ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 726 of 2686
« First < 226626676716722723724725726 72772872973073677682612261726 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:40 AM 04-14-2018
Originally Posted by JDKinman:

Cantrell is a receiver equivalent to Mahomes in many ways. Foremost, probably, is in his uncanny ability to not only get open, but do so in a way that a scrambling quarterback can not only see, but deliver a pass to. Second, you rarely saw Cantrell drop a ball. Third, he is a fantastic blocking receiver. You don't play for Kingsbury if you can't or will not block. And fourth, the young man runs some amazingly precise routes. He reminds me of a guy from the old Baltimore Colts by the name of Raymond Berry in his work ethics and how hard he works at his routes and studying his opponents.

It would probably be too much to ask from the football gods to see Cantrell end up in Kansas City. If he does, by some miracle, I may have to buy a house up there just for weekends during the fall. :-)

JD
Another great post! I really enjoy your takes on football- excellent!

I am intrigued with getting a receiver that Mahomes has such a long history with. These two can probably finish each other's sentences. So what round do you think the Chiefs should draft him? And would it be worth it to take him a round earlier than projected, just because of the great connection and history between the two?
[Reply]
JDKinman 12:03 PM 04-14-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Another great post! I really enjoy your takes on football- excellent!

I am intrigued with getting a receiver that Mahomes has such a long history with. These two can probably finish each other's sentences. So what round do you think the Chiefs should draft him? And would it be worth it to take him a round earlier than projected, just because of the great connection and history between the two?
Color me crazy, but if the Chiefs made it their mission to sign Cantrell, I have little doubt that the Chiefs' offense would be a literal re-make of the Cowboys dominant offense of the early 90s.

Hunt provides the ground game, Hill is the constant deep threat and guy who requires double-coverage. We're two-deep at tight end and both are also excellent blockers.

Add Cantrell to the mix and defensive coordinators will go nuts trying to figure out who to double-team: Hill or Cantrell. In the meanwhile, that frees up our tight end and/or allows the receivers to spread the field and when you do THAT with a Kareem Hunt and Patrick Mahomes in the backfield. . .

I'll also be interested to see how Jace Amaro does with KC and Mahomes. Amaro was a monster during his years at Tech and was virtually unstoppable. From day one in the NFL, he was never used even close in a way that would maximize his potential. While he and Mahomes never played together, they played under the same system, so there will be familiarity.

This is going to be a fun season to watch.

JD
[Reply]
BossChief 12:42 PM 04-14-2018
We were talking about Amaro a few days ago and how Andy layed it out how they were teaching Mahomes the offense in relation to what he did at TT and how Mahomes and Amaro might help get Jace on the field in ways that he can be an effective 2 for us.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 03:41 PM 04-15-2018
Color me crazy, but if the Chiefs made it their mission to sign Cantrell, I have little doubt that the Chiefs' offense would be a literal re-make of the Cowboys dominant offense of the early 90s.

Hunt provides the ground game, Hill is the constant deep threat and guy who requires double-coverage. We're two-deep at tight end and both are also excellent blockers.

Add Cantrell to the mix and defensive coordinators will go nuts trying to figure out who to double-team: Hill or Cantrell. In the meanwhile, that frees up our tight end and/or allows the receivers to spread the field and when you do THAT with a Kareem Hunt and Patrick Mahomes in the backfield. . .

I'll also be interested to see how Jace Amaro does with KC and Mahomes. Amaro was a monster during his years at Tech and was virtually unstoppable. From day one in the NFL, he was never used even close in a way that would maximize his potential. While he and Mahomes never played together, they played under the same system, so there will be familiarity.

JD
knock on Amaro ever since he has been in the NFL is that he doesn't want to get down and dirty for blocking on run plays.

At Tech he was a matchup nightmare. Faster than safeteys too big for corners to cover

Would be nice to see him get a fair shot and make the KC roster, if he proves himself
[Reply]
staylor26 04:25 PM 04-15-2018

JD
Judging by this post I’m guessing you either don’t know or forgot that we signed Sammy Watkins?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:38 PM 04-15-2018
I love watching the reaction of people watching Mahomes. Donko fans are funny.

https://youtu.be/ivYKL5NZ-fc

https://youtu.be/x8IxOpati74

https://youtu.be/ynOuE0325Us

https://youtu.be/U8Du6wShyA4
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:13 PM 04-15-2018
https://youtu.be/Bb1sHvXDx9s
[Reply]
RunKC 01:53 PM 04-16-2018
Wanna know why we are overloading the RB position with athletic guys who can play receiver?

Read this... (on my phone. Someone else please post)

https://amp.thenewsstar.com/amp/9040...mpression=true

We’re going to see a lot of new shit that Mahomes did in college. Andy restructured his offense to fit Alex and now he’s doing the same with Pat. Can’t wait
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 05:19 AM 04-17-2018
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/patrick...033729271.html

This kid wants to be ready when the season starts, he's putting in extra time to get familiar with the receivers and work on timing. This offense is going to be efficient and unstoppable.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:03 AM 04-17-2018
Though Cantrell is a good friend of Pat's, I'm not sure he would fit our scheme considering Brett said he wanted "fast" receivers and Cantrell is most certainly NOT one of those. He's much more of a big possession receiver from what I've seen. I think at best he'll be taken In the sixth or seventh round or may well go undrafted. IF he Is undrafted then no doubt he could end up at KC in the practice squad and then the coaches could see how he develops, but apart from that I'm not sure.

Keke Coutee, who also has a history with Pat, is much more likely to get drafted by the Chiefs imo and would be a dangerous weapon from the slot.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:22 AM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:

This kid wants to be ready when the season starts, he's putting in extra time to get familiar with the receivers and work on timing. This offense is going to be efficient and unstoppable.
Good article. Mahomes has his head on straight. He's going to be awesome. Is it September yet ?
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 06:28 AM 04-17-2018
Can Mahomes season start now? This is easily the most excited I’ve been this early out for a season in maybe 15 years. Coming off the 2003 season I was pretty excited as a kid for 2004.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:40 AM 04-17-2018
[QUOTE=KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN;13520013]https://www.yahoo.com/sports/patrick...033729271.html

Originally Posted by :
As some Chiefs fans worry about whether things will be better with the inexperienced Mahomes taking over for the veteran who was traded to Washington
I haven’t run into one Chiefs fan worried about replacing Alex with Pat.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:43 AM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:

Remember when Brodie Croyle was more worried about his fucking wedding than winning the QB job from Huard?
[Reply]
Shoes 08:12 AM 04-17-2018

JD
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Judging by this post I’m guessing you either don’t know or forgot that we signed Sammy Watkins?
No doubt- also criminal to compare Cantrell to Tyreek Hill at this stage. You ask 32 defensive coordinators who they are more worried about I bet you get the same answer every single time.

That being said I don't mind Cantrell as a late round flyer in the upcoming draft (not just for the Chiefs just in general).
[Reply]
Page 726 of 2686
« First < 226626676716722723724725726 72772872973073677682612261726 > Last »
Up