ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 34
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>Homeland on Showtime
BigRedChief 08:40 PM 10-11-2011
Looks promising. Lots of good actors and a premise with lots of potential.
[Reply]
beach tribe 11:22 AM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
No shit. Fantastic episode this week. Fantastic twist at the end. Another layer of plot to explore. The people who are not watching this show are missing out.
Gonna download it tonight. Lots of good shows right now. I've never been into this many shows in my life.
Homeland
The Walking Dead (coming)
And Dexter

Just fantastic Television shows.

Am I missing anything?
[Reply]
KevB 02:16 PM 10-10-2012
The question I have is : Is Brody too embedded in United States Politics at this point to allow it to get out that he's a traitor? The current VP, Walden, has already floated Brody's name as his choice as his running mate and next VP....guilt by association would kill Walden's chances to become the next President. He can't let that happen. Watching the politics play out despite this apparent smoking gun will be incredibly interesting to watch.
[Reply]
WoodDraw 02:40 PM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by KevB:
The question I have is : Is Brody too embedded in United States Politics at this point to allow it to get out that he's a traitor? The current VP, Walden, has already floated Brody's name as his choice as his running mate and next VP....guilt by association would kill Walden's chances to become the next President. He can't let that happen. Watching the politics play out despite this apparent smoking gun will be incredibly interesting to watch.
I think we're about to see the conspiracy get bigger.
[Reply]
KevB 02:56 PM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by WoodDraw:
I think we're about to see the conspiracy get bigger.
Absolutely
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:47 PM 10-10-2012
They can just make him a suicide, have an accident, go postal, the number of options to make him go away and not let the stench get on them,

But, I think this show is going down the cover up/conspiracy route.
[Reply]
KevB 09:06 PM 10-10-2012
They can just make him a suicide, have an accident, go postal, the number of options to make him go away and not let the stench get on them,

But, I think this show is going down the cover up/conspiracy route.
Correct, no way they kill off a guy that just won best actor Emmy.
[Reply]
Pants 11:13 PM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
Gonna download it tonight. Lots of good shows right now. I've never been into this many shows in my life.
Homeland
The Walking Dead (coming)
And Dexter

Just fantastic Television shows.

Am I missing anything?
Homeland is like the NFL compared to the high school ball of the Walking Dead and Dexter (IMO).

I think you will really enjoy Homeland, man.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:03 PM 10-16-2012
Correct, no way they kill off a guy that just won best actor Emmy.
Holy shit that was a great episode. Best acting of the series. Brody's scene in the woods and Carries attempt at suicide was emmy winning worthy.
[Reply]
Sorter 07:19 PM 10-16-2012
Just when I shit on this show and am down on it, it has to go and

Seriously, this episode was awesome and I can't wait for the next. Totally eating crow for what I had said.

Interested in Estes role in this, as it is going to be him, Saul, and Carrie that know the truth.
[Reply]
WoodDraw 09:03 PM 10-16-2012
I really thought they'd drag the Carrrie forgetting thing out and then have an "aha" moment. And I was ready to trash the first episode. And then the ending!

And then I thought they had him lose the sd card...and I thought surely they won't cop out that way. And they didn't.

I had a lot of questions about this show, but this season has been excellent so far.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:21 PM 10-16-2012
Just watched all the episodes of this show in the last few weeks. Very good writing and acting. It was very interesting at the beginning of the series that you couldn't even really trust Carrie as a narrator and it made you doubt a lot that was going on. It's also rare to have two central characters in Carrie and Brody that are both so complex. They each believe they're doing the right thing based on their own perspectives of the world, but they're also both incredibly flawed and damaged (Carrie is bipolar and will stop at absolutely nothing to achieve her goals while Brody has become a sociopath during his time as a POW and is torn between his country and his terrorist captors). The 2nd season has also started off just as good as the last, perhaps better. It looks like they're going to explore their relationship for the rest of the season, and I hope they do, because the scenes when they were together in S1 were among the best.
[Reply]
OmahaChief 09:05 AM 10-17-2012
Carries attempt at suicide was emmy winning worthy.
The way this was handled bothered me. So she takes a ton of pills and nothing every happens and then she is back to normal. Shouldn't she have not had some sickness or stomach pumping...hell anything. Only thing I can think of is that the pills she is taking are not really pills they are placebo to trick her mind into being right, if that were the case it would not kill her.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:22 AM 10-17-2012
Originally Posted by OmahaChief:
The way this was handled bothered me. So she takes a ton of pills and nothing every happens and then she is back to normal. Shouldn't she have not had some sickness or stomach pumping...hell anything. Only thing I can think of is that the pills she is taking are not really pills they are placebo to trick her mind into being right, if that were the case it would not kill her.
Did you miss the part where she gagged herself 5 minutes later and forcible vomited up everything else?

This show is awesome. Just started watching it about a month ago, and it's one of my favorites on TV now. Just a really tightly wound show. Superb all the way around.

As for the identity of the mole... I could see it being Galvez (And Brody was the one who passed him the razor blade).
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:01 AM 10-17-2012
I've watched the whole series in the last week. The acting is fantastic, the production is top notch, the only difficulty I have is that some of the plotting is just so far-fetched that it's hard to suspend disbelief. Which is saying something for me. But all-in-all it's a really good series so far.
[Reply]
OmahaChief 11:05 AM 10-17-2012
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Did you miss the part where she gagged herself 5 minutes later and forcible vomited up everything else?
I must have totally missed that part. I figured their must have been something else that happened. This must have been the time my little one was screaming for me to come upstairs. Thanks for filling me in!
[Reply]
Page 8 of 34
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up