ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will the 2020-21 NFL season happen?
Yes - coronavirus issues will be taken care of by then 51 40.80%
Yes - but in a dramatically reduced way (e.g., no fans, limited games, etc.) 46 36.80%
Nope - chances are the whole season will be cancelled 28 22.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Will the 2020-21 NFL season happen?
DaFace 12:04 PM 04-01-2020
Because WTF else do we have to talk about...
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:26 PM 04-04-2020
I voted no; we are never going back to 'business as usual'.

Unfortunately, I think the cure is worse than the disease...
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:44 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Yup. I wouldn't expect the owners to take losses for missing gate and concessions revenues.. especially if they have to pay a lease for their home stadiums.

EDIT: Newsom basically told the president to pound sand.

The NFL season is five months away... comparing that time-frame to China trying to re-start their professional basketball leagues barely two months after their virus peak is not an accurate comparison.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:46 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The NFL season is five months away... comparing that time-frame to China trying to re-start their professional basketball leagues barely two months after their virus peak is not an accurate comparison.
Point is the proverbial ball ultimately sits in local government's court, not in the White House.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 07:46 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I voted no; we are never going back to 'business as usual'.

Unfortunately, I think the cure is worse than the disease...
Never?
[Reply]
Chieftain 07:49 PM 04-04-2020
I think it will. It could be maybe a late start, say October or November. Worst case scenario, first few games are played without fans.
I can't foresee this lockdown extend beyond 6 months.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:53 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Apparently it’s been discussed to move the season back one month and finish in March. What sucks is they have to have about 1 month to get these guys back in football shape.

Depending on how things look in 4 months, I could see the league pushing the start back around the beginning of November, end up with 10 games and finish the SB first week of March.

That would have to mean significant progress was made and I’m not sure I see that happening.
[Reply]
IUsedToBeATightEnd 06:42 AM 04-05-2020
In Italy the soccer Championship is scheduled to restart on the first weekend of june.
All players will have to be constantly screened for being negative, no fans allowed in stadiums and team facilities will have to undergo strict hygienic protocols (disinfection etc.).
I can see the same happening here and the NFL season starting as scheduled.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up