ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 82 of 100
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:19 PM 01-09-2021

[Reply]
joethomas 11:24 PM 01-09-2021
The Bills today looked just as unimpressive and unscary as they did when we played them earlier this year.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:56 AM 01-10-2021
I really thought that the bills would look better than they did. I’ll be honest, I’m having trouble now seeing how buffalo makes it to the championship game.
[Reply]
milkshock 04:13 AM 01-10-2021
Out in the next round. We wont see them.
[Reply]
vonBobo 04:53 AM 01-10-2021
It's not like the chiefs have been looking really great lately either. I could see why a bills fan would look at any recent game and think they have a shot.

A lot of the teams looked gassed and out of plays on Saturday, especially the losing teams. The two things I don't expect to see from the chiefs next week is looking tired or playing without creativity, but their opponent just might.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 06:06 AM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I really thought that the bills would look better than they did. I’ll be honest, I’m having trouble now seeing how buffalo makes it to the championship game.
The same way they led at halftime yesterday.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:36 AM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Game went as I expected. Buffalo slips by Indy but doesn't cover. 7 points was way too high of a line Vegas was throwing out there.

Indy left a lot of points on the table. On offense correctly attacked Buffalo soft middle.

On defense Eberflus let Allen run to his right the whole 1st half. Played way too much vanilla zone where Allen didn't have to process and could live on his pre snap read. The few times Indy did show pressure and attack or bail it messed with Buffalo offense quite well.
[Reply]
TEX 07:39 AM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by joethomas:
The Bills today looked just as unimpressive and unscary as they did when we played them earlier this year.
Yep. Deal is the Colts made several bad coaching decisions, did not execute in critical situations, and missed a very makeable FG. IF just one of those things doesn't happen, they win. Josh Allen lookd nervous at crunch time again. It was more like the Colts did way more to lose it, than the Bills did to win it.
[Reply]
wheeler08 07:45 AM 01-10-2021
Yea Reich lost that game more than Buffalo winning. They done everything they could to let Indy win, and Phyllis couldn’t get it done or Reich wouldn’t take the layup. But I guess if you miss the layups too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[Reply]
Pushead2 07:59 AM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
Yea Reich lost that game more than Buffalo winning. They done everything they could to let Indy win, and Phyllis couldn’t get it done or Reich wouldn’t take the layup. But I guess if you miss the layups too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Agreed, Reich's coaching yesterday was hot garbage.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:04 AM 01-10-2021
Pretty much this.

Reich had Rivers throw 46 times. That's always a recipe for disaster. In spite of that, Rivers had a statistically respectable game. 27/46, 309 yds, 2 TDs, zero INTs, zero sacks, 92 QBR, 93 P-rtg. If I were a Bills fan, I would be concerned about my defense's inability to get to a statue, or even affect his efficiency.

Also, IND ran for 163 yds, and a 5.4 yds/carry average, including two rushes for over 20.

BUF's defense did not have a good day against a QB with a noodle arm and a bad run game, allowing nearly 500 yds of offense.
[Reply]
notorious 08:56 AM 01-10-2021
Thank you, Bills.

My brother is fucking excited, and it's awesome. Keep rolling.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:02 AM 01-10-2021
They should show Indy's 2 minute drill in coaching rooms everywhere as an example of how not to run a 2 minute drill.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:12 AM 01-10-2021
Meh, they're still dangerous. I remember the Chiefs beating Houston in a pretty imperfect win. Getting that playoff win under their belt is a huge weight off their shoulder. Especially for Mcdermott. Im not worried about them but the fact that they won and that allen didn't fall apart makes them a tough team to contend with.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:13 AM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
They should show Indy's 2 minute drill in coaching rooms everywhere as an example of how not to run a 2 minute drill.
Indy did everything you are not supposed to do in a playoff game on the road, and still damn near beat the Bills. I’m fearful that Frank Reich may have suffered a stroke shortly after the opening kickoff given his decision making yesterday. Just WOW!
[Reply]
Page 82 of 100
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692 > Last »
Up