ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Strouds fried chicken
jspchief 08:09 PM 08-10-2005
A few months back, while in KC, my relatives took me to a dumpy old joint called Strouds that looked like it was converted from a house. Despite the exterior, the inside was hospitable. They had the best damn fried chicken I've ever eaten, and serve enough food to make Whitlock uncomfortable. I know the next time I'm in town, I'll desperately be searching for that place.

Has anyone else ever eaten there? Are they famous in town for their chicken, or am I just sheltered?
[Reply]
Saul Good 09:25 PM 08-10-2005
Originally Posted by Uatu:
The northland location is near I-35 and Vivion. It's not a bad part of town at all.
Bah! Eating Straud's anywhere but the original is like listening to the Philharmonic on an 8-track. It's just not the same.
[Reply]
Uatu 09:31 PM 08-10-2005
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
Bah! Eating Straud's anywhere but the original is like listening to the Philharmonic on an 8-track. It's just not the same.
I didn't know that was not the original. It's about as good as it gets though.

I love that white heart attack gravy they have too. :-)
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:37 PM 08-10-2005
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
Would you please stop with the BBQ and fried chicken threads. Your killing me. I live in a city where the food of choice is fish taco's. :-)
And the worst Pizza I have ever tried to ingest was purchased in downtown San Diego. :-) But the Sea Food makes up for it.
[Reply]
teedubya 09:38 PM 08-10-2005
i think i will have to go there again... I went once way back in teh early ninties... loved it... then never went back. Damn Im dumb!
[Reply]
stevieray 09:55 PM 08-10-2005
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Responding to the earlier question.... yes, it's in a horrible area of town.
Ya, the Northland makes Raytown look like Leawood.

We go there at least twice a year.

that place owns fried chicken..I got a chicken fried steak once....as big as the plate.... :-)
[Reply]
DaWolf 02:46 AM 08-11-2005
http://www.stroudsrestaurant.com/
[Reply]
KcMizzou 03:04 AM 08-11-2005
Originally Posted by Uatu:
The northland location is near I-35 and Vivion. It's not a bad part of town at all.
Yeah... I was a bit confused. I thought that WAS the original location.
[Reply]
J Diddy 03:14 AM 08-11-2005
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
Yeah... I was a bit confused. I thought that WAS the original location.

How you doing KcMizzou, hadn't seen you in quite a while?
[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:27 AM 08-11-2005
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
There's one north of the river too, IIRC.
That explains Bob Dole's initial confusion. Bob Dole only knew about the one near Vivian Road.

Their chicken was the next best thing to Mar-Lon Cafe in Bronaugh, MO. (But Bob Dole doesn't think that one is there any more...)
[Reply]
mcan 03:30 AM 08-11-2005
Funny how when I was a kid, I'd think to myself "Why would anybody buy all this expensive meat when PIE and frozen pizzas are so cheap?"
[Reply]
mcan 03:31 AM 08-11-2005
Originally Posted by bobzen:
That explains Bob Dole's initial confusion. Bob Dole only knew about the one near Vivian Road.

Their chicken was the next best thing to Mar-Lon Cafe in Bronaugh, MO. (But Bob Dole doesn't think that one is there any more...)

What are YOU doing up so late? And why the hell did your name change again?! Don't ever move from Tex or I'll never recognize any of your posts... :-)
[Reply]
cookster50 04:15 AM 08-11-2005
Sorry, but I think Peachtree Buffet has the best fried chicken. Just my opinion.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:03 AM 08-11-2005
Originally Posted by Phobia:
They aren't.

They are too.

There is a Stroud's in Wichita.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:10 AM 08-11-2005
It's just my opinion but, I think Stroud's chicken is overrated. It tastes like plain ol' fried chicken to me without very much flavor at all. It's great if you like bland country cooking. To those of us that like spices that you can taste, it ain't that great.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:57 AM 08-11-2005
The one on 85th is the one we always went to. Haven't even been to the one on the north side.
But I gotta disagree with Saggy. I'm no fan of fried chicken. Usually, when the fam has chicken out, it means I'm feasting on mashed potatoes and gravy or cole slaw. But Strouds is great, and a lot of it is the freshness of the chicken and how quick it is from pan to plate.

And for those who are scared of the 85th St. location, give K.T. Fryers in Lenexa a try. The location is pure-D suburban strip mall, but the menu measures up across the board, and the waiters rock.

Oh, and anyone remember the Stoud's afilliated or Stroud's cloned restaurant immediately to the east of Arrowhead? It's been torn down.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up