ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3482 of 3903
« First < 2482298233823432347234783479348034813482 3483348434853486349235323582 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:08 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
These new variants are a pain and don't seem to be milder like we had all hoped.

Germany’s third Covid wave needs drastic measures, says health chief

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...ehp&li=AAggFp5
I'm old enough to remember when Germany's response was the gold standard around this thread.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:35 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I'm old enough to remember when Germany's response was the gold standard around this thread.
Some thought Sweden was , some thought this was all a hoax as well, some thought NZ and AUS 's response was too extreme, some thought the new technology of the Pfizer and Moderna's vaccine were too risky to take and wanted to wait for the AstraZeneca and J&J old tech versions.

A world shortage of newly developed vaccines during a pandemic wasn't unexpected.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:36 AM 04-15-2021

CDC identifies only 5,800 Covid-19 infections after the final vaccine, out of more than 66 million. And those who got it had mild cases. https://t.co/gvBu6s1mlQ

— Eliza Collins (@elizacollins1) April 15, 2021

[Reply]
louie aguiar 11:49 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The article seems to be saying two things:

1) breakthrough cases are extremely rare (.008%) in those that are fully vaccinated and those that do get covid after vaccination experience very mild and manageable infections

but it also states:

2) It's a reminder that even vaccinated people are at risk and should continue to take precautions such as masking and social distancing in many circumstances.

If cases are that rare in those that are vaccinated and breakthrough cases are generally mild, why do vaccinated people need to continue to take those precautions?
[Reply]
TLO 12:05 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:

1) breakthrough cases are extremely rare (.008%) in those that are fully vaccinated and those that do get covid after vaccination experience very mild and manageable infections

but it also states:

2) It's a reminder that even vaccinated people are at risk and should continue to take precautions such as masking and social distancing in many circumstances.

If cases are that rare in those that are vaccinated and breakthrough cases are generally mild, why do vaccinated people need to continue to take those precautions?
Who the hell knows. Messaging has been awful
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:06 PM 04-15-2021

but it also states:

Only conspiracy theorists ask questions. You aren't a conspiracy theorist, are you?
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:30 PM 04-15-2021
I haven't been in this thread much of late or around in general after that shitty SB loss but I am curious what everyone's employer doing in regards to working from home\hybrid or not. My employer is trying to get a large part of our employees at least in a hybrid model starting in May.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:40 PM 04-15-2021

but it also states:

Poor messaging + extreme caution.

The 2nd statement is now 3-4 months old, made when they of course didn't have the information backed by 66 million fully vaccinated people.

Why they would still be communicating that is beyond me. Perhaps the message behind the message is "don't be a dick and go off the rails about being vaccinated if there's still a mandate in your area"... instead of the drama that would come with that, they want to still communicate one message (wear a mask, stay away from people).... and then once we hit a threshold of vaccinated people, it would be a new single message lifting mandates and what not.

Just a wild guess though... they also shut down a vaccine because of a one in a million chance, so there's that. :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:57 PM 04-15-2021

but it also states:

I wonder if the second part is really about this interim period where we still have a lot of unvaccinated people running around. I would agree with your take that if breakthrough infection is that rare, it's merely become part of our daily background risk.
[Reply]
TLO 02:57 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I haven't been in this thread much of late or around in general after that shitty SB loss but I am curious what everyone's employer doing in regards to working from home\hybrid or not. My employer is trying to get a large part of our employees at least in a hybrid model starting in May.
We've been back in the office full time since November.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:23 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
We've been back in the office full time since November.
Damn. I am sorry.
[Reply]
TLO 03:25 PM 04-15-2021
Damn. I am sorry.
I'm not. My productivity in office is at least 3x that of working from home.
[Reply]
stevieray 04:11 PM 04-15-2021
Damn. I am sorry.
:-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:08 PM 04-15-2021
I'm not. My productivity in office is at least 3x that of working from home.
I am working longer hours at home some since I feel like home is the office. Still I don’t want to go back to the office I would miss waking up and just throwing on whatever and working :-). Plus this is the first year I haven’t been sick in a decade.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:47 PM 04-15-2021
What's with the slow vaccine roll out in all these places?
The US threw money at the problem and the EU tried to negotiate careful contracts that wouldn't leave them on the hook if the vaccines didn't work.

One of the rare occasions that crony capitalism paid off handsomely but a pandemic that's costing trillions isn't the occasion to pinch pennies.
[Reply]
Page 3482 of 3903
« First < 2482298233823432347234783479348034813482 3483348434853486349235323582 > Last »
Up