ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>"Tales from the Loop" - Amazon
Randallflagg 09:45 AM 04-04-2020
Wife and I binged this show yesterday. Strange as all get out - but damned compelling. I recommend it if you are looking for something "different". If I had to bet, I would say that it's Amazon's "stranger things".

[Reply]
SAGA45 05:09 PM 04-06-2020
Seems more akin to 'Dark' on netflix so far.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:15 PM 04-06-2020
Just finished the first two episodes, and while I understand the comparisons to Stranger Things (the setting) and Dark (the weirdness), I think the show really stands on its own. I would say it's almost an indy film version of that genre of show. Serious, almost brooding, with a deep exploration of themes. Mature. And the score is amazing.

If it stays at the level of quality it's had so far, it may end up being the best of the three, if not necessarily the most watched. I really, really like it so far.
[Reply]
notorious 07:16 PM 04-06-2020
Simon Stålenhag

I have the books. They are fantastic.

Very Unique.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:22 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Just finished the first two episodes, and while I understand the comparisons to Stranger Things (the setting) and Dark (the weirdness), I think the show really stands on its own. I would say it's almost an indy film version of that genre of show. Serious, almost brooding, with a deep exploration of themes. Mature. And the score is amazing.

If it stays at the level of quality it's had so far, it may end up being the best of the three, if not necessarily the most watched. I really, really like it so far.

It stays - even gets progressively better. I found it strangely fascinating.
[Reply]
SAGA45 07:56 PM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:

I love the score and the cinematography. There are so many shots that are simply amazing!
[Reply]
SAGA45 02:37 PM 04-09-2020
I finished the season and must say it was easily one of the best sci-fi/drama series Ive seen in quite some time.

Such a consistent tone and pacing from episode to episode. Every main character had depth and range....made you care and become emotionally invested. Perfect balance of intense, tragic, triumphant and joyful moments throughout. My hats off to all involved. Well done!
[Reply]
Up