ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2582 of 3903
« First < 1582208224822532257225782579258025812582 258325842585258625922632268230823582 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
loochy 12:34 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Coronavirus vaccine tracker: How close are we to a vaccine?

Very nice of Brazil to offer their completely unchecked covid spread for our clinical trials.
Mexico next in line, right?
[Reply]
Ebolapox 12:38 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Do they not pay or pay you less if you work virtually? That sucks man I feel for you and hope you stay safe.
they do pay regardless but I teach at a district where there are a TON of covid-deniers. hell, the asst principal is the type to say 'I don't get the flu vaccine bc that one time I got it 30 years ago I got flu!!!!!'

Yeah. They're gonna force it and I just gotta hope that I'm not one of many teachers who WILL catch this and one of those that WILL get permanent tissue/organ damage or die.

I'll do my part but I'd almost guarantee they won't make kids wear masks as they're worried about lawsuits (there are a few litigious people in our community) and there will be no teeth to any consequences re: hand washing, sanitation, etc.

we'll end up shut down sooner rather than later I'd guess.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 12:40 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
All of our High school and Elementary school teachers got paid their salary in full. Part of that was covered by the PPP through the schools. Most of these teachers have either Tenure or on contracts.
we can choose not to teach this year (in class mostly, we're starting with one day a week virtual--ha, that'll help) but we obviously won't be paid.

got paid for the last part of last year as well, they've treated us well... don't get me wrong. but they're going to open whether hell or high water.
[Reply]
jdubya 12:42 PM 07-13-2020
Grateful I dont have kids in those districts......they are screwed
[Reply]
Ebolapox 12:43 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
as a teacher we hate it too, but it beats the alternative (rushing forward with only surface level precautions that will be mostly ignored)
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:56 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is a great relief for me and I'm glad it was announced 6 weeks before school starts so that the kids have ample time to adjust to the news.

I was thinking about you when I saw that. I would be relieved as well.
[Reply]
EWOK 12:57 PM 07-13-2020
Our district in Phoenix is going online for the first couple of weeks than in person on August 17th. I have not seen much discussion on the students mental and physical needs beyond Covid -19 precautions. I personally have students that the only time the get feed regularly is at school, my classroom is their only real safe place, or the only real "Adult" interaction they get. I could go on with this list. So who are we willing to sacrifice?
This is going to be a tough discussion for any school board.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:04 PM 07-13-2020
You are dumb AF
[Reply]
jdubya 01:07 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by EWOK:
Our district in Phoenix is going online for the first couple of weeks than in person on August 17th. I have not seen much discussion on the students mental and physical needs beyond Covid -19 precautions. I personally have students that the only time the get feed regularly is at school, my classroom is their only real safe place, or the only real "Adult" interaction they get. I could go on with this list. So who are we willing to sacrifice?
This is going to be a tough discussion for any school board.
Fantastic point. A local college in my town has kept a few students in the dorms last semester after the shutdown because they were too scared to go home to violent households. My sister teaches in elementary school and many of her students only feel safe with her in the classroom. Even when they tried to finish the year "online" a few of the kids never participated and havent been heard from since. Shes worried about some of them. School is definitely the only safe space for many kids.
[Reply]
jdubya 01:08 PM 07-13-2020
You are dumb AF
Another intelligent "zinger" :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:08 PM 07-13-2020
I was thinking about you when I saw that. I would be relieved as well.
Thanks, Dude!

I've already received a bunch of text from other "Dads" who are also happy about this decision and after speaking with my kids, who of course would love to be back in school with their friends and teachers, but they're fine with it, too.

I'll be surprised if they're allowed back into their classrooms in January and to me, it looks like the best case scenario in Los Angeles is probably the Fall of 2021.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:11 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by EWOK:
personally have students that the only time the get feed regularly is at school, my classroom is their only real safe place, or the only real "Adult" interaction they get.
LAUSD continues to deliver meals for children whose lunch and dinner are provided by their school.

Is that not an option in Phoenix?
[Reply]
Pants 01:11 PM 07-13-2020
I know it has to be done but it is a very difficult situation for homes where both parents work. :-)
[Reply]
eDave 01:15 PM 07-13-2020
Another intelligent "zinger" :-)
How are they screwed?
[Reply]
EWOK 01:18 PM 07-13-2020
LAUSD continues to deliver meals for children whose lunch and dinner are provided by their school.

Is that not an option in Phoenix?
Right now they have drive up service, so the problem becomes if the parent can't/won't make the trip to the school.
[Reply]
Page 2582 of 3903
« First < 1582208224822532257225782579258025812582 258325842585258625922632268230823582 > Last »
Up