59 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Reminded me a lot of the old Spawn movie.
Heh. Yup. Was thinking the same thing.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:25 AM 07-31-2018
Is this a standalone thing or what?

Looks good, but kinda meh too.....
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up